Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest CF Chong
Yes, as automoveis said ,In Chinese Version there have only two languages (a ,English b,Taiwan)

But in English version, there have totally 15 languages to select on

United Kingdom

France

Italy

Gemany

Russia

Norway

Netherland

Czech Repubic

Greece

Spain

Portugal

Finland

Demark

Poland

Sweden

Anyone knows why the csc filenames are different for the ROM that I have downloaded?

I flashed I8000HTGYIG4.csc and below is the version:

PDA: I8000HZHIG4

CSC: I8000HTGYIG4

PHONE: I8000XXIG6

CE OS: 5.2.21006 (Build 21006.1.5.74)

post-60018-1250682251_thumb.jpg

Guest crzcar
Anyone knows why the csc filenames are different for the ROM that I have downloaded?

I flashed I8000HTGYIG4.csc and below is the version:

PDA: I8000HZHIG4

CSC: I8000HTGYIG4

PHONE: I8000XXIG6

CE OS: 5.2.21006 (Build 21006.1.5.74)

post-60018-1250682251_thumb.jpg

I noticed under 'Phone' as we click there are 2 files available, one IG6 rev3 and one rev4. Which one you guys used and what are their differ? :D

Edited by crzcar

Guest enriqueyang
I noticed under 'Phone' as we click there are 2 files available, one IG6 rev3 and one rev4. Which one you guys used and what are their differ? :D

i use rev4 hha... so far so good...

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Hey all O2 users (now and future), to be fair we can donate US$20/person to the best chef so his/her O2 phone can be bought free or for less money and in return we can possibly get custom ROMs.

If so then I won't get the O HD.

Guest unholygid2006
Hey all O2 users (now and future), to be fair we can donate US$20/person to the best chef so his/her O2 phone can be bought free or for less money and in return we can possibly get custom ROMs.

If so then I won't get the O HD.

I vote for Sector and KC. :angry:

But that will be 80bucks! :D

Guest CryptXus

Some stuff to highlight after flashing

1) The App store is gone

2) If ur using samsung keypad - you will get vibration feedback when typing even if you turn off everything in setting

3) If ur using samsung keypad - the XT9 will always be on. You need to off it when typing if u do not wana use. When u open again, it will be on again and u hv to manually off again when typing

So far only the above problems and i end up change to use touchpal to replace samsung keypad and (2) and (3) resolved

Edited by CryptXus

Guest enriqueyang
Some stuff to highlight after flashing

1) The App store is gone

2) If ur using samsung keypad - you will get vibration feedback when typing even if you turn off everything in setting

3) If ur using samsung keypad - the XT9 will always be on. You need to off it when typing if u do not wana use. When u open again, it will be on again and u hv to manually off again when typing

So far only the above problems and i end up change to use touchpal to replace samsung keypad and (2) and (3) resolved

which version u use? simply? or tradition? ver3 or ver 4

Guest thebiker
Attaching the files..copy in yr phone and run it to get the newer app store

I got error code: Application Store service for this country not ready. (Error Code 2001). What it the right country (regional) setting?

I got error code: Application Store service for this country not ready. (Error Code 2001). What it the right country (regional) setting?

try running again and choose "No" when prompted to update.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Hi guys, are there any new ROM for i8000? The original Samsung's ROM is very slow and take a huge battery life. I hope there will be a Lite Rom for i8000 as soon as possible

Guest private69

Hello,

Can you tell me if the omnia 2 buy in Honk kong have "Multi-language OS" with french + English like a singapore omnia 2 etc...

thanks in advance.

@+++

Guest wiggy6230

Hi All,

Just a quick question, what OS are you running when you flash your Omnia 2's. I have Vista 32bit, have not flashed yet, but want to know if flashing on Vista is safe for Omnia 2?

Cheers,

Wiggy

Guest MUYAMAN
Hello,

Can you tell me if the omnia 2 buy in Honk kong have "Multi-language OS" with french + English like a singapore omnia 2 etc...

thanks in advance.

@+++

You can buy them in Mong Kok, Sincere Communication House, 83 Argyle Street..very near the MTR.

The i8000 available however are either a) Singapore versions which has multi language support or, :D some European version (unlocked and I do not know what languages this version supports).

I got the i8000 Singapore version (with one with the ROM which doesn't allow the keyboard to work in landscape mode).

I forgot to mention that, there is no warranty if you buy at that place I mentioned,. The warranty is limited to "shop warranty" which means, if its borked, you have to return to the shop. This is for 1 year.

Edited by MUYAMAN

Guest rgangemi
WVGA Game for omnia II i8000 ( B )

SpiderMan

Please Registration before to use

Hi Guys, tried flasing the ROM, got an error half way through process and now I think i have a dead phone!! Here are the logs from octans:

[EBoot:0] Flash programming

[0]Reconnect Timeout!!

[success] All Download finished.

[0]Reconnect Fail!!

[setup:0] New EBOOT version = 00000000

[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

[CSC:0] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------

[CSC:0] Verision:[i8000HBRIIG4]

[CSC:0] SalesCode:[bRI]

[CSC:0] Priority:[0x1]

Edited by rgangemi