Ebuyer wifi card

Guest 6thElement

Guest Dade
Are you sure its 6-8mm longer? :roll:  :)

That 256Mb SD looks like someone chewed on it!

Paul has been using one of these for ages, I know he said that he has had no issues at all with it. He also said 6mm longer.

Guest bobbyb
hi all i've just bought one of these cards but how do i set it up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's ok i've done it. wicked little thing!

Guest zippy172
Ebuyer sell products made by the company i work for. i speak to maybe 10 customers a day who have had nothing but problems with Ebuyer. i rarely speak to anyone who has anything good to say about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, in fairness you've not spoken to many a happy eBuyer customer by the sounds of it. I've spent (through my company) the better part of 45 grand in the last 18 months with them... Sure, their CS is almost as good as Orange CS, but, businesses buying bucket loads of kit from them are far more in a position to say they are as good as any other IT supplier. Joe Public will almost certainly have a narrower view because of their lower frequency to use the supplier.

Only bad comments I've heard about ebuyer are when people have ordered items that aren't in stock. They sometimes have a tendancy to not re-stock some lines it would seem. That said, the person who made that comment did a few years ago now. And I've had the same problem with Novatech - so it's not like they're any worse - just suffer from the same problems I guess...

As for the wifi card - looks nice - tempted to get one myself now, although my surfing through my PC over bluetooth is fine for my needs - certainly good enough for me to sit in the living room and browse webpages, check e-mail and use MSN :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 6thElement

I've got my Safecom card now from Ebuyer and it's working fine with my Netgear router using WPA-PSK :)

Edited by 6thElement

Guest psionandy

I've just got one.. worked first time out of the box with the supplied drivers.. I was quite disapointed. I thought I'd have days of 'entertainment' trying to get it to work :)

Guest sleighty
I've just got one.. worked first time out of the box with the supplied drivers.. I was quite disapointed. I thought I'd have days of 'entertainment' trying to get it to work :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got mine yesterday..... up and running in five minutes - no problems ;)

Almost can't belive its so cheap and WORKS!!!

Guest sleighty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest sleighty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest sleighty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the multiple posts - laptop and wifi not so reliable!!

Edited by sleighty

Guest Confused Stu

I bought a Spectec SD Wifi card from e-bay last week. It only sticks out about three or four mm from the top of the slot on the M500. I ran the installation CD on the PC before I got the phone, synced it up with I got it, then stuck the card in and it picked up next door's unsecured network in about 3 seconds! It took another minute or two to alter my security to allow it's MAC address on, but since then it's been great.

It even seems to have a little more range than the built in WiFi on my laptop! Freaky! Not bad for £45 IMHO. :)

(Just tried to give a link to the ebay shop selling them, but he's not listing them now. You can still buy for that price from a company in the far east, but don't know if you'll get stung with tax or not. Your choice!)

Guest hbfair

My eBuyer wi-fi card is on it's way! :)

Regarding eBuyer: before I registered with them I had no spam getting into my inbox; after registering (in Feb to get a flat screen monitor) I get about five spam mails a week. I can't say that eBuyer themselves have sold on my details, and it could even be a meaningless coincidence, but my current guesses are that they've either got a dodgy character working for them or their customer data's been compromised. Having said that I always order from them now because of the prices - the spammers have already got my address after all. :x

Guest Cymruan

Ok I should be getting an M500 next monday, I want to wifi it up so will be

getting this from ebuyer. Just wondering (prob being really simple here)

what do I need to connect to my pc, will just a wifi dongle be enough or

would I need a wireless adsl modem/router/access point etc? As i've only

got one computer i want on the internet dont really need to make a ALN or

anything, just want to connect my pc to an M500 for as cheap as possible.

Guest vijay555

Cheapest solution would be a bluetooth network. Works fine.

I've got this card. Don't know about a wifi dongle - I think you need a router, a dongle will connect to another wifi station I think. Can't help you there.

I would recommend a wifi adsl modem/router. That way you can browse the net etc thru the phone without the PC being on. Saves on electricity! About £40 tho?

V

Can anyone confirm that this card works with the Orange M500 in the UK?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, got mine today was working in seconds. even slightyl better than my pc's wifi card :shock: