WARNING !! no free internet with free email promotion

Guest Stealth

Guest FrankyG
So has the period to get on the promotion finished?

I phoned up yesterday about it and the lady on 156 was trying to put me on the WAP offer and she didn't seem to understand what I was after.

If the sign-up period has finished then I might phone up and complain to get it today.

Well, did you phone? My mate is in the same position...he forgot to call 156 when I told him to, so he's planning to call them today and ask. Hope you're successful!

Guest Brody

It is supposed to have been the last day that you could sign up yesterday (31/07/2003). I had this confirmed to me by 156 when i signed up yesterday :)

Guest fozzie
So has the period to get on the promotion finished?

Yes, since yesterday was 31 July - the last day to sign up.

There's no excuse for people missing the boat on this one - it's been discussed here since May. :roll:

My problem is that I jumped the gun on getting it - with the asumption that my Access Pack was going to run out when O said it was going to. Freebie GPRS runs out on 27 Aug for me :cry: Shall have to keep a lookout for any other Promo's.

Guest fozzie

The Promo will be shown on your bill. When you get your bill in 3 months time it will show the date that the Promo runs out. I also got a text saying the date it runs out, about a month before the end.

Guest cgjackson2001

If just been off the phone to 156 ocs, and he said that i would be charged for downloading a file of 7MB and a about ten webpages. is this true or not, im confused :? which is true or not true that is the question. :?

Guest Brody

It seems to me that GPRS HAS to be free as they would not allow me onto the offer without taking me off my GPRS bundle! This should be enough to convince every1 surely!? Now could someone PLEASE change the name of this topic!!

Guest Rob.P

Well, did you phone? My mate is in the same position...he forgot to call 156 when I told him to, so he's planning to call them today and ask. Hope you're successful!

Not yet, too busy at work atm, will phone in an hours time when I get home, I have a good case as my call from yesterday was logged. Suppose it all depends on their system and whether the option to add is still there.

Guest fozzie
Not yet, too busy at work atm.......

:shock: So it's not really you reading and posting on MoDaCo then - 'cos you're "too busy at work" :)

Guest Rob.P

The advantage of three screens, seeing as Windows will probably never do true multitasking, thought I'd better make up for what it is lacking (a pause as rob also makes a cup of tea, emails 20 people and designs a new logo) sorry got distracted for a second :)

Guest Mesh121

its still on i rang and i asked.

i asked for free mobile email promotion they gave it

at the end i asked is that free gprs for 3 months they go yes :).

I just rang so its on still not on the website although they say check there. :o

Guest CamperBoy

It's not too late!!

Yippee . . . . I'm on the promotion too now, just rang up now having read all these threads (not been on the forum for a while) so I though I'd try it out.

The bloke on 156 could have said "Officially it's for e-mail use, but this also covers all GPRS connections on the SPV" But apparently he didn't tell me that :roll:

They have no way to differentiate what the data call is for.

He said my free package will end on 2nd November and I'll be moved back onto the 2MB package I was on before unless I call them and change it.

:)

Guest Mesh121

:) is it me or does it actualy take a longg time to dial :/. O i think its to late now last nite my cousin rang after i shared the offer with him. And he dint get it thje only one on now is the access pack. so 156 said.

Does anyone know if the promotion starts as soon as you're put on it, or from the next billing date? Both my brother and I have signed up and we've both been given conflicting information twice! Nothing like consistency....

Guest JoelRae
Does anyone know if the promotion starts as soon as you're put on it, or from the next billing date?

I'm fairly sure it's straight away mate ... I got the promotion on my account then phoned up the next day to check it had taken effect and the guy said it was active. Another sign that this is the case is that people seem to be getting given individual dates that their promotions will end based on the date they asked for the promotion, not their billing date :shock:

Hope that matches what everyone else thinks!! :)

Joel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

I've just called and been put on the 3month email gprs promotion so it seems you just have to speak to the right Orange rep to get it.

I asked for it by that name and the representative asked for details and where I'd heard about it. I got the impression to begin with that she didn't want to concede it's existence but once I'd explained the offer as I understood it and said I'd read about it on the internet she straight away agreed. 30meg a month for three months! FREE!

Thanks again Modaco, so far you've provided me with decertification, sim unlocking, software like Mobile MPV, skins, ringtones, and alot of fun along the way. Now this!

Long live Modaco!

Guest fozzie

That's excellent news (if it's the right promotion), seeing as registration was supposed to end at the end of July :)

My promo runs out in 2 days so maybe if I ring back once I am on a 'regular' tariff, I can get put back on the promo ;)

Guest Pondrew

Yeah, I only found out about the promo by searching the forum for GPRS tariffs. Was only looking to find out which operator was best value for when my contract runs out (December). And I didn't notice the dates on the topic or I probably wouldn't have tried!

Took the advice off the previous postings and got the representative to confirm that it would be free GPRS (full internet and email) upto 30meg for the next three months. When I asked how much this would cost me she said free. She also confirmed that once the three months is over I'll be back on the £4 for 2meg package.

If the promo really has ended I just hope they don't try and back out of the agreement once they realise the error.

Guest gevans2000

I take it that if you were on the original SPV "unlimited" GPRS promotion (i.e. the one they were offereing to until February) then you can't sign up to this promotion.

Has anyone who was on the original unlimited promotion managed to get this new email promotion added to their account?