Mr Orange joins MoDaCo... Welcome!

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Mr Orange, welcome aboard. I’m assuming if your not in the UK you are France based?

If this is the case, why the change of heart from Orange France when 156 have had so many complaints related to support from Orange France on the SPV especially from the Business sector. :oops:

Also to the users of this forum…………. Didn’t you already know that 156 staff from Orange monitor this forum and have done for some time? Even to the point of creating users of the forum to help and listen to your problems?

So Orange has always been monitoring this and other forums so Mr Orange is making a difference only in the sense he is giving away his job title and making his support official. :)

156 Tech Customer Support was told it could be a disciplinary procedure for any Technical Orange staff supporting these forums. Hence staff not saying who they are. :cry:

I of course do not work or promote any of my views as an Orange point of view as I am not an Orange employee. However I know of 4 Orange Employees who are regular visitors to this forum and offer great advice and solutions even if it is not officially encouraged by Orange. :wink:

By the way, I have heard form an Orange employee that the release for the new SPV E200 will be mid October but he also said it was unlikely and it would most likely be December to hit the Xmas sales. :?:

Well done for all you 156 members of MoDaCo and other forums for giving us support when Orange didn’t. :wink:

Shame on you Orange for holding your Tech Staff back where their help was essential for the Orange phone. :oops:

Jedi

Mr Orange isn't based in France, we met him at the meet! He's just not UK specific! And it is well understood that the whole point of him being here is to provide an official Orange point of view to the forum.

Mr Orange, will you be able to give us the actual specs for the SPV C200? And what's in the pipeline after that? How far ahead do you make plans for new handsets? I'd love to know what we're going to be seeing in our handsets in a couple of year's time. Will Orange be looking to incorporate that laser keyboard thing in the future for example?

No I'm still here, just going through an official response to the questions that have already been posted.

I'll create a new topic to answer them.

Am I missing something? Or are we still waiting for this official response?

will you be able to give us the actual specs for the SPV C200?

Hey Coucou,

I have seen a test SPV E200 on trial with a friend. :wink:

It is the same as the E100 in size and design, but has built in camera (good news) has bluetooth in built and has wap 2 on it as well as MS media player 9. it has Windows Smartphone 2003 and is a dream of a phone. ;)

Orange have got it right with the SPV at last!

Now all we need is for Orange to support as much of the MS Smartphone 2003 OS (saving customers a premium rate call to MS), and VPN, then Orange will be the fore runners in the Tech race within the Mobile Industry.

This alone will bring a lot more of the business sector to Orange. 8)

Jedi