Mr Orange joins MoDaCo... Welcome!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I am very pleased to announce that we have a new forum member, 'Mr Orange'.

Mr Orange (aka Andy), is head of handset development for the Orange Group, and as such is responsible overall for the development of SPV (amongst other things).

Andy has joined the forum in an official capacity, and will be available to answer any questions related to SPV from an Orange perspective, and any other Orange GROUP related questions.

Please be aware that Andy is not part of Orange UK, and so cannot answer questions directly related to UK operations.

So please welcome Mr Orange, and go easy on him ;)

I think this is a huge step for MoDaCo today, and I personally am very pleased to have Mr Orange on board, you should be too! :)

P

How cool! An orange guy! ... naaaw! Supercool that they are willing to listen to their customers! Ya, supercool indeed :)

Respect on you! 8)

But where is the little guy? come out and say hello to the nice people :wink:

Guest kingdom master

hi mate and welcome,

will orange be providing a way of updating the current 2002 system to 2003 via an update? or will the current spv and e100 users be restricted to 2002?

second question, u may or may not know this but do u think we will see the mitac mio in the uk on orange?

third question, will orange start using xscale processors for there forth coming smartphones?

thanks for your time

kingdom

Guest morpheus2702

And next up:

4. What is the word on the 1.6 update?

5. What is the truth about the GPRS problem being to do with the handset, rather than the network?

6. How far ahead does the SPV roadmap go?

"]I am very pleased to announce that we have a new forum member, 'Mr Orange'.

Andy has joined the forum in an official capacity, and will be available to answer any questions related to SPV from an Orange perspective, and any other Orange GROUP related questions.

So please welcome Mr Orange, and go easy on him :D

Hello there Andy! Very nice of you to drop by! :lol:

I for one, promise to go easy on you - well, at least for the first couple of hours!! :wink:

Seriously tho - it's very good to see the recognition that MoDaCo has gotten from the mobile community at large. I don't think any of us would have gotten quite so much out of our beloved gadgets without this forum. And it's very good to see that Orange are looking & listening!

Good luck Mr. Orange - you'll need it! & by the way - I'm sure the first issue that will be brought up is the release date for 1.6. Not that I'm hassling you or anything!! :wink:

P.S. Is there going to be a seperate forum for 'Ask Mr Orange loads of dumb questions here'?? :) ;)

Guest Simon Desser
Is Andy REALLY the first Orange Employee on MoDaCo? I suspect there are a few more running about. :?
There's plenty of Orange employees on MoDaCo, but none in "AN OFFICIAL CAPACITY"

More importantly:-

Mr Orange (aka Andy), is head of handset development for the Orange Group, and as such is responsible overall for the development of SPV (amongst other things).

Guest Mr Orange

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I think this is going to be intresting.....

I've noticed that some of you have already asked some questions, however I'm currently out of the office as soon as I get back I'll be able to post some answers.

Guest Pagemakers

Please please give us an insight into the appalling GRPS connections problems we are experiencing connecting to the Orange network.

Is it the network or the phone? When will it be fixed properly?

Guest chucky.egg
HELP

after sycronizing the handset to the pc - we cannot download music or receive or send e-mails and also cannot download ring tones can any1 help plz

loulou...

Wrong forum really, but do a search. There are already answers to email setup after syncing with the desktop.

Post your music and ringtone question in "Help and Advice"

My personal question "hall of fame":

1) When will the 1.6 update be released (If now exact date i avail, then a guess)

1b) Some people, including me, think its stupid that u can't test drive the new update "Without being somebody important" ... Are you afraid that we wreck our phones? If so, its nothing that a huge disclaimer can't fix :wink:

2) Will there be a SP2003 update for the SPV and e100? free/payware?

3) Detailed SPV2 specs!! including estimated price ... (If you're allowed to of course! (which I doubt very much!))

3b) Is the SPV2 an "Orange exclusive"?

4) Please explain the much discussed "APP Lock", why was it implemented (Was concerns that we might get virueses really the reason?)

4b) Will SP2003 based devices use the "PROMPT" mode or will they also be 100% locked? (or unlocked?)

... and there a proberly many more that I can't remember right now. Thx in advance :)

crispy :

1b) Some people, including me, think its stupid that u can't test drive the new update "Without being somebody important" ... Are you afraid that we wreck our phones? If so, its nothing that a huge disclaimer can't fix  

Microsoft and other companies SELECT their primary testers, before releasing a beta into a disclaimered 'worldwide' release. I see this as Orange doing the same..

Maybe next time we should not have even told the forum what is happening?

Will

EDIT : I do not have a damn clue if and when this update will appear :)