Help with ordering charge cable from Ebay

Guest matejsolid

Guest matejsolid

Hy,
I'm in need of longer charging cable,previously I ordered from Ebay but it doesnt stick in phone's charging port and usually just comes off.

The problem is in this part,it needs to be long enough to work very well with F1's charging port and I wondered did anyone ordered recently cable that can recommend works good with Coolpad F1.

post-1046454-0-74705600-1424980231_thumb

The Coolpad like most phones these days just uses a standard micro USB cable.

Nothing special about it.

I've used lots from different sources and they all work fine.

Some of them are very cheapo cables and they work fine.

Maybe you just got a crappy cable from eBay?

Could you pare some of the moulded "collar" off to get the micro USB connector to attach better perhaps?

Edited by dalyer

Guest matejsolid

The Coolpad like most phones these days just uses a standard micro USB cable.

Nothing special about it.

I've used lots from different sources and they all work fine.

Some of them are very cheapo cables and they work fine.

Maybe you just got a crappy cable from eBay?

Could you pare some of the moulded "collar" off to get the micro USB connector to attach better perhaps?

I specifically noted that other easily falls and doesnt "stick" in charging port very well like the one which came with F1 but stoci one is too short so I'm looking lets say extended version of stock at least 2 metres.

Longer connector which goes into phone is must have if you plan using phone while charging or it falls out off charging port in phone every second.

Its pretty annoying and I'd like buy just like stock but longer.

Guest matejsolid

I'd expect any micro USB cable to work and connect securely.

I'm surprised that the one that you got does not.

For what it's worth dx have a number of 2M USB to micro USB cables here:

http://www.dx.com/s/2m+micro+usb

Hope this helps.

Yeah I'd expect so but I tried 3-4 usb cables from Note 2,LG 4X,some basic cable from IT store but every cable doesnt "stick" good into charging port,falls so easily,you cant use F1 in horizontal mode while charging.

But the cable which came with F1 sticks good and doesnt have any problems.I use TPU case but I also tried removing case and using without case and same thing.

I read Note 3/4 has same problems,thanks for the link but I'm searching for longer connector version so I dont have any problems.

Guest Arpione

I got my cable from an ebay auction for less than a dollar and I had no such problems with it (I've been using it for months now so it seems to be sturdy too). Here are 2 links from the same seller, one for an auction and one for fix price, I'd expect them to be the same as mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Micro-USB-Battery-Charger-Data-Sync-Cable-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-S4-S5-Note-II-/311304576013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487b32dc0d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Micro-USB-Data-Sync-Cable-Battery-Charger-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-S4-S5-Note-2-3-/360911886548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54080658d4

On the fixe price one the 2nd and 3rd pictures show the actual connector length.

Edited by Arpione

Guest pestpony

Why don't you try in a chinese bazaar??

In my country there are a lot of them and it was easy for me to buy 2 long cables with the suitable metallic connection lenght.

post-1047353-0-98383900-1425080180_thumb

Edited by pestpony

Guest pestpony

So... what... ??

The issue is not the price, it is the cable connection.

Sometimes people look only for the price (in this case is not much), without considering any other values like waiting time or "touching" possibility (these things has a price too).

Anyway, my comment it was only for offering another possibility to matejsolid, not for talking about places or money.

Guest matejsolid

What is bazzar ? I agree,here in Croatia simple HDMI cable cost 3-4 times than when you order from Ebay,same rebranded *hit...

charging cable 1m 4 euros LOL from ebay 70 cents ...

I ordered this hopefully this one will do work :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161462086005?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=460499008724&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 4 weeks later...
Guest matejsolid

Guys I have original cable but it is too short for me,I need at least 2-3 metres of length.

I received this cable,again same story and same *hit,falls off every time I move it more roughly.

image.jpg

Guest Arpione

I don't think you can get a 3m micro USB cable and even if you do there's no guarantee it'll charge the phone at the same speed as the shorter ones. Why would you need a cable that long anyway?

Guest dalyer

I don't think you can get a 3m micro USB cable 

Plenty of 3M micro USB cables on ebay but maybe not with the longer micro USB connector.

Guest Jpower73

Didn't tested on data transfer.

Only charge. I'll do the data test tomorrow and I'll feedback. ;)

P.S.: very good quality and nice... "outfit"..

Edited by Jpower73

Guest mindtrapper

I can tell you where to buy cables with long connectors that will work when you have a thick case on but they are quite short and are charge only, no data. Are you interested?

Guest xeros2

I specifically noted that other easily falls and doesnt "stick" in charging port very well like the one which came with F1 but stoci one is too short so I'm looking lets say extended version of stock at least 2 metres.

Longer connector which goes into phone is must have if you plan using phone while charging or it falls out off charging port in phone every second.

Its pretty annoying and I'd like buy just like stock but longer.

Strange that I have the same problem but with stock cable.

I agree that's very annoying.

Many other cables tested work a lot better with my F1 (for example stock from Lenovo A850+, stock charger from my childs old Samsung Galaxy Y, tablets… ).

I'm also searching for cheap good (at least a bit longer) cable.

Edited by xeros2