New race game in the making.... Updated 01-01-2004

Guest ultimasnake

Guest Croccy22

I could rewrite it in c++ in a few mins but unfortuanately at the moment I am already working on too much for my brain to cope.

You might want to try looking into using gapidraw though if you are considering writing games for the smartphone. will make things much easier for you :)

Matt

Guest ultimasnake

Croccy22 if you got time.. mind at least helping me with a little Gapidraw example? the ones i found on a site are missing files etc etc

Guest Croccy22

Pretty simple to use reallly, just a pain to set up in the first place. You need to install embedded visual c++. then the Smartphone SDK. then install gapidraw.

There are some example in gapidraw that are easy to pull apaprt and see what is happening.

Sometimes you will have a problem with finding a file called afxres.h If you get this just do a search on your pc for newres.h and copy one of the ones from the smartphone examples and rename it to afxres.h. this needs to be copied into the smartphone include directory in program files/windos ce tools/../../include

it is really easy to do though. i normally start a project by making a copy of the sample project called minimal. then just strip it back to a bare project. Then you have a section where you can decalre variables for use as sprites etc. A section for creating surfaces (loading an image as a sprite). and then the processnextframe loop which is the main loop that gets run every frame.

Then you just need to look at the documentation and get used to the gapidraw command set which is very flexible.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Matt

Guest www.msmobiles.com

some remarks:

-- looks nice but...

-- it is bad that I have too keep "1" all the time to keep it going, make it easier!

-- no detection of collisions - I can drive over other cars with nothing happening!

could you improve it?

Guest ultimasnake

well pressing 1 makes you accelarate, up arrow can't be used since you will slow down once you steer etc etc (that sucks)....

i did manage to make collision detection already though, i am working on another game (better game value)..... also i am helping Exo out with SpvQuake too.. and i really like doing that :)

Guest midnight

holding '1' to acelerate isnt too difficult, thats the normal way of doing any racing game, when you accelerate a car you dont press the pedal then take your foot off do you :)

the main gameplay/challenge of this game is the acceleration and shifting of the gear to accelerate as quick as possible, it isnt about drifting around tight corners like other racing games.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
nice my game made a site's news ... http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1927.html too bad they dont even seem to credit me in any part or at least my site... :)

Just say what "credit" you want, and I will add this text. Send me this text over email or webform here. No problem at all! Simply the practice is to link to modaco, because many developers who publish at modaco don't have their own websites...

Guest www.msmobiles.com
I think that he just means that it would be nice, if you wrote that the game was coded by ultimasnake

OK, I added the text - you can check if you are satisfied!

Guest ultimasnake
Great game! Shame I don't have WM2003 though  Quite cool that it runs on my PC though  

Andy

well i always have problems running them on the pc... the graphics are all badword up.... really really badword up :S... (like they are 150% big)....

to www.msmobiles.com

Yeah that is nice.. a link to my nice smartphone dedicated site would be nice too.. but this is always a good thing , i rather dislike it if i (or my site) doesnt get named on some sites (some even try to take the credit of my program)

Guest ultimasnake

well yeah i could but that would take a while to convert back to an older language (as i said many times in this post :roll: )

but first things first , i just had a systemwide crash and might have lost the entire game (not toooo much but still) and allot more allong with it. i might start looking into Evc++ and maybe make an even greater race game , i saw the demand of a Gta kinda game on the smartphone , who knows i might be trying that out... i would love that kind of game...

any help would be nice though :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ultimasnake

If you read this thread you might have seen , I have trouble getting it to the 2002 because of the lac of knowledge with c++ .. i am sorry , the project is also on a hold because i am working on something the smartphone range needs even more (more info on that later this month :lol:)

Guest justafeind

hello any body know when the updated version will be avalible and there will be another racer and will have collisions????????? ?????????? ??????????? ??????????? :shock: :?:

Guest ultimasnake

Oh my people just can't read can they... on one of the first posts i tell people it's only for smartphone 2003 and people ask why its not for smartphone 2003....

then i post the game is on a hold for a while , and some one asks when a new version will be released

is the forums iq dropping here? :|