Ebuyer wifi card

Guest 6thElement

Guest thereaperman

got one the other day, works fine on my mda compact. much better than the last one i had(i lost it , doh!). good for the money also. alot more compact than my last one and seems to run better.

using with the client form www.orb.com and been watching files on the wifi from home 8)

If only the Jam had a CF port - hate that about my Jam, got a 2gb CF card and a 1GB sd card! Would be nice to wifi stuff from the network onto my CF

Guest MitchellO
If only the Jam had a CF port - hate that about my Jam, got a 2gb CF card and a 1GB sd card! Would be nice to wifi stuff from the network onto my CF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here here!

Guest cyrilthefish

can't find a ruler anywhere but looks about 6-8mm longer than a SD card

this pic should give you an idea of how small it is:

(and before anyone asks, that is selotape holding the 256mb card together :shock: )

post-1435-1120054165_thumb.jpg

i wouldn't buy from Ebuyer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why not? i know their after-sales is pretty poor, but i've never had any problems with any kit from them.

Guest MitchellO
can't find a ruler anywhere but looks about 6-8mm longer than a SD card

this pic should give you an idea of how small it is:

(and before anyone asks, that is selotape holding the 256mb card together  :shock: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure its 6-8mm longer? :roll: :)

That 256Mb SD looks like someone chewed on it!

Guest confused and hungover
Just for the record I've purchased loads from Ebuyer, never had any problems. Not one. Oh no.

:exclaim:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ebuyer sell products made by the company i work for. i speak to maybe 10 customers a day who have had nothing but problems with Ebuyer. i rarely speak to anyone who has anything good to say about them.

Guest MitchellO
i rarely speak to anyone who has anything good to say about them.

Thats cause most of the time people call when they have a problem, not to chat about how good they are :)

Guest Charlie Mouse

Just for the record, I only ever use Ebuyer and have never had a problem with them. They are the only people I recommend now.

Guest Kermit75

I've never had a problem with any e-buyer products. RMA have been handled fine - occasionally get delays because I go for the cheapest postage, which means they don't pack the items til the day before delivery, and sometimes they have been out of stock so have to change the item, but that is what I expect when having a long delivery time.

The own brand products are cheap, but all of them have been the level I expect from 'cheap as chips' brands.

I've known other companies with worse service records for the same products, but are more expensive, so I generally go to ebuyer for the price, and if unsure of a product then I go for a branded one.

Got a Dnyamode ADSL wireless router, and it was about £10 cheaper than any where else I could find it.

Guest tsutton

Ditto on Ebuyer comment... been using them since they opened, had a few problem like everyone, but they resolved it quickly and left me happy with warm fuzzy feeling inside me. :)

Guest Metoo
Ebuyer sell products made by the company i work for. i speak to maybe 10 customers a day who have had nothing but problems with Ebuyer. i rarely speak to anyone who has anything good to say about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've ordered loads of stuff from them over the years and never had to return anything. If so many complaints are ending up on your desk, maybe you need look at the quality of stuff you are supplying :)

Guest mupwangle

I've spent nearly £1000 over the last year or so at ebuyer and I really can't complain. I am a bit pissed off that they got rid of their CS phone line, but they've really not been too bad via email. The most recent issue i had was that I bought memory for an apple powerbook (crucial) that the company(crucial) turned round and admitted there was a compatibilty issue. I sent the chips back to ebuyer (bearing in mind they never claimed compatibility with that machine) and they refunded me wothout question. The only other problem I had was caused by their couriers which was eventually sorted. I have no hesitation recommending them to people. One thing that seems to catch people out is their own value brand - they will send whatever happens to be in stock, Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Unfortunately you don't know in advance. their prices beat the crap out of everyone on the market for branded kit though.

As I said - I wouldn't have any doubts recommending them.

Guest tsutton
I am a bit pissed off that they got rid of their CS phone line,

Indeed and it's back now, but only query on existing order. No support at all. But hey it's better than nothing.

Guest Metoo
Indeed and it's back now, but only query on existing order. No support at all. But hey it's better than nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but if they had to run a call centre, the prices would go up. On the plus side, one of the best features of ebuyer are the customer reviews - use those to find out what stuff is crap and what is a good value, and your won't go far wrong. To get back on topic, might be worth commenting on the WiFi card Jam compatability on there for future punters?

Edited by Metoo

Guest ClintEastman
To get back on topic, might be worth commenting on the WiFi card Jam compatability on there for future punters?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be interested in some more info on that too please. :)

Guest duncan888

I got one of these cards last week and its a great little card. Although the blue LED kept constantly flashing even though I wasnt accessing anything on the network. A new set of drivers sorted that.

Signal is great, works perfectly on my Imate Jam and Belkin Pre-N router.

Guest thereaperman
I got one of these cards last week and its a great little card.  Although the blue LED kept constantly flashing even though I wasnt accessing anything on the network.  A new set of drivers sorted that.

Signal is great, works perfectly on my Imate Jam and Belkin Pre-N router.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good to hear you got it working fine now :)

Guest MitchellO

I'd love to get one of these. I am so afraid of breaking my Sandisk WiFi off when walking with the card in. It just sticks out and says "Look at me!! Out here all by myself....."

Guest bill door

Got one of these last friday- works out at about £26 inc VAT and del in the UK. I must say I have been impressed with it. It's a Safecom card and although the Jam tells me the drivers were designed for a previous version of the OS, I've had no problems. It picks up signals pretty well too. I've been surfing on a local unencrypted wifi connection without problems with a signal strength of only 4%. Which is nice. I completely recommend this- most other wifi sd cards cost around £50.