Leakage: Samsung SGH-i760

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

samsung-sgh-i760-5_small.jpg

Ooooo now this looks interesting :(

This great looking slider is said to be the upcomming Samsung SGH-i760 and, apart from looking like the older, more mature brother of the O2 XDA Stealth (made by Gigabyte), is feature packed to boot:

• WM5 for Pocket PC
  • Intel 520Mhz CPU
  • 2MP Camera
  • Forward facing video calling camera
  • 3G/HSDPA (Triband)
  • 802.11g Wi-Fi
  • microSD (shame it's not miniSD!)
  • 2.8" QVGA touch screen
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • Qwerty slide-out keypad
  • 1040mAh battery
  • 119g (lighter than a Vario!)

LOTS more pics after the jump...[/teaser]

Now I don't know about the rest of you but this device really appeals to me. On paper it looks perfect. My only hope is that it isn't as much of a failure as the i300 was. However, with specs like that (and the right marketing!!), it's sure to be a big hit. Oh and for what it's worth, I rekon we'll be seeing this device on O2 within the next couple months (just a hunch :rolleyes: )

samsung-sgh-i760-1.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-2.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-3.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-4.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-5.jpgsamsung-sgh-i760-6.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-7.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-8.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-9.jpg

samsung-sgh-i760-10.jpg

Source [mobilmania] (currently down)

>> Cached Version

Guest Sonicr360

Yes, looks nice. I own an XDA EXEC and Samsung D900 (most of my phones been samsung) and never had any problems with this.

Again, just hope its not a slow beast

What about Memory ? did not see that in the specs

Also, what about availability?

Simon

Guest hennapod

It looks like a new-improved version of the M2000 which I was craving until the M3100 came out. This could sway me from the M3100 though.

Depends on size though.

Is it bigger than the Hermes? Is it the same size as the Hermes? If so, how would you type using that qwerty?

Guest nedge2k
Yes, looks nice. I own an XDA EXEC and Samsung D900 (most of my phones been samsung) and never had any problems with this.

Again, just hope its not a slow beast

What about Memory ? did not see that in the specs

Also, what about availability?

Simon

Both unknown at this stage but i expect at least 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM and it'll most likely be available in the next couple of months (don't hold me to that :rolleyes: )

Guest Sonicr360

Hello Nedge

Thank you for the reply - what are the chances of getting more concrete details on availability?

Do you have the actual sizes at all. Looking at the photos, I would say it looks bigger than my D900 - which is not a bad thing, because my D500 was big-ish and not so heavy - certainly a good phone.

D900 being ultra slim, and if this is thicker, then I can still live with this.

But any more details that you can share, would be nice-to-have :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time.

Guest Confucious

Screen res?

It does look rather nice - have to see how it fares when it's actually released but nice to see new WM devices from other manufacturers.

Guest richard_d
QVGA

Looks pretty similar specs to the Vario II/Tytn. I assume O2 Uk aren't going to release the Trion, if they're releasing this (unless the different approaches to sliding keyboards makes enough of a difference).

Guest Confucious
Looks pretty similar specs to the Vario II/Tytn. I assume O2 Uk aren't going to release the Trion, if they're releasing this (unless the different approaches to sliding keyboards makes enough of a difference).

This would explain why O2 aren't releasing the Trion - I did wonder when i first heard that they weren't going too.

QVGA? pity it's not VGA - I do love the screen on the Universal but I suppose it would be to big on a device this size.

Guest bennish

Sweet... sweet... sweet.

This just went to number 1 on my list, completely usurping the treo 750v. This is almost certainly my next device.

tri-band? a shame.

512mhz? drool.

will the battery be able to handle all that?

Guest Sonicr360
niiice features. Battery is a bit weak considering everything crammed in (520mhz proc!!)

Do you know something about the battery life that we don't ??

Guest TriAxis

Damn from the specs, features, and size this phone is nearly perfect. Except for the TriBand. I'm in the USA and on Cingular, so does this mean I won't be able to use this phone on their network. Is there another network in the US that this phone will work on.

Do you know something about the battery life that we don't ??

It has a 1040mAh battery. This is less than most modern smartphones never mind PPCs, I can't see it lasting very long between charges.

Guest nedge2k

yep, a bit disappointing BUT samsung do have a habit of including two batteries with their devices - the second usually being higher capacity but bigger.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Or as on the i320, 2 exactly the same, but with a funky little charger-box you can use to charge the battery when it's out of the device :rolleyes:

P

Guest bennish
just rang o2, they dont have it on there 'coming soon' list....

any further details when it might be available?

damn... guess we'll just have to wait.

soon precious... soon... mmm portrait slide... *gets ready to list k-jam on ebay*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.