Kaiser on T-Mobile "any day now" and surprising price

Guest chucky.egg

T-mobile data tariffs make it a no-brainer. Don't let temptation take you early.

If you're really that impatient you could have got it on Orange already!

http://www.powerupmobile.com/tariffs-2-277.htm

Going to cost you a bob or two on the monthly contract to get the handset price down!

I know it was discussed last year but as I went the W'n'W way I did not really follow too close. Is the "Orange World Unlimited" package full on unlimited data for £8? Also does this include HSDPA? I ask as I have been offered this on a new contract with O and whilst friendly, helpful, polite and efficient I cannot stand the faulty,damaged, stolen handset replacement service from T any longer.

I know it was discussed last year but as I went the W'n'W way I did not really follow too close. Is the "Orange World Unlimited" package full on unlimited data for £8? Also does this include HSDPA? I ask as I have been offered this on a new contract with O and whilst friendly, helpful, polite and efficient I cannot stand the faulty,damaged, stolen handset replacement service from T any longer.

From memory the unlimited data package is only off-peak usage, if you want to use data during the week (day time) you have to buy a second package and this is limited to something pathetic like 40meg a month...

can someone else confirm this?

From memory the unlimited data package is only off-peak usage, if you want to use data during the week (day time) you have to buy a second package and this is limited to something pathetic like 40meg a month...

can someone else confirm this?

Thanks nlhall but when enquiring I was offred an off peak package for only £5 so think it is all the time. Real issue is if this is limited to WAP or some other type of access that does not have full web or equally important HSDPA.

Off topic and may get hung for saying this but using N95 whilst waiting for Kaiser to replace my recently stolen Hermes and have to say this thing is an excellent laptop modem with w'n'w. so simple and reliable!

Must say whilst t-mob have been good they really cannot get close to quick fuss free replacement of handsets provided by Orange (unless things changed over last cople of yrs since I left them).

Guest m3100tony

I have the OWU package for 8uk/month. Mine is:

1) subject to 1gb fair use

2) DOES allow HSPDA (typical tranfers I get are about 1000kps down and 200kbps up in Manchester or Leeds)

3) I can also confirm you CAN (don't know if you are meant to or not) connect it a laptop via bluetooth and

4) You CAN (ditto) use it for voice and video (having just made a skype video call :-) ).

Earlier this week I got myself a T-mobile Pay as you go card to test the data compared to orange. Everything else being equal (in a TYTN with WM6) the orange data is consistently faster than T-mobile, and the latter does NOT allow to me Skpye (as in it physically doesnt work - proxy error).

Hence I am likely to stay with O if they ever get the bloody Kaiser!

Before signing up I would be sure to get them to clarify the max or fair use policy (and record their answer by taking their name and extension number and emailing yourself to keep a record) - I have heard of some being offered an "unlimited" packake with a fir use cap of 30mb which is clearly ludicrous. I wouldn't push the VOIP or laptop linking as I am not sure this is meant to work :-)

Earlier this week I got myself a T-mobile Pay as you go card to test the data compared to orange. Everything else being equal (in a TYTN with WM6) the orange data is consistently faster than T-mobile, and the latter does NOT allow to me Skpye (as in it physically doesnt work - proxy error).

This is an interesting observation, I have to say that Skype isn't a big issue for me personally as I'm not big on voice communication and on a mobile device speed isn't that important either.

Why would Orange be faster than T-mobile? Better coverage, better network, HSDPA support?

I'm still leaning toward T-mobile, but the thought of getting a virgin HTC Kaiser with any other network whilst still having a reasonable data tariff is quite a good one.

Of course, I don't know if I'll ever actually use 3gb/month of data on Web 'n' Walk Plus but what is comforting is the official support of laptop connectivity, streaming media and instant messaging.

Over the last few days I think Palringo has probably only used a few mb with me spamming pictures.

I have the OWU package for 8uk/month. Mine is:

1) subject to 1gb fair use

2) DOES allow HSPDA (typical tranfers I get are about 1000kps down and 200kbps up in Manchester or Leeds)

3) I can also confirm you CAN (don't know if you are meant to or not) connect it a laptop via bluetooth and

4) You CAN (ditto) use it for voice and video (having just made a skype video call :-) ).

Hence I am likely to stay with O if they ever get the bloody Kaiser!

Before signing up I would be sure to get them to clarify the max or fair use policy (and record their answer by taking their name and extension number and emailing yourself to keep a record) - I have heard of some being offered an "unlimited" packake with a fir use cap of 30mb which is clearly ludicrous. I wouldn't push the VOIP or laptop linking as I am not sure this is meant to work :-)

;) Thanks for the info m3100tony. No more messing around waiting for a network to release their messed up (aesthetic or internal) kaiser . And faster data speeds too! I have never gotten over about 500kbps with T (central london) but that may have something to do with using bluetooth to connect with laptop.

