Omnia II i8000 ROM Download (English /Chinese version ( Simplify/Traditional)19/Sept Updated

Guest previa

Guest carnitas

hi i have never flash the phone before, is it neccessary to download all 4 parts before flashing? Are they the same files; if so, why are they not called links i.e link 1,2,3,4? "Parts" seems like i need to combine them before flashing?

Edited by carnitas

According to some posts, latest Singapore ROM has improvements in chinese input.

So, can somebody owning device with this ROM tell what options to enter chinese are available?

I mean keyboard input options. Is there pinyin, chanjie, etc...?

Guest argoldst

This is my first Samsung phone so please be gentle with me (I have done this many times with HTC phones).

I followed the instructions but nothing seems to happen when I try to reflash my phone. I put all the files (minus the csc file) in Octans and click detect but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

***EDIT*** NVM, i didn't realize I had to power off the phone. However, i still never found any csc file for choosing a language.

Also, i noticed there is a folder for cdma. I am using my phone on att and is a gsm phone. It this rom for the cdma version of the i8000?

Edited by argoldst

yup it works. but should access from windows folder. using code not working for me :)

initially the code didn't work for me as well, but it did later.

i don't know how or why but it works now. :)

Guest hangman11
This is my first Samsung phone so please be gentle with me (I have done this many times with HTC phones).

I followed the instructions but nothing seems to happen when I try to reflash my phone. I put all the files (minus the csc file) in Octans and click detect but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

***EDIT*** NVM, i didn't realize I had to power off the phone. However, i still never found any csc file for choosing a language.

Also, i noticed there is a folder for cdma. I am using my phone on att and is a gsm phone. It this rom for the cdma version of the i8000?

Nvm solved.

The G7 rom doesn't have any CSC files, so just leave it empty, it will use the previous CSC file you in your phone.

Edited by hangman11

ok. i've explored i8000 ROM structure.

CSC doesn't contain anything specific to language (well, it may contain, but not important files). It's some kind of addons.

All languages are inside PDA part of ROM.

G7 ROM uploaded here actually multilanguage ROM.

I saw that avalable languages are written in CSC file. That why OCTAN flasher provides choise based on supplied CSC file.

But i'm not sure if internal in ROM application for changing language uses CSC header or data from PDA to read available languages. I have no i8000 yet.

It's easy to find if flash Traditional Chinese ROM over multilanguage without CSC file and check what languages will be available.

Anyway, G7 ROM is multilanguage, not just english.

Edited by sorg

Guest tRAILeRZ
I'm having problem making an analogue dialup connection using the Omnia 2(both in ICS and connections).. Mine is still G1. Was wondering if the newer roms have address this problem.

anyone can help? you can put any phone number to test.. as long the phone dialed rings, it should be working. Currently the dialed number doesn't ring using G1.

sigh.. still waiting for someone to post the latest firmware H3..

heard it's got chinese input so dun hv to install 3rd party software.

damn, i just too lazy to go to the service centre. :)

Guest mike-biker

There are the Singapore Operators (SingTel,M1 and Starhub) still. :) . It looks, some fuc.ed part of ex is presented.

Edited by mike-biker

Guest Chainfire

If someone knows how to extract files from this, please post a zip of OEMDrivers and OEMDriversHigh from G7 (or later) ROM. Thanks!

Nevermind, got it :)

Edited by Chainfire

Guest AndrewTan

Lastly decided to flash my OMNIA II, yeah! it work. (I only manage to do it at Windows XP, I try the Windows Vista method but it error when the phone is switch off and point-out awaiting USB initialize.)

3907247844_1bb7df2e18_o.jpg

Ha! Ha!, it is a combination with I8000HZHIH1 firmware. Actually I flash to I8000HZHIH1 1st, but due to I dislike the non center icon allignment (slightly up) and smaller in Main Menu and some issue flying around with IH1 firmware, it keep default the keypad to the one I not using (I choose language as English before I flash IH1).

So I decided to flash to I8000DXIG7, I found it is even smoother than I8000HZHIH1 version and not buggy. Overall I am happy and impress with the I8000DXIG7 firmware, no regret upgrade from my initial I8000XXIG1 firmware. :)

I8000DXIG7 firmware is recommended if you lazy to go Samsung Service Center for flashing and don't like Chinese Traditional Firmware.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest lamducthien

I had up to G7 and now I have just up to H5.So,let see:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000FAMIH4

Phone: I8000DXIH2

Screen01.png?t=1252664259

I have found that on G6 I can watch you tube and any flash on web but in H5 or G7 when I click 1 video on you tube, it open to streaming player and it doesn't play ang I can watch any web with flash on ( I just hear the sound but can see imagine). Please help me

Guest FerdiBorbon
I had up to G7 and now I have just up to H5.So,let see:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000FAMIH4

Phone: I8000DXIH2

Screen01.png?t=1252664259

I have found that on G6 I can watch you tube and any flash on web but in H5 or G7 when I click 1 video on you tube, it open to streaming player and it doesn't play ang I can watch any web with flash on ( I just hear the sound but can see imagine). Please help me

Where did you get the H5 rom? Or did you visit the Service Centre?

Hello,

Does OCTANS Downloader 2.0 works with windows 7 32bit without any problems?

Thanks

GT

would you like to attach OCTANS downloader 2.0? coz preveria has only version 1.91