Using the Right Soft Key tweak? You need this!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chucky.egg

When I first did this (some time ago now) I had problems with it opening the last used Messaging account.

With mine I found that it was because I had used the FriendlyName tweak to change the name of the SMS Inbox from "Inbox" to "SMS"

@encece

Have you changed the Display/Friendly Name of your SMS account? What does it call your SMS account when you look at the list of Messaging accounts?

What's the replacement for \Storage on WM5 devices? I can modify the CAB to save to there, but I dont have a WM5 device to test with

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest nickcornaglia

I never messed with the friendly name but it's not called SMS, it's called Text Messaging. Maybe that's the problem?

Application Data and subfolders is at the root now. There is no Storage or ISPM.

Thanks.

Guest HerpezP

Maybe I should add that my SMS inbox is called "SMS-meddelelser" in the inbox listing.

When installing the cab file the open value is set to \Storage\Program Files\SDC rSoft\rSoft.300, but I can't find this folder (maybe it's hidden?). There's a folder called rSoft, though.

Anyway, I tried to uninstall the cab file (both the the old and the Danish version, because I forgot to uninstall when I installed the Danish verison :D) and changed the open value manually to \Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS-Meddelelser" -to "" -body "". Now I do get into a new message, opposed to just the inbox listing, but it's still depending on which inbox (SMS/MMS/e-mail) I last had open.

Btw, it seems to work fine after a reboot, it says "Ny SMS" from the start ;)

I installed Right Menu and after removing it, I still get the Right Menu right-soft key. What registry setting do I use to reset it back to the default functionality?

-icky

I installed Right Menu and after removing it, I still get the Right Menu right-soft key. What registry setting do I use to reset it back to the default functionality?

-icky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HerpezP...That worked and I greatly appreciate you.

I think that the developer of this program should automatically make this change once the application is uninstalled.

smiles

• 5 months later...
Guest sporkguy

Excellent tip this.

I've installed Paul's cab, and changed HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Home\Keys\113 to open Connection Manager on the SP5 - as thats the app I tend to use the most.

Great work fellas! ;)

Guest RSkillz

Is there also a way to "remap" the "contacts button" under the "start button" of the 8310/SP5?

I would like to create a direct link that starts a new blank SMS message.

I allready redirected the right softkey to Tcpmp, so that's not an option ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest chucky.egg
Anyone know the link to get to the Alarm under Start -> Settings -> Clock & Alarm -> Alarm??

I dont know a way to jump straight to the Alarms page, but the attached shortcut goes to the Clock page (on PPC, dunno if it works on SP)

You could try it (drop the .LNK file somewhere on your device and run it) and if it works point your Soft Key to it

Clock_shortcut.zip

Guest atlas
I dont know a way to jump straight to the Alarms page, but the attached shortcut goes to the Clock page (on PPC, dunno if it works on SP)

You could try it (drop the .LNK file somewhere on your device and run it) and if it works point your Soft Key to it

Cheers, but it doesn't seem to work on the Smartphone. Your shortcut refers to a control panel, but i managed to figure out that our Control Panel/Settings page is actually called by inputting 'MSSettings?:settings'

Now i only need to figure out how to go to the sub-menus via the shortcut!

• 1 month later...
Guest carlog

Hey is there a way to control the function of the soft keys during an incoming call?

I keep accidentally hitting the Ignore soft key when fishing my phone out of my pocket when someone calls! I'd like to remap it to a different key, or maybe make it so the Ignore function requires you to hold the soft key for 3 seconds....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

I installed de original cab fil in my 8310 in storage card and after the install ends, nothing happened.

How i tell the program what shortcut key i want to the right soft key?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest tboy2000

I installed the cab and all works fine. New SMS even after reboot. Yes it does always start a new message depending on which account was last viewed. So am i mssing something in that is there a registry tweak that will always open new text message screen regardless if i was in my email screen last?

Also I understand you can assign any app to the right button by associating a key number? How do we know what key is with which app and where in the registry to I change the key?

Is there a list someone can post along the lines of (for example and not accurate):

Media Player = 118

Task Manager = 124

File Manager = 105

etc etc

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Guest cdogg2000

I've tried all the threads I could find on modaco and the button always says contacts and it never opens up anything but contacts. I've tried exe's and lnk's with and without quotes, etc. It has just never worked on my sp5. For those that have had success on this exact device, can you explain exactly what you dead? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1319987654321

I can run my desired app thru the right soft key

But it still show Contact no matter how many times I use that key

Isnt it a string called "default" placed in 113 together with the "open"?

How about changing the translation file directly? (I use trad. chi , may be I could just change "contact" to "APP"?)