Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103

Hi,

for those of you who miss an automatic keylock on the WM2003 devices, I have a solution :D

The CAB file attached installs an automatic keylocker developed by me. There are several options:

- You can select the keylock timeout, configured seperately for applications and homescreen.

- You can select to enable automatic keylock only when on homescreen.

- You can exclude applications from the automatic keylock. There are 2 modes for that:

Simple mode: IE (but not the favorites window), WMP, BetaPlayer, Camera application for HTC devices are excludeable

Advanced mode: You can define your own list of applications by listing the executables

- You can select to disable automatic keylock when in headset or car profile or when charging.

- The phone can automatically be unlocked when switching to headset or car profile or when charging begins (but only if it was automatically locked before).

- The backlight can be turned always on when in car profile or when charging.

- A screen saver activated together with the keylock can be enabled which shows a clock and missed calls and messages.

There are English, French and German versions of this tool.

Attached is a screenshot of the configuration app.

EDIT: The program is now no longer attached to this post, but hosted on the web. Many thanks go to Hobo of sda-forum.de for providing the webspace. :D

Please visit the home page for infos & download.

Have a lot of fun :D

post-117679-1119523701_thumb.jpg

Edited by maniac103

Great piece of software, it's about time someone wrote something like this!

Could the following be added:

* A second timeout for if you're in a program (but excluding the start menu or in the contacts app)

* When a phone call is received, the program should check to see if the keys are locked. If so, it sets a flag. At the end of the call, the program checks for the flag and if it's set, it reinstates the keylock

Thanks!

Guest maniac103
Great piece of software, it's about time someone wrote something like this!

Could the following be added:

* A second timeout for if you're in a program (but excluding the start menu or in the contacts app)

* When a phone call is received, the program should check to see if the keys are locked.  If so, it sets a flag.  At the end of the call, the program checks for the flag and if it's set, it reinstates the keylock

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These two are a bit problematic. The second one is impossible, I guess, because there is no API to get the keylock status. Even enabling the keylock is not done via an API function, but via a Windows hotkey message.

The first one is not so easy, too. I don't know how I should synchronize these two timers at the moment. But I'll think about that ;)

These two are a bit problematic. The second one is impossible, I guess, because there is no API to get the keylock status. Even enabling the keylock is not done via an API function, but via a Windows hotkey message.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a real shame although really it's something that should be handles natively by the OS. I wonder if it might be fixed in the next release?

The first one is not so easy, too. I don't know how I should synchronize these two timers at the moment. But I'll think about that ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know how your software works but I imagine it counts down to the timeout, then checks to see if you're in one of the programs that you've excluded in the options and if not, enables the keylock. Could a second countdown not be initiated after this check (unless say you're in the start menu/contacts app in which case the keylock would be enabled at that point)?

Guest maniac103
That's a real shame although really it's something that should be handles natively by the OS. I wonder if it might be fixed in the next release?

I wonder about that, too ;)

But that won't help us very much at this point...

I don't know how your software works but I imagine it counts down to the timeout, then checks to see if you're in one of the programs that you've excluded in the options and if not, enables the keylock.  Could a second countdown not be initiated after this check (unless say you're in the start menu/contacts app in which case the keylock would be enabled at that point)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost right :D I set a timer via SetTimer and wait for the occurence of that timer...you're right, I could do this the way you suggested. But I have to think about how to synchronize a second timer with the exclude list.

Would that be senseful:

- At the first timeout, I look for the excludes - If one of these programs is active, I do nothing.

- If this is not the case and the foreground app is not the start menu nor the desktop window, I start the scond timer.

- At timeout of the second timer, I enable the keylock.

Guest jackofall

Thanks for this

Hopefully this will stop me accidently ringing people when my phone was in my pocket it would have got me in trouble sooner or later ;)

Would that be senseful:

- At the first timeout, I look for the excludes - If one of these programs is active, I do nothing.

- If this is not the case and the foreground app is not the start menu nor the desktop window, I start the scond timer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be perfect!

