Orange retail given stock information for MPx200 & E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Orange Retail (Orange Shops in the UK), have been given information with regards to the release of the MPx200 and the E200, and it makes for interesting reading.

Initial deliveries of the MPx200 to stores are expected WEDNESDAY 19th November, with E200s hitting stores on FRIDAY 21st November.

The initial shipment of MPx200s includes only 2500 units between 255 stores, so reserving one at your local Orange store would seem a good idea, especially when you take into account the price point!

There are no details available as to expected E200 stock levels.

The MPx200 will be only £29.99 on plans below £25 per month, and FREE on all other plans (this also applies to upgrades)

The SPV E200 will be £199.99 on low value plans, £149.99 on medium plans, and £99.99 on plans over £50 per month.

As ever, this information is subject to change without notice (as frequently happens within Orange Retail!), but this is the latest situation - we will update you of any changes if we hear them!

P

Update!

SPV E200 is to be available in December on Pay as you Go for £279.99!

Looks like Paul's correct, just rang the local Orange shop, they are expecting deliveries either Wednesday or Friday. £29.99 upgrade fee for tariffs below £25pm and FREE on anything above £25. COME ON!!

Guest Simon Desser
"]Initial deliveries of the MPx200 to stores are expected WEDNESDAY 19th November, with E200s hitting stores on FRIDAY 21st November.

Just spoke to my local store who read me out their memo, and they reckon it's the other way round, MPx200's on Friday, and E200's tomorrow :?:

They also said that there's supposed to be 2500 E200's as well :lol:

Nice price for pay as you go!! I hope by then there will be a Sim Unlocker for it so I can manage to have it delivered to Israel when family arrives in the end of December :shock:

So get a move on it Modaco experts!!! 8)

So i guess we wint be getting our hand on a pay as you E200 this month! :cry: i though i would have it this week.

cant wait till december...oh the wait is killing me...

"Z"

Guest Maverick
Nice price for pay as you go!! I hope by then there will be a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock for it so I can manage to have it delivered to Israel when family arrives in the end of December :shock: 

So get a move on it MoDaCo experts!!!  8)

O will presumably unlock PAYG E200 for a fee ?? (Normally its around £20 ).

Guest orangewinger

My local Orange shop (in Ealing) had some E200s in last week, I almost bought one on saturday until the guy realised half way through that they only had one left and it was reserved! I was gutted, I'm really desperate for an E200 now I no longer have my (work's) SPV!

Dave

Guest wheresalan

:?: Is there any news of when the E200 will be available on Orange's Online Shop :?:

To me, it seems that you get a better deal ordering online than you do from buying one in an Orange shop. Anybody agree with me?

Also it would be useful for people to post any great deals that they find for the E200 & MPx200. A years contract is a long time and we have to get it right now! :roll: But maybe in a different section eh?!? Else I'll get told off by Paul! :wink:

Cheers,

Al

---

Soon to be a E200 Owner! Come on! :lol:

I've just spoken to the Orange shop in brum. They're expecting stock on Friday. I think I've been allowed to reserve one. She said she'd put my name "on the list" whatever that means :?

Contract expires on Saturday. It could be the first early saturday morning I've seen for a while.. :wink:

Damn Paul, you beat me to it. Just to add though. The email we have states "The following three handsets may be launched this week, mpx200, e200 and v500"

Note the "may"....

I say this to ensure your not dissapointed if it doesnt get released this week, however i do beleive it is this week we're getting our delivery

Guest FrankyG
Does the low price of the MPx200 mean that orange wont be releasing a Windows Mobile 2003 SmartPhone rom????

- Either free or not

I wouldn't hold your breath for that. It was a nice idea, but I for one will be making my buying decision on the assumption that the Moto mpx200 will NOT be upgradable...which makes it a bit of a tricky call :roll:

Guest Schioett

Bit OT i think - please remove if it is :?

How much do you guys pay for getting the SIM-lock removed??

Here in denmark it is only allowed to bind people to the contract for six (6) months, so normally it costs an billion to get it unlocked.

The SPV E200 for example cost approx €425 with a contract (and SIM-lock) and over €930 without!! :shock:

So you have to pay €505 to get it SIM-unlocked within the first 6 months - We really have to get a "program" to remove the SIM-lock 8)

/Schioett

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.