Roll Call: Tell us your current / next device(s)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rav1patel

currently got a touch diamond. totally love it apart from the pathetic battery life. think i'll actually be able to stick with it for just about the full 18 months. its good enough to hold out for a while.

i'd be interested if they made a smaller iphone and i wanna see where android is going. not gonna buy anything winmo till 7 comes out. that's my first choice but i wanna be seriously impressed. i've blindly bought winmo for too long now.

other gear:

just bought a 4g 16GB black nano. like it but getting very bored of ipods. hate the touch cos i don't want to have to look at my mp3 player to use it. buttons are a requirement.

currently got a samsung r20 notebook. its starting to show its age and i'm thinking of going for a xps m1330.

Edited by rav1patel

Guest beckett1

Current Device: HTC Vox as a phone its great, I have tried many other phone since this came out but i always come back.

Next Device: HTC S740 - I really like the smartphone software, I haven't really got on with touch screens.

Guest Chocolicious

I currently roll daily with iPhone 3G 16GB, mainly for browsing, gaming, audio and video as I convert all my downloaded US shows such as Heroes, Prison Break, etc and watch them on my way to and from work.

I also roll with my cooked Compacy IV, which I have BB Connect installed on and u

Guest RayBanUK

Current Device: Was a Vario 3 before it was stolen. Got an unlocked HTC TyTN2 brand new as a replacement but sold it on. Currently using a borrowed SE W880i

Next Device: Still waiting for the Xperia X1 to come out (come on guys, hurry up!). I do like the iPhone but I really like have a proper keyboard instead of a on screen one. If the Touch HD was closer to release, I would have hanged on to that one comes out.

Guest andycat

Currently: HP iPaq 614c Business messenger. Most stable WinMo device I've had. Got an E71 as well, but unused really.

Previous: Wizard, Touch, Tytn, Tytn II

Future: Suggestions? Can buy what I want! need keypad and phone feell for texting etc.

Guest Fate-X-
Currently I own a MDA Compact 4 and as things are now the next device will probably be the Touch HD

but I have untill October to decide on that :-/

Currently : AT&T Tilt

Future: Sony Xperia X1 or AT&T Fuze

Current, and for the forseeable future device of choice is the Omnia. Basically has everything I need and have wanted in a device - WM, GPS, onboard storage, large screen, slim form factor, good camera, microSD card slot. Only thing missing is US 3G but as I'm on T-Mobile that was never an option anyway. Nothing announced so far interests me, will probably be upgrading when WM7 gets here.

Guest Chaser81

Current phone is a first generation Iphone 8GB which is unlocked, on Orange, and fully jailbroken; thus allowing me to have Swirly MMS on it! I will always have a fondness for Windows Mobile devices, and still regularly come onto this site to see what's new, mainly cause of the community here, but I am so happy with my Iphone I dont see me chopping it in any time soon - its crazy how much I like this thing!

My other favourite gizmo at the moment is my Eee PC 901, which had XP on it when I got it, but I have replaced that with Ubuntu Eee (much better!).

Guest nickcornaglia

As many know....long time WinMo fan, Smartphone and PPC...switching back and forth to new devices. Both have their benefits and I am still undecided which is truely best.

Switched to an 8GB iPhone when I switched over to mac and loved the original iPhone. Traded up for a White 16GB 3G and was hit with all of it's early problems...dropped calls, bad reception...crashing. Had to give up on it and switched back to Windows Mobile with a Red Blackjack II.

I am itching for a new device and think I want a PocketPC. The Touch HD is at the top of my list...but being in the US (HTC hates the US) I dont think I'll be getting one.

So I really want a US version of Diamond for it's size, style and coolness. But at almost $700 at BestBuy....it's not that cool.

In the end, I'll either pick up an older model...like a Touch Enhanced possibly...I dunno. But a little itch is calling me back to the iPhone 3G. No that wont work....wait....ummm...no.

Current device: Black Nokia N82

Future Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. I would have chosen the Touch Hd but after one year with a iphone, I prefer having an actual keyboard.

Guest unclelimey
In the end, I'll either pick up an older model...like a Touch Enhanced possibly...I dunno. But a little itch is calling me back to the iPhone 3G. No that wont work....wait....ummm...no.

i also had a bunch of problems with crashing etc on my white 3g iphone... but a recent update has fixed all that, its running sweet now.

Since i've had the Omnia, yeah!

Diamond and Touch Pro aren't being used!

P

Please feel free to donate my way, shipping details available on request :lol:

Got a XDA ignito and chuffed to bits with it.... ended going for this (over the Omnia) as I got it on a brill contract with the phone free..

I don't do too much on the phone (couple of call and couple of texts/MMs a day) but I can get a week out of the battery between charges (lasted 4 days this week as I've been mucking about with new themes etc)..

Not sure about next device as got to wait 18 months, but gonna be happy with this for the time being.

Cheers

Gaz

Guest mstephenson

Current Kit - HTC Vox that's on it's last legs, just hoping it holds out for another week or so so I can buy my next device....

Next Device - HTC S740 - can't wait to get my hands on one of these :lol:

Guest penguin

Current Device: my trusty old Vario 2 although i do switch to the even older more trusy SPV C600 when im going out on the town & want a nice slim device for the pockets.

Next Device: more than likely the X1 although it may be the touch pro, im waiting to get my hands on both in a store to see which i prefer :lol:

Current: Vario III

Next: whatever half decent device T-Mobile get around to launching in the UK this year - I'm now eligable to upgrade but there is nothing worth having! So T-Mobile Vario IV or G1 ...

Guest LeiChat

Current: HTC Diamond, bought from Play.com in the hope I could haggle another no phone contract deal with o2.

Failed... ended up getting their Simplicity 30 day contract tariff, £20 a month for 600mins, 1000 texts and unlimited browsing.

My friend then bought an iPhone and although I'd rather not spend the £900 he is over 18 months I do like the larger screen.

So, my next device might be the HTC HD.

Other kit: loving the PC World Advent 4211 (aka MSI Wind) and must get round to putting my o2 MiniS and TomTom Nav5 bluetooth on Ebay.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

My current device: Black 16GB Samsung Omnia at the moment.

My next device: Touch HD appeals, but really interested in the Android devices. Not necessarily the G1, but maybe the next batch. I guess I have to see what's out when I get bored of the omnia!

Other mobile kit: iPod Touch 32GB (with Shure Headphones) and my Advent 4211, OSX'd! Also with the unlocked 3G modem for total data connectivity ;-)

Just need a big car battery in a rucksack and I'm sorted!

Currently I have an XDA Stellar (custom Rom obviously)

Will be out of contract around August 2009, so hopefully my next device will be whatever the successor to the Touch Pro is.

Guest spark9990
At the moment it's a Sony Ericsson T68! :lol:

Because i lost my Vario 3 with Garmin dk4.2 ROM, in Bristol 2 weeks ago. (gutted)

Next phone?

Don't know...... Touch Pro, X1, G1, Touch HD, or hang on and see if anything turns up with snap dragon in the near future?

Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried the T Mobile service with Sky Sports on there phone? At the moment this could well influence my decission.

Ben

I'm using a T68i as well :D - my c500 died last month.

I'm going to fork out for the Touch Pro, just need to find a decent provider (orange are crap). Might move to O2, mate works there and can get me 30% off any contract (get one with a decent phone then sell it and buy the touch pro).

Guest nevawlkalone

Currently on Vario 3...Novelty of qwert keyboard has worn off....not sure where ill go after this! Might go for the touch pro anyways.! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.