How to get any network to work on your spv i.e. 02, Voda...

Guest Spvguy

hi :( there, theres an easy way to get your phone working on all four networks such as orange, 02, vodafone and t-mobile. The phone comes as triband so this is how to get any simm network working on the SPV:-

1.) Insert the power adapter that was recieved with the SPV into the phone

2.) Remove the Battery and notice that the phone does NOT turn off

3.) Remove the Orange Simm and replace it with the Other network Simm

4.) Replace the battery and remove the power adapter.

Now in about 2 minutes the phone should switch from Orange to the new network. If it doesn make sure you check that Programs->Settings->Telephony->Networks-> and put the network on AUTOMATIC. This should be pretty simple so i guess even my little 8 year old brother could figure it out. Remember that when you turn the phone off, it will still be blocked so you will need to do the entire process again.

If anyone has anymore questions just email me on [email protected] :oops: :P :D :( :wink:

Guest stillwaiting

All hail SPVGUY, we are not worthy to be in the presence such Genius. Tried it with T/mobile sim and worked first time. ALL HAIL SPVGUY> keep up the good work.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I use a really funky service called Infuzer.

It puts the weather as 'all day events' in Outlook, which then get synced over (5 days at a time).

It also does premiership football matches, and more is on the way allegedly.

Free too, even though it says 'some services are premium (ie weather!)'.

P

Wow it works, bit dodgy tho, came up with Sim lock code twice because i tried to force it using radio on/off, which dosnt work, its still thinks the old sim cards in their tho because when i went to sim manager, it comes up with my orange number NOT t-mobile!!! So obviously dont do a radio on/off or it asks for sim code. Noticed that is ONE2ONE and not T-MOBILE hehehe! You also have todo it fairly quickly b4 it goes no service!

Appeal to paul get rid of the warning he discovered a gem!

I rekon SP1 will cure this, it will be punishment!

Hi guys im back again. Just wanted to inform you about tha hard reset. Ive been having a go with it and it doesnt seem to do anything special. I had this really painstaking white screen coming up with all these on and off commands and couldnt get rid of it. I found out later it was the operator deafult which u have to set in the bootloader. You cant do much with the simlock, it seems to say failed when you try to access it. I did everything, erased the ISPM and flashed the CE but it still didnt go away. I even got to a stage where i had my 02 simm card in the phone and it appeard with radio on, when i switched it off it quickly prompted for the passcode for simlock. The good thing is it messed up my SD card and when i restarted my phone it automatically formatted it and gave me 6mb of free RAM!...anyways need da toilet see ya

I did the same thing for an SPV in Switzerland. It turns out that the new operator connection signal appears but not phone connections can be made to and from the phone. Any ideas? :cry:

From what it sounds like, seems that simlock functions as part of SP OS.. So it is not really like usual simlock - performed on hardware level... Or it is just OS registering in current session that you have an orange card, so unlocks it until the phone switched off...

Don't think you'll find the comment surprising, but thought i'd put in my 2p.

I guess the OS is just for saving and backing up the WIN CE SMARTPHONE OS. What we need is a crack for the Simlock and that should let us adjust the network settings for the phones. This should be pretty easy but we need to dump the core of the bootloader before it canbe cracked. Anyone tried this?

Guest neutrino

I tried it with a Swisscom Mobile SIM card. The phone displays "no service". Has anybody a working Mobile SIM card? Am I doing something wrong?

I did the same thing for an SPV in Switzerland. It turns out that the new operator connection signal appears but not phone connections can be made to and from the phone. Any ideas? :cry:

I was able to get my SPV purchased from Orange Switzerland to

work on a US network (T-mobile/voicestream)

Locks on fine and works but screen freezes after 2 hours and I

have to repeat entire process with power cable, battery and SIMs.

Ideas anyone?

i just wanna say THANK YOU. works with czech sim, as well as vodafone germany. you have to try it a couple times. the first 10 times it pop up the simlock code screen. then i tryed it to change simcards while the phone was searching for network access and it worked. again Thanks. keep me posted for the ultimated solution.

best. kkklaus

So can anyone say that they switched the SIM (as instructed :( and had their phone up and running for the whole day?

Am going abroad soon for a few weeks - that will be the ultimate test for this phone (and this solution). Though I will be v. pissed if it fails on me sometime during the day and I will have no connection untill I get to my charger. ermmm... I guess I'll just carry my charger with me lol :D