Guest wizzzard
MDA VARIO III is now available as an upgrade if your eligible on T-mobile.

so should be soon for new contracts

Funny that. I got off the phone earlier today with Customer Loyalty at T-mobile who could only confirm what we already know, that the website states Vario III is expected September. He was not able to take a preorder despite me being well out of contract. He claimed to have no knowledge of a more specific release date.

The advice was to ring back towards the end of the month to see if they had any more info then.

Guest PJDelaney
MDA VARIO III is now available as an upgrade if your eligible on T-mobile.

so should be soon for new contracts

I just the second gave the upgrade team a call as I am out of contract and awaiting this phone and they told me it's not out just yet but they do have a date of "early October" for release.

I just the second gave the upgrade team a call as I am out of contract and awaiting this phone and they told me it's not out just yet but they do have a date of "early October" for release.

Me too, just got off the phone to "T" the chap I talked to seemed very nervous and when I asked about an upgrade he was all "mmm oh, I might not be the best person to help you but I'll see what I can do, but if i can't I'll find someone who can", seemed a good bloke, but it must have been his first day or something, anyway, playing on his naivety, I coxed him through the system and he confirmed that there is no set date or price on the system for the VarioIII yet.

Having dealt with call centre people for many many years I have no reason to doubt this fella, but come on T-Mobile, it cant be far off now!

Edited by nlhall

Guest TomaHawk

my mistake i was acting on second hand knowledge. someone over on XDA developers seems to have believed they have ordered one as an upgrade.

Im so exited willing to believe anything i guess.

Guest TomaHawk

my mistake i was acting on second hand knowledge. someone over on XDA developers seems to have believed they have ordered one as an upgrade.

Im so exited willing to believe anything i guess.

http://www.phoneboxdirect.co.uk/thandsetde...=Samsung%20U600

Is such a deal even possible? The general rule is that anything that sounds too good to be true IS too good to be true. But it makes me think; it would be great to get hold of a T-Mobile contract with cashback to fund a Kaiser purchase... has anyone seen any more genuine looking ones around?

Guest andybarker

Is such a deal even possible? The general rule is that anything that sounds too good to be true IS too good to be true. But it makes me think; it would be great to get hold of a T-Mobile contract with cashback to fund a Kaiser purchase... has anyone seen any more genuine looking ones around?

Usually these things work on it being a pain in the arse to recover the money (have to send in the bills, with forms filled in, on specific dates, etc.). They expect most people to forget, get something wrong, etc.

However i do know people that have done this with other companies (Three I think) and got a nice phone for nothing.

Aye, I've been reading into it a little more and that definitely seems to be the case. It's an interesting business model; tempting people with fantastic offers and then bogging them down with so much paperwork they never actually manage to get their money back.

I'm still clutching at straws; T-Mobile aren't helping by taking forever to release the Vario III. It's like waiting for Christmas... although at this rate Christmas might come sooner!

Guest Phil Lee

I've been due an upgrade since May for my Vario. I just got off the phone from the Upgrade people and they don't have any date for the Vario III yet. The guy who I spoke to said to expect it in October now.

Guest Neil5459

Theres a big case going on in Birmingham (I think?) at present involving a copmany making similar cashback offers- 100% cashback each month. Some families signed up for up to 6 contracts. Now the supplying company has gone into receivership, so no cashbacks, but the networks are insisting on the full contract subscription being paid. So, they can be good, but make sure you can afford the risk if it goes wrong.

Another downer on the cited deal is that there's no Web n Walk- going to the Bundles page for the tariffs shows 1GB data at £90 per month, and 512MB at £70. ;)

I'm glad I am not the only one sitting out here wishing upon all the stars in the sky that T-Mobile would pull their effing finger out and release the Vario III. I appreciate that testing it, training people to work with it and uglifying the crap out of it is all part of their essential process- but just how long does that have to take!

Guest TomaHawk

i know as soon as it drops i am ordering it striaght away.

may even have to sacrifice my number i have had for 8 years as i am currently on t-mob pay as you go. but for the kaiser i will.

i know as soon as it drops i am ordering it striaght away.

may even have to sacrifice my number i have had for 8 years as i am currently on t-mob pay as you go. but for the kaiser i will.

Port it to another network now then port it back when the Kaiser is out on T-Mobile................

Guest wizzzard
I'm glad I am not the only one sitting out here wishing upon all the stars in the sky that T-Mobile would pull their effing finger out and release the Vario III. I appreciate that testing it, training people to work with it and uglifying the crap out of it is all part of their essential process- but just how long does that have to take!

How sad am I ?

I'm guilty of watching this thread and this one over at XDA-Developers. not to mention T-Mobile Upgrades Dept think I am stalking them.

Looks like I might be pretty stuffed with my number also, however it doesn't generally bother me much- the people who want to get in touch with me have other methods of doing so and those who I want to have my number can be enlightened with such information.

I like changing numbers, if only it stopped the cold callers!

Guest TomaHawk
Port it to another network now then port it back when the Kaiser is out on T-Mobile................

yea will do but will tka like 2 weeks.

is there a limit how far into new contract you can port a number?