Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest scrattyrat

Hi - its been a long time since i checked back on this thread & 1st i'd like to say WOW, youve really added A LOT of new functionality to this app and made it a lot more usable. I now have it running on my wm5 sp5m and love the screensaver & BT headset unlocking ability!!

I have however noticed one problem though: often when i turn my device on & off all of my power management settings are changed.

Initially i have:

Backlight on Battery - 15s

Backlight timeout on AC - never

Display Timeout - 1min

After installing this app & warmbooting the phone these settings get changed to:

Backlight on Battery - never

Backlight timeout on AC - 1min

Display Timeout - never

not such a major problem now i know, as i dont often reset the device, but a little annoying. Just thought i'd report this to you. Thanks for all your continued effort with this great app, keeps getting better & better.

Edited by scrattyrat

Guest roma0803

Does this warm boot have something to do with TomTom and/or other software? I also reboot my phone regular but never encountered this problem (I also use Keylock). Only TomTom sometimes fails to put the powersettings back to the original state.

Guest scrattyrat

Hi Roma0803 - no i have not moved tomtom onto my new device yet so it cant be that (still waiting for my new activation code). Im pretty sure i dont have any other S/W that alters the power mgt settings.

Am just doing some more tests now as i did a warmboot a minute ago and it hadnt changed the settings, so it doesnt seem to do it under some set of conditions. trying to find out now.

**ok - it seems to have something to do with the 'keep backlight on whilst charging' option which i have turned on. If i unplug it the phone & warmboot immediatley the power mgt settings changed as described above. If i leave it for the screensaver etc to kick in they change back to the original configuration.

Not sure how the app works exactly but it seems to alter the power mgt settings as you change states (ie put on charge, remove from charge etc), if i warmboot before the settings have been reverted after unplugging from charge they seem to get 'stuck'. Does that make sense?**

Edited by scrattyrat

Guest roma0803

Hmm.. still not recognize the problem, but gonna play a bit with the settings you mentioned and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Edit:

You DO use the latest version, v3.16, don't you?

Tried a variaty of settings to reproduce your problem, but it doesn't come up. Maybe an uninstall, including the registry settings, and a new install with the latest build solve your issue as it seems not something like a bug in the software to me.

Edited by roma0803

Guest kfischer
I have however noticed one problem though: often when i turn my device on & off all of my power management settings are changed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I "think" this happens with mine when I turn the phone off while it is in the car kit. Otherwise it seems to be fine.

Hi All,

I must just say thank you for a very good Program.

I am getting the old bug back again when You have recived a Text Message/E-Mail and Read it I have noticed that it still says that you have got 1 Message on the Screen saver.

I have only notice this a few days ago. I have been using the Updated version since it went on the website.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am using the New Version of Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices version 3.16

Many Thanks for any Info

Guest maniac103
Hi - its been a long time since i checked back on this thread & 1st i'd like to say WOW, youve really added A LOT of new functionality to this app and made it a lot more usable. I now have it running on my wm5 sp5m and love the screensaver & BT headset unlocking ability!!

Initially i have:

Backlight on Battery - 15s

Backlight timeout on AC - never

Display Timeout - 1min

After installing this app & warmbooting the phone these settings get changed to:

Backlight on Battery - never

Backlight timeout on AC - 1min

Display Timeout - never

not such a major problem now i know, as i dont often reset the device, but a little annoying. Just thought i'd report this to you. Thanks for all your continued effort with this great app, keeps getting better & better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I am aware of that problem that the setting change is not power-off-aware. I will do an update ASAP.

Hi All,

I must just say thank you for a very good Program.

I am getting the old bug back again when You have recived a Text Message/E-Mail and Read it I have noticed that it still says that you have got 1 Message on the Screen saver.

I have only notice this a few days ago. I have been using the Updated version since it went on the website.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am using the New Version of Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices version 3.16

Many Thanks for any Info

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The counter is now cleared by a double press onto the "hangup" button.

Guest maniac103
It doesn't work on my Qtek 8310. It says the program can't be installed due to the inssuficient system permissions. Can it be done something ?

Thank You !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes I wish you would just read the thread :)

Have a look here and here (both from this thread).

Edited by maniac103

• 4 weeks later...

Hi maniac103,

Just installed this app yesterday on my C600. Its been working great.

I have noticed today that after i had a missed call and a voicemail the screen saver didn't work correctly. The screen saver came on, then went off a minute or two later and stayed off. The backlight did however stay on, btw the keypad as locked.

After rebooting the phone every thing seems fine. It might just have been a WM5 problem, but i thought i should mention it.

BTW CPS is great. I have paid for tinyGPS from psilocand no longer use it, your app is so much easier to use, it is more relieable and supoorts WM5. I have noticed a slight similarity for the app icon. Is it your icon or theirs?

Pete

I just upgraded CPS to v1.86 from v1.81 and noticed that AutoKeyLock was not showing updated CPS info. It would show the cell info from when the phone first booted and CPS was started. I don't know if it's a problem with CPS not properly updating itself or AutoKeyLock not grabbing the updated info. I'm running v3.22 of AutoKeyLock.

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac103,

Just installed this app yesterday on my C600. Its been working great.

