Roll Call: Tell us your current / next device(s)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 1straven
.... but really like the way I can use the iPhone through the Aux port on my car stereo for music and hands free calling, 3G iPhone is out because it apparently switches off the built in mic when a stereo jack is inserted.

Glad I'm not the only one who does this. I do it with my diamond. use a y adapter to give a 3.5mm jack and a usb port for charging. Allows all my music, calls and sat nav to go through the car speakers. Works great.

Since i've had the Omnia, yeah!

Diamond and Touch Pro aren't being used!

P

Just got the Omnia at work for a trial but after using it for an hour, I passed on it and stuck with the diamond. The screen is bigger but just isn't as sharp as the diamonds which is a real shame. Nice widgets though.

Current Device : Touch Diamond and Nokia 6300 (Work Phone)

Future Device : X1 as a work phone hopefully (preordered for a trial) or it'll be another touch diamond so I'll have to carry two around. Personally, I have another 13 months left on my contract so no idea what will be out then.

Guest Tomchap
I'm quite surprised to see how many people are using iPhones, and how few seem to be interested in the G1... :lol:

P

Know what you mean. I think if the G1 wasnt so damn ugly and if they ditched the keyboard and made the device nicer looking, touch HD style, then that would grab peoples attention!

CURRENT DEVICE: HTC Touch Diamond - Not bored of it, but bored of Windows Mobile now. Been using Windows Mobile devices since the Original SPV days, had so many devices and nothings really changed. So after seeing my mates iPhone 3G was tempted into having a go with a second hand iPhone 3G 16gb Black off ebay. Arrived today. So will see how that goes

NEXT DEVICE: Will stick it out with the iPhone 3G for the moment, but think i could be tempted by Win mobile 7, or poss the HTC Touch HD as that looks great but until the Win Mobile interface gets a complete "finger friendly" overhaul im not gonna bother.

Edited by Tomchap

Guest FutureDirt

current: Samsung Omnia (my main device) ... HTC Touch Pro (play with these at work)

next: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and then HTC Touch HD

will decide which device to stick with for a while after i have had a play with them all... currently Omnia is on top!

Guest andrewkeith5

Current Device: HTC TyTN II

Next: Well I'm not due an upgrade until june, but will probably switch earlier. At the moment, my next device will be a HTC Touch Pro, as I don't particularly like the Xperia panels, the G1 just seems icky, and nothing else has the range of features I want....

So roll on next year I guess, if something brilliant comes along (like maybe an omnia but with a keyboard), then maybe i'll change my mind...but at the moment, its the T/Pro for me....

Guest andybarker

Have recently got Diamond. Love the size / usability balance. Just the right size, and still very full featured.

Other phones are either too big (but more useful) or too small (and less useful).

4 year old 12" HP laptop for more serious mobile requirements , using Diamond as 3g modem on occasion

hmmmmmm gadgets......current love affair with the 3G 16GB iPhone.......have parked my Kaiser and Diamond And touch Pro to one side as the iPhone gives me pretty much all i need each day....still love the trusty XDA Exec, if out and about for longer than a few hours, i still prefer it to the Kaiser lol,

Next device........well if HTC come up with the HTC 'Divorce' my Missus promises that will be my next device if i keep buying gadgets LOL......

Guest mjt2810

Phone / Email:

Last device: Touch Diamond

Current device: Nokia E71 (and loving it!)

Next device: A mythical device that incorporates Touch Dual slide out keypad with the Diamond design

MP3

Last device: iPod 3rd Gen 20GB

Current device: iPod Touch 2nd Gen 32GB (and loving this also!)

Guest T39andcounting

My current device: HTC Diamond on Orange (upgraded from an Orange M3100 a few months ago) and a work provided Blackberry Pearl 8100 on Vodafone

My next device: I'll wait and see what's around in 15 months time!

Other mobile kit: Ipod classic 80GB, Lenovo Thinkpad T61 for work, and an old Toshiba Portege 3500 Windows Tablet (aka the SpeaknSpell) for web surfing at home

Edited by T39andcounting

Current Devices

Battered old XDA Orbit running Cameraware with no SIM which is my Navizon points magnet

HTC Touch Elf ( on its last legs with very wonky screen alignment)

Blackberry Bold ( my employers deem wm 6.1 not 'secure enough" )

Where next?

Trying to suggest we pilot the Blackberry Storm at work otherwise Touch HD looks the business

Guest T39andcounting
Phew, thought you were gonna post you were using a T39 :lol:

I've still got an Ericsson T28 in a drawer which has got the occasional use as a spare. I loved that phone. Still rates as one of my favorites ever considering the tech that was available at the time.

Guest markdotpeters5

I'm quite shocked to see how many of you have a couple of phones at a time. How DO you afford it?!?

I'd quite like to have an iPhone and a camera phone for going out, but can't afford it :lol:

I am currently carrying a Benq E72, and have my Cingular branded Hermes in my desk drawer. I really like a phone with a standard dial pad on the front. The benq also has the battery life of a phone, 2-3 days, instead of a pocket pc like my Hermes, 4-8 hours. The small form factor is another big plus. But I miss the qwerty.

Next device will be S740 I think. It seems like it will be just right for me, if only they would put US 3G in it.

Guest rav1patel

was just thinking too how so many people seem to have two or three newish phones. i only got the diamond on my other half's upgrade. otherwise i'd still be on my touch dual!

Guest Toyota-F1.com

My current device: I've been using an Orange SPV C500 since 5 November 2005. I do love it and am waiting for...

My future device: ...something like the HTC Touch Dual. The device MUST have GPS and Wifi for it to be a big enough leap for myself. I really wanted the Touch Dual but it failed in these areas. The device also has to have a keypad. Now, I don't mind the Touch Diamond except it doesn't have a keypad, and the S740 looks currently the closest device, only problem is (and this sounds silly) it has QWERTY keyboard and I do not want this. Another negative point about it I guess would be that it's not touch-screen, and therefore not part of the Touch series which I think I'd like as that's a step forward, isn't it?

Hi Guys

I currently have an HTC Touch Enhanced. I purchased and iPhone and gave it back the next day for many reasons which I won't go into here but I think my next device will be the HTC HD the attractions are, screen real estate which I could do more with, GPS and 3G.

Guest psybill

current devices: htc tytnII(kaiser), qtek 8310 (tornado). I am both platform fan, but I think tornado is my favorite phone.

next device: I really don't know. I am not impressed with the new touch devices, so I'll try to keep my kaiser as much as I can. It would be great if I could keep it until MS new mobile OS. (wishful thinking :lol: )

Although I'll probably need a new smartphone because my tornado is dying day by day. a second hand s730 or s740 I think is a nice deal!!

@Paul

what about an "official s740...ask Paul thread"??

Guest DarkWanderer

Current day to day phone: QTek 8500 (StrTrk) with a WM6.1 Clean (no Office) ROM

Occasional SatNav/Navizon: O2 XDA Mini S (Wizard) just upgraded to a Diamond based WM6.1 ROM

Next device will be a long time coming since these fulfill my current needs, and not everyone can afford to get the latest kit right now. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.