Orange retail given stock information for MPx200 & E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mattscholey

If I upgrade paying the upgrade fees mcware has kindly posted, do I have to continue my contract for any longer. ie. will i still have to pay £15/month line rental after August next year. If so, for how long.

Also, whats the number for Orange Customer Relations?

Matt

Guest MrMagoo

I just phoned Orange today to cancel my monthly contract so I could get a new e200 - cos it seemed cheaper than an upgrade.

They asked why I was cancelling - cos it's cheaper to start again.

Can I put you through to Customer Services - ok

Do you want the phone for 49.99 and I can put you on 1 £15 tariff ? - um yes

Arriving Monday.... :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

They told me to cancel my contract and start again :?

otherwise they wanted £199 to upgrade, bloody pain as I like the number

I have at the moment :lol:

Guest Shuflie

I tried everything I could think of to try and get a discount on the E200 but it was no go, today is the last day of my contract too. Just decided to get the MPx200 and wait another year for the E200 or something better. Nevermind, I'm picking up the MPx200 tomorrow afternoon when the local orange shop opens at 1, at least they are putting it on charge overnight for me so that I can use it straight away.

Guest raiderz

I ordered my E200 upgrade on Wednesday 19th, asked £149.99 for one, when i said to the operator i wasn't happy about the price she said there wasn't anything she could do, other than offer a Nokia 7250 instead.

Since I ordered it, i've read about the tales of other ppl who getting discounts, so once i get my E200 on Monday i'm gonna ring them up and request to send phone back, under the 7 days return, and to terminate my contract and get code to port number over to O2 or 3 maybe, so we will see what happens.

Guest Shuflie

Picked up the MPx200 yesterday, was charged £29.95 to upgrade even though I had been told in another Orange shop that it would be a free upgrade. Called the other orange shop to complain and they said to go back in and ask for a refund, I did that and when the guy in the shop called the other shop to check with them it turned out that it really should be £29.95 to upgrade, that was the price on their latest matrix pricing plan. Bit s*** really but £30 isn't too much for such a nice phone, the price for contracts under £25 a month is 79.95 so if you are upgrading or buying in the next day or two shop around, you may be lucky enough to get the older price.

Incidently, I got an extra label in the box my MPx200 came in which identified the phone as

OMRN1176 MPx200 PAYG (the pay monthly code is ORMN1175)

Looks like the link that was given earlier to the MPx200 on PAYG wasn't a mistake on the Orange website.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.