I have noticed today that after i had a missed call and a voicemail the screen saver didn't work correctly. The screen saver came on, then went off a minute or two later and stayed off. The backlight did however stay on, btw the keypad as locked.

After rebooting the phone every thing seems fine. It might just have been a WM5 problem, but i thought i should mention it.

Hmm, did this happen once or often?

BTW CPS is great. I have paid for tinyGPS from psilocand no longer use it, your app is so much easier to use, it is more relieable and supoorts WM5. I have noticed a slight similarity for the app icon. Is it your icon or theirs?
To be honest, it's almost the same icon. This will be changed in the near future.

As I didn't expect CPS to be that "successful", I didn't expect that to be a problem.

Does anybody have an icon ready? ;)

I just upgraded CPS to v1.86 from v1.81 and noticed that AutoKeyLock was not showing updated CPS info.  It would show the cell info from when the phone first booted and CPS was started.  I don't know if it's a problem with CPS not properly updating itself or AutoKeyLock not grabbing the updated info.  I'm running v3.22 of AutoKeyLock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I received such a report already, and do not really know what is going wrong here. I have a suspicion, but am not sure. The fix will be in the upcoming 3.3 (only 4 out of 13 translations are missing).

I tried to install it on a Qtek8310

I get the error message 'Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permission'

Any ideas ?

Sorry... found the answer. Just have to learn have to read :-)

DOE!

Edited by dorow

Guest roma0803
Sorry... found the answer. Just have to learn have to read :-)

DOE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess you just did ;)

Doei.

Edited by roma0803

Hi Maniac,

A few requests:

1 - Is it possible to allow bigger fonts in the next release. It would be better to manually enter the fontsize instead of choosing form predefined sizes.

2 - Also a bold font would be appreciated.

3 - Is there a way to manually launch the sreensaver by a keypress (volumedown?).

Thanks in advance.

Guest maniac103
1 - Is it possible to allow bigger fonts in the next release. It would be better to manually enter the fontsize instead of choosing form predefined sizes.

Which sizes do you want?

I find it rather onconvinient to enter the font sizes "by hand". But I surely can add some sizes.

The problem is that if I implemented a bold font, somebody would want an italic font and the third wants to have it underlined. But I don't know how to add this to the config tool. Do you have any suggestions how to add this so it isn't too complicated to the first time user?

3 - Is there a way to manually launch the sreensaver by a keypress (volumedown?).

No, not at the moment. But if you have some programming experience, you can write a program which starts it manually. All the program must do is this:

SendMessage(FindWindow(_T("AutoKeylockWindow"), NULL), WM_USER+0x100, 0, 2);

BTW: I have released V3.3 which includes a status line in the screen saver a minute ago. I have cleaned up the registry settings, so you'll have to reenter you settings once. Please answer "no" when asked for preserving the settings upon uninstallation of the old version.

Edited by maniac103

Hi there, the 2 progs u made are wonderrous and it'll really be heaven if both progs can work together seamlessly.. Qns though: does your v3.3 apply to WM2003? the one i downloaded from your site (english version) is still in v3.18 and it kept showing CPS: Not Running.. Pls advise.

I tried to install this application on my phone (QTEK 8310 - WM5), but i can't.

I first run the regeditSTG to change the registry keys, but my regedit don't show them.

All of you changed the registry keys?

Thanks

Hi Maniac,

I have tried to Instal the New version of Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices from your website and I get this Error Message when I try and instal it:

Info

Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

I have still got the old version on my phone 3.22 So I know that it has been unlocked from SPV Application Unlock

Many Thanks for your help / Information

Small sizes extra: 24, 36 (or 25, 35)

Big sizes extra: 110, 120, 130 (I don't know the max size for the clock on QVGA screens).

A checkbox right after or below the fontselection would be nice.

Or make the selectionbox smaller, and the new checkbox beside it.

Can't you make a new entry on the right softkey (options) named "Test" to launch the screensaver?

BTW: I have released V3.3 which includes a status line in the screen saver a minute ago.  I have cleaned up the registry settings, so you'll have to reenter you settings once. Please answer "no" when asked for preserving the settings upon uninstallation of the old version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just installed the new version. Could you explain what the status line displays.

"B" displays the battery-charge-level I think.

The name of the current profile is shown.

But I can't figure out what the "S" means.

By the way, I had set the notifications-fontsize to 30 pixels, and in the new status line the profilename got truncated and nothing moved to the next line.

It just displayed "S: 100% / B: 61% /"

I also think you could better use another separator-character.

The "-" would be better, or for every item a new line with the full description.

Guest maniac103
Just installed the new version. Could you explain what the status line displays.

"B" displays the battery-charge-level I think.

The name of the current profile is shown.

But I can't figure out what the "S" means.

Signal Level

By the way, I had set the notifications-fontsize to 30 pixels, and in the new status line the profilename got truncated and nothing moved to the next line.

It just displayed "S: 100% / B: 61% /"

The next version will make it configurable separately.

I also think you could better use another separator-character.

The "-" would be better, or for every item a new line with the full description.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the next version I will use "-"...I can't make a separate line for every item due to space problems ;)