Guest maniac103
Would that be senseful:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done in Version 1.5 which is attached...the config app is updated accordingly. Note that the "home screen only" option overrides the application timeout, so the value set there is irrelevant if the "home screen only" option is set.

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103

Here is another release which fixes a few bugs introduced in the last version...

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest furby

Discovered today that holding the end call key locks the keypad and then a much better way comes along. Great App, something that's definately missing from wm2003.

This is brilliant! The only enhancement I would suggest is for the keylock to be enabled after the first count (not the second) if a number has been pressed so the phone is on the dial screen. If you put the phone in your pocket, it's very easy to hit a number and it would be good if it didn't have to wait for the second count to complete...

Guest maniac103
This is brilliant!  The only enhancement I would suggest is for the keylock to be enabled after the first count (not the second) if a number has been pressed so the phone is on the dial screen.  If you put the phone in your pocket, it's very easy to hit a number and it would be good if it didn't have to wait for the second count to complete...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you're right. Implemented in version 1.52 - which is attached ;)

Another new thing is that the exclusion of the headset profile now applies to both headset and car profile.

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one :D

Edited by maniac103

Guest gunalkanna

Great App !!! thanks a lot for your efforts...

An App I have been hoping someone will develop at some point !!!

A bit Off-topic here, but can I suggest if it is possible to develop a small utility that can Turn-on Bluetooth when run...

reason being, to enable bluetooth , I need to make a minimum of 4 or 5 key presses..

where as if an app can turn it on, I can assign it to a speed dial and switch it on using 1 key press ;)

Cheers !

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Great App !!! thanks a lot for your efforts...

An App I have been hoping someone will develop at some point !!!

A bit Off-topic here, but can I suggest if it is possible to develop a small utility that can Turn-on Bluetooth when run...

reason being, to enable bluetooth , I need to make a minimum of 4 or 5 key presses..

where as if an app can turn it on, I can assign it to a speed dial and switch it on using 1 key press ;)

Cheers !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BT Toggle App by MrMagoo

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=99493&hl=Bluetooth

Guest ayanGR

Versions up to 1.51 worked great, version 1.52 gives an 'Error creating Keyboard hook. Program is closed'.

Edited by ayanGR

Guest cosmoOo

Is it possible to make the program unlock the keypad when in handfree mode. Do my understanding it now only prevents locking if you are in handsfree mode.

I want this because if you use a bluetooth headset you cannot call using voice tags when the keypad is locked, this is a feature not a bug according to orange.

So if your program unlocks the keypad when I initiate a call with my headset maybe I can call without taking the phone out of my pocket. If the voice recognizhen program is started it can lock the keypad again, otherwise maybe some keys get pressed in if the phone remains in my pocket.

Guest Marketer

I Just downloaded the 1.52 version and when I tick enable and then ok the below message appears and offcourse the keylock does not work:(

'ERROR CREATING KEYBOARD HOOK. PROGRAM IS CLOSED"

the same happens also with version 1.51 and 1.41 ;)

Edited by Marketer

Guest maniac103
I Just downloaded the 1.52 version and when I tick enable and then ok the below message appears and offcourse the keylock does not work:(

'ERROR CREATING KEYBOARD HOOK. PROGRAM IS CLOSED"

the same happens also with version 1.51 and 1.41 :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have some other software installed which could have a keyboard hook installed? Or - generally - which software do you have installed? There is no documentation about how many (low level) keyboard hooks can be installed on smartphones, but it seems to me that there can only be one keyboard hook at the same time.

Is it possible to make the program unlock the keypad when in handfree mode. Do my understanding it now only prevents locking if you are in handsfree mode.

I want this because if you use a bluetooth headset you cannot call using voice tags when the keypad is locked, this is a feature not a bug according to orange.

Erm, no. The reason for this is that the keylock can be very useful even in handsfree mode - for example if you listen to MP3 music and have the phone in your pocket ;)

So those people who use it in car disable the keylock once and that's all about it.