New race game in the making.... Updated 01-01-2004

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake
For latest version check below

I just started programming in C# (hard to get used to as an vb.net programmer)....

and just started on a Drag race game.... like Nfsu has... shifting etc etc...... it's still a very early beta but just wanted to let you guys know something nice is comming :).....

its simply just the car that works and the level , no collision detection or whatsoever.. and the level doesnt end at all.. i am just curious what you think of it.

Keys :

Stick left = steer left

Stick right = steer right

Stick up = shift up

Stick down= shift down

1 = accelerate

4 = brake

This game works on Smarthphones with Wm2003 (like the e200)...

Also this is a little "cry" for help , i'm not very good at graphics and have stolen some from Gta at the moment , though if someone is willing to help mewith this i will be very happy :D.

Highspeed.zip

game.jpg

Guest kingdom master

cool stuff, how bout making a driver type game outta this, with gprs play. as f1 has on the gx10i, u upload ur play to a server and u race agaisnt ghost drivers.

Guest midnight

kingdom master, that sounds more like our racer :)

i was considering helping you out with the gfx on this game using my old gfx for our racing game, but, i think we'll go ahead with that racing game once kumite is about to be released. If i was you, cos its a drag racuing game, i'd go for a nighttime look, lots of neon etc :D

Guest NederSoren

Ahh I love Racers!! Can't wait to see some of the racers that is in development atm in action :) (besides the one i have seen, thats looks very cool :( but you must wait and see guys :D)

Ahhmm.. Why is this game gunne be for e200, when you are writing in C+? That was what you were writing in, right? And is it me being stupid, or shouldn't this form of code also work on SP2002 OS'? and vb.net is for 2003 only? or am i wrong?

Well.. Looks gut mate, i love the drag racing in NFSu, it just rocks :lol:

Keep up the good work, and pleace make this compitaple with the 2002 OS :)

/Neder

Guest ultimasnake

the reason why i am writing it in c# is because i am more into the .net language. if some could show me how to do graphical stuf in c++ i might consider it. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Scarfman007

I'm not asking for an essay or anything - but what is 'the .net language'?

I've only really had much experiance with C++ and Java on desktop PCs, heard bad stuff about vb, but that's from my Linux-guru friend. Also I never really looked into .net because I wanted to keep my code cross-platform (as much as possble with C++ anyway).

I heard C# was MS's copy of Java, what's the difference between a .net C++ program, C++ program and a C#.net program?

Sorry for all the questions - just curious! Just an idea - if the difference (C#, C++) isn't that great maybe you could get someone who is familiar with both to make a SP2002 version from your code.

Cheers,

Scarfman

Guest ultimasnake

well to keep it short C# is C++ with .net architecture ..... and its not java for ms.. that will be Java.net :D... anyway..... dont ask to much in this post. i want to keep it related to the game :).....

Guest gnagis

hey ultima... giv me tha source and i can convert it to c++ maybe.. me and my friend are studing it in school right now.. so maybe wee can do it :)

Guest NederSoren

er hehe.. dont you have to be pretty experienced in a language like c++ to convert anything? I've had a couple of hours learning C once, and now, about a year after, i remember noffin at all :-

/N

Guest ultimasnake

well C# is C++'s new big brother :)... so that wont be hard ... but its like a step back instead of forward which means you cant use most of the "new" things you are using in C# that is an hard thing if you dont know how to do it the old way :roll:

Guest ultimasnake
I'd love to try this game on my qtek 7070.  

looking forward to someone converting it to c++

i am willing to share my source with anybody who helps me convert it... its a Freeware project so no profit is made by me.....(though i hope no one will abuse my open source then)

Guest MoRFLeZ

This is gonna sound really silly *cough cough*!

But when you make an update, you should really post it in the original first post *innocent blink*! That way it's really a lot easier to keep track of what's new and what's not! A lot easier for freeware hunters like myself anyways *cackle*!

Game looks great ... wish I had an E200 to test it...

Guest gnagis

yes.. but the thing is.. wee are 4 students with 2 teashers and they are wack on c++ and c so i think they can help us enough to get this thing working