OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest Carlos Sun
Well, it kinda seems so. Windows Mobile was never a platform for gaming anyway...

I think I'll kick this corpse a couple of times more, but - later, when I'll have more free time.

has the driver development stopped already? :)

Guest Krecik2002
has the driver development stopped already? ;)

I guess there's no point since no interesting OpenGl ES V1 applications have been released lately (I'm not sure about Throttle Launcher and TouchXperience, maybe TIGRE engine will take advantage of OpenGl ES V1)

Guest gacop4912451

hi all i need to copy this file at windows folder file name is libGLESv2.dll _ libGLESv2.dll _ libGLESv1_CM.dll and i have the 3d view but i don't have 3d view at my mail or message like the video at you tube and i install the open gl can any one help me please ;)

Edited by gacop4912451

Guest Ryrzy
i just want better HTC sense support mainly landscape mode.

rhodium sense support landscape :lol:

btw. it would be nice to update drivers to new kernel from wm6.5.x ROMs (like je1, je3)... in this ROMs is more RAM but Sense have white squares in calendar/weather/photos tab :D i think a lot of peples would be happy and donate :D right guys ?

br

Guest y17dt
rhodium sense support landscape :)

btw. it would be nice to update drivers to new kernel from wm6.5.x ROMs (like je1, je3)... in this ROMs is more RAM but Sense have white squares in calendar/weather/photos tab :P i think a lot of peples would be happy and donate :D right guys ?

Right! I hate white squares!!!!!

Guest GinKage

Now... I have bad news, good news and worse news.

Bad news: I got a new phone, Galaxy S, which is wonderful, and I'm going to dump O2. Or, rather, was going to.

Good news: it means that O2 is not my main phone anymore, and I can experiment with it in any way, and flash it not only with a firmware that I can really use, but with any other as well.

Worse news: my Galaxy S died. I was carefully using it for less than two weeks, and it simply died. I'm on my vacation in Barcelona at the moment, and will be here for a few days more, after that I'll have to use my O2 again (so, any experiments will have to wait).

If there's anyone who can help me to find a Samsung's service centre in Barcelona (or, better, find a way to replace my Galaxy S with a working one) it would help much with the GL driver project as well...

Guest sinancetinkaya
Now... I have bad news, good news and worse news.

Bad news: I got a new phone, Galaxy S, which is wonderful, and I'm going to dump O2. Or, rather, was going to.

Good news: it means that O2 is not my main phone anymore, and I can experiment with it in any way, and flash it not only with a firmware that I can really use, but with any other as well.

Worse news: my Galaxy S died. I was carefully using it for less than two weeks, and it simply died. I'm on my vacation in Barcelona at the moment, and will be here for a few days more, after that I'll have to use my O2 again (so, any experiments will have to wait).

If there's anyone who can help me to find a Samsung's service centre in Barcelona (or, better, find a way to replace my Galaxy S with a working one) it would help much with the GL driver project as well...

GinKage, Enjoy i9000 :D

It's nice to see you have bought Galaxy S (which I'm thinking of buying to). Because I have some questions about android that only an expert can answer.

Sorry I'm not a linux expert :P I hope that you can give me some satisfactory answers :)

1. Android uses linux kernel + dalvik java virtual machine. This java version is non-standart unlike sun's java versions. Moreover it's a virtual machine which uses more ram and CPU power, and provides less performance. What do you think about that ?

2. After some researches, I realized that, nokia's maemo is a full fetaured linux mobile unlike LiMo foundation. Even console apps are working on maemo without porting. Is there a chance to get maemo working on android's linux kernel ? Can i9000's android drivers work with maemo ?

Guest Bryan W.

I don't know if this helps. I'm not a experienced programmer.

People in this thread claim to have found a linux opengl driver and source for the s3c6410.

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-...fmk119o7vsen1o1

http://www.mediafire.com/?kjznywwidqw - download

I know its not that same. But perhaps the source will give lower level information for better win driver.

Also according to other threads in the forum (its for Androids) they have a Samsung made opengl 1.1 driver, but NOT 2.0. Funny how Samsung reverses that.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest filougk

/* Added some code optimizations and more aggressive optimization flags for compiler.

Nearly twice performance in GL benchmark HD / Pro 1.0 . Opera's menu seems smoother. */

I removed link, performance is nearly the same, benchmarks weren't done with the same settings.

Edited by filougk

Guest GinKage
Does the Omnia II's GPU support Direct3D, or only OpenGL?

In theory, D3D is supported. In practice, its support is just like that of OpenGL.

Guest qtilt
In theory, D3D is supported. In practice, its support is just like that of OpenGL.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully there won't be too many problems. :D

Edit: I just did a quick google search and came up with this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...b7-991c6c4ddac5

According to this guy,

# Direct3D is supported on the Omnia 2.

# It does not use the Microsoft reference implementation. Its driver identifies itself as "D3DM BVS Driver".

# This driver does not support the hardware acceleration of the Omnia 2. - letdown :angry:

Edited by qtilt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DaMomnia

I use JC1 and I think that the OpenGLESv1.cab takes no Effekt on my Omnia II I8000 .

The graphics are always pixilated and many games are lagging. Perhaps I do something wrong.

Ferrari GT Evolution and Assasins Creed HD (3D) are very pixilated. Should OpenGLES changing this?

I compare my graphics on my Omnia II with the graphics on the HTC HD2. There are worlds between. Why is the graphics on the I8000 so bad?

Edited by DaMomnia

that might just be how the games are - winMo never really got good developer support for 3d games. Try flight commander or tower defense, they're both opengl and i believe won't run if opengl is not installed properly - use them as a benchmark.

Edited by qtilt

Guest DaMomnia

Okay I try it.

But there is something I don't understand, because the HTC HD2 has also WinMo and there are running this games.

For example Ferrari GT has got better gaphics as on the Omnia 2.

Guest Omega Ra
Okay I try it.

But there is something I don't understand, because the HTC HD2 has also WinMo and there are running this games.

For example Ferrari GT has got better gaphics as on the Omnia 2.

more ram, better gpu, better drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GinKage
We have found the sources for gles11 and gles20 for android. But they not work well.

Interesting find, these sources use an approach similar to mine (emulating fixed vertex pipeline with MANY shaders and conditional switching between them). It's very strange that Samsung didn't even try to adapt them for WinMo.

Anyway, even if I'll use these it won't work on i5700, because, you know, there's a different OS inside.

how is your Galaxy S ? tell us please that it works good and you can work on drivers for o2

Much better.

Although, to my surprise, there's still no official 6.5.3 firmware for O2, only test ones.

Still, I think I will be able to work on the project in a couple of weeks.

Can someone remind me what are the main issues ATM? (except for the low speed, I really can't do magic)

-white squares on new kernel from wm6.5.x ROMs (like je1, je3, jh2)

i think this ROMs are not test... they are updates for specific operators/country's (JH2 is for XEE branding)

install for example HTC Sense or SPB... and use for few minutes... on spb white squares are on 3D view and on HTC Sense on all opengl things (weather, picture tab, music tab, home tab with weather)

i can be you beta tester if you will :P i cook ROMs and i use only Sense :)