Nokia USB Drivers?!?

Guest DylJones

Guest DylJones

Ok, so here's what's happened:

I messed up my machine :)

I re-built it and along the way visited the Nokia website and downloaded the very latest version of Nokia PC Suite.

I have a Nokia 6680 and when I first had it there were several issues with the version of PC Suite that was boxed with it but downloading the newest worked fine for me.

Now, when I connect with bluetooth, everything is fine with just one exception. I can't connect to the internet. I don't know why. I've tried lots of things to get it working but just can't. Now before this wasn't an issue because it worked perfectly as a modem when i used it with the USB cable that came in the box.

Since the re-build of my PC whenever I connect the cable it says: found new hardware and then asks to connect to Windows update. Whether I say yes or no it doesn't find any drivers and wo'nt see the phone via the cable.

In a nutshell this means I can't use it as a 3G modem which is quite important to me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dylan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr who

Once it stops recognising the handset does it still show up in Device Manager on the PC? If so, whilst it is plugged in go into Device Manager and delete the entry for it. Shut down and restart and then replug in the handset. May or may not solve your problem.