How to get any network to work on your spv i.e. 02, Voda...

Guest Spvguy

I'm sure you're right.

I'm very eager to have it work with my vodafone sim you see. I have ordered one and I am very keep on retaining my original account.

Exciting stuff!

Guest naumanmajeed
hi there, theres an easy way to get your phone working on all four networks such as orange, 02, vodafone and t-mobile. The phone comes as triband so this is how to get any simm network working on the SPV:-  

1.) Insert the power adapter that was recieved with the SPV into the phone  

2.) Remove the Battery and notice that the phone does NOT turn off  

3.) Remove the Orange Simm and replace it with the Other network Simm  

4.) Replace the battery and remove the power adapter.  

Now in about 2 minutes the phone should switch from Orange to the new network. If it doesn make sure you check that Programs->Settings->Telephony->Networks-> and put the network on AUTOMATIC. This should be pretty simple so i guess even my little 8 year old brother could figure it out. Remember that when you turn the phone off, it will still be blocked so you will need to do the entire process again.  

[Edit by Site Admin: No piracy on the forum, NO EXPECTIONS!]If anyone has anymore questions just email me on [email protected]...

I have tried the battery trick and it works but I am unable to send SMS. I can receive SMS but cannot send. Any solution to solve this problem.

naumanmajeed

You need to go to:

Programs>

Call Options>

...and change the 'SMS service Centre' number to that for the network you wish to use (Voda, 02, etc etc).

Hope this helps.

Guest naumanmajeed

I have already done that but still outgoing SMS is blocked. :cry:

Another interesting experience is that the voice mail number cannot be changed to anything other than Orange no.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Can't you delete it and reassign key 1 to the number of ur providers voicemail number? I'd try myself now but i dont have a copy of the Orange voicemail number to hand to reset it after :/

Guest naumanmajeed

If you delete it and save it, next time you go in & it comes back again. the Orange Voice mail no. is +447973100123

I tried it in settings->telephony ->Call Options

Guest aspillmann

that's fine to get the SPV work on any network. It there a way to have your SPV work with a sim card of another operator. ie. Vodaphone or Swisscom...

As coverage of Orange is quiet bad i'd rather insert the sim card of an other operator.

Guest aspillmann

No! one is about roaming in aerias with different network accesses. The first SPV was real shi.. in roaming from orange to an other loacal network with stronger reception. The other is obviously unlocking your phone to other Sim cards. Having now gone through the messages it looks like the last update version has much better reception and roams much better but we'r f..... with sim of another operator.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread may be the deciding factor on whether or not I will buy the SVP. I have a (work supplied) 3310 and a Psion3, I would like to have one smartphone using the sim from the work phone (O2).

My work are happy for me to use the sim in any phone, the only difficulty is whether the SPV will be stable using the O2 sim card.

Will my O2 sim be able to connect to the Internet?

BTW, I notice that the suggested way of doing this has been well circulated across the Internet!

:idea: THIS UNSIMLOCK WORK BUT IF YOU OFF THE PHONE

THE SPV IS LOCK.AND IF YOU WANT TO PHONE WITH AN NO ORANGE SIM CARD YOU LL DO AN OTHER UNSIMLOCK MANIPULATION WITH BATTERY AND USB BASE.....

I THINK

IT S TRUE

BERTRAND

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bestuglyboy

Hey guys! I just bought a Orange SPV. I want to get it unlocked but I have no Orange service. That means I can't get the unlock code from Orange. Unless someone here that has Orange service is willing to help me out I am going to need a generator. I'm in Vietnam, the Orange SPV detected the networks at Vietnam but it requires a SIM Unlocking Code.

How can I know this code or how to crack it!

Anyome want to help me?

Hi all,

Does any SPV genius :roll: no if these phones can be completely blocked, cause I brought a second hand one although I wanted it to run on a O2 chip (when i get my new O2 sim) and tried my mates two Orange Sim card and it just comes up with No Service :?:

Any ideas would be helpful :)

Cheers guys

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :)

They do not have to be the same, just remember which code goes with which SIM.

The SIM code is only on the SIM not on the phone.

Is like the SPV dont even connects to my other SIM I cant see my contacts and it says "no service" or "no acces.. searching" and when i go into sim management it says that my fone number is 9?88001030403!0043 and some more numbers..

• 1 month later...
Guest chenxigood
hi  :lol:  there, theres an easy way to get your phone working on all four networks such as orange, 02, vodafone and t-mobile. The phone comes as triband so this is how to get any simm network working on the SPV:-  

1.) Insert the power adapter that was recieved with the SPV into the phone  

2.) Remove the Battery and notice that the phone does NOT turn off  

3.) Remove the Orange Simm and replace it with the Other network Simm  

4.) Replace the battery and remove the power adapter.  

Now in about 2 minutes the phone should switch from Orange to the new network. If it doesn make sure you check that Programs->Settings->Telephony->Networks-> and put the network on AUTOMATIC. This should be pretty simple so i guess even my little 8 year old brother could figure it out. Remember that when you turn the phone off, it will still be blocked so you will need to do the entire process again.  

If anyone has anymore questions just email me on [email protected] :oops:  :D  ;)  :(  :wink:

hi, i just wonder if this method can be used in China or other asian countries? :lol: