N95 on t-mob

Guest J273

Thinking of getting one of these on t-mob....I dont really want to be paying more than £50 for the hadnset and on a 12 month contract.

obviously im going to be paying £35+ month with this kind of deal......On t -mobile is it possible after say 2 months give em a call and they'll drop the contract to say £15 a month?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stripeycat

Not a chance mate! I've been looking at 12 month contracts and they will rip the ass out of your wallet for one of these handsets. You might get one for free on a £50/month tariff but i couldn't find anyone giving anything like that out in london. They all want £45/month on an 18 month contract minimum before you'll see a free handset. I would just wait until nokia starts doling out the firmware upgrades and the prices come down a bit, or someone releases an N95 killer. although that could be a ways away.

Guest shadamehr
Not a chance mate! I've been looking at 12 month contracts and they will rip the ass out of your wallet for one of these handsets. You might get one for free on a £50/month tariff but i couldn't find anyone giving anything like that out in london. They all want £45/month on an 18 month contract minimum before you'll see a free handset. I would just wait until nokia starts doling out the firmware upgrades and the prices come down a bit, or someone releases an N95 killer. although that could be a ways away.

If you dare trust them (they are I suppose owned by the CPW now at least), try www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk as they were MEANT to be doing the N95 on Orange's Dolphin £35 tariff, with the phone only £14.99

That's fairly cheap, but again, it's ALWAYS likely to be an 18 month contract for this phone mind - after all, it's still £549.99 to buy sim free...

Guest xerxes
If you dare trust them (they are I suppose owned by the CPW now at least), try www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk as they were MEANT to be doing the N95 on Orange's Dolphin £35 tariff, with the phone only £14.99

That's fairly cheap, but again, it's ALWAYS likely to be an 18 month contract for this phone mind - after all, it's still £549.99 to buy sim free...

I got mine sim free (well actually an unlocked Vodafone) for £350 on wednesday. Cool phone. I'm posting from it now. There are a few on ebay for around £300 if you dare. I prefered to say the extra and see the phone in the flesh before i parted with my cash.

Guest dashnoob

Ok guys, farly new here so bear with me.... this N95 you talk about (Sweet phone)can someone like myself in the U.S. get one of these Phones that cheap? I see you talk about contracts and such but the price is silly......I don't understand?!?

Dashnoob

Guest xerxes
Ok guys, farly new here so bear with me.... this N95 you talk about (Sweet phone)can someone like myself in the U.S. get one of these Phones that cheap? I see you talk about contracts and such but the price is silly......I don't understand?!?

Dashnoob

In the US you can currently only get an N95 from a Nokia store, from an overseas importer such as Expansys (but Expansys prices are ridiculous) or from an auction site.

eBay shows them going for between $600 and $700 which is about what I paid for mine on current exchange rates. I don't believe you can currently get an N95 on contract in the USA.

Guest dashnoob
In the US you can currently only get an N95 from a Nokia store, from an overseas importer such as Expansys (but Expansys prices are ridiculous) or from an auction site.

eBay shows them going for between $600 and $700 which is about what I paid for mine on current exchange rates. I don't believe you can currently get an N95 on contract in the USA.

Thanks X......wow $700....I will stick with my Dash. The N95 is a hot phone.....I seen on a few UK sites that if you sign up for an 18 mo contract you can get it for free. In the states all you get is a Damn Razor Phone for free. I had to extend my T-Moble contract for 2 YEARS to get my Dash $200,and I still feel like a fool for doing that. I guess I need to move to Europe to get a cool phone cheap.

Thanks

Dashnoob

Guest stripeycat

Well, i managed to get one off the Gumtree.com website for £190... advertised on there for about a week and a half, after adjusting the ads to get the scammers off my back; the site is crawling with scumbags trying to sell you 'quallity phone at sensible price'. Bastards. Anyhow, went down to Fulham after this lad mailed me and i'd checked him out with a few mails to see how bad the deal might be beforehand. Nice enough kid, not too bright, and in the space of a month he had managed to put his t-mob N95 through some pretty serious paces. He told me the phone had been out of its box for maybe three or four hours, if that; a quick look at the photo gallery and the upgrade receipt suggested otherwise, as he'd had it for a month and there were over a hundred photos on the microSD he gave me (not the standard nokia card either). The screen bore the kind of residual gunk just around the edges you would expect to find on a phone that had been used. The slide mechanism was already showing some signs of loosening up, and the packaging looked like what was left of last night's boozy takeaway. Nevertheless - i tried the phone out, checked that it all seemed to be working (from what i could see), and took a chance. Sold it yesterday on ebay for the same price (45 seconds after listing started!), and i'm glad i tried one out, if only to satisfy my curiosity. If you're a nokia fan, i think it could be the phone for you. Nice camera, but the symbian operating system was one of the most dire things i've ever used. Slow (not too much ram on the phone), and the graphic treatment and fonts they ship it with are horrific. I suppose you could always build your own themes but i don't know how customised they can be, and to be honest i'm still no fan of Java. i'll stick to WM5 until someone puts out a more uniform nokia or sony ericsson. Also beware the N95 slide... since trying to DIY the one i bought, i've read up on plenty of disappointed folk who've sent one, two and THREE handsets back to base with complaints of unacceptably rickety slider faces. The guy i sold mine too hasn't come back yet, but for me, spending any money at all on a phone, especially one that new and that far down the line of slider-based handsets, means it should be airtight, even after four weeks of hard usage.

My point was (yes, there was a point! :rolleyes:) if you keep your eyes open, look out for the d!ckheads (and there are DOZENS on ebay and the gumtree) who are trying to scam you out of your money, and don't appear too desperate to get your hands on the phone, i still believe you could get a new N95 in the form of an unwanted upgrade for between 200 and 250 pounds. Wishful thinking maybe, but the N81 and other new N series phone will be out soon enough, so the price on this baby should start dropping in the next month or two at least!

Guest badgerarc

I got a free N95 from T Mobile on Flext 35 with web and walk :rolleyes: I just played them off against orange to get what I wanted :P