i8000 Samsung Messagebox

Ive created an istallation file that sets your samsung megssagebox looks, from now, all your messages (sms, mms, email) are in threated mode, its much better than the simple threated sms mode like in i900.

There is a bug in the samsung message layer at imap folders, the folders arent updated.

Now you can find a shotcut called Windows Mail on your program list, this is the default winfos message manager, you can set the imap folders with this, after the samsung layer will update your selected imap folders correctely!

This threated mode is totally differenf form the "threated sms for i8000 dll modification, and HCKU Inbox modification". That is nothing! That is for disabling extra usable functions in your pda. Please, do not use that, if you installed it, do a hardreset before you install this feature!

This installation file does not touch your syste settings! When you remove it from your device, it will auto reset the samsung messagebox's default setting to default!

Enjoy! :)

post-438044-1253522623_thumb.jpg

post-438044-1253523031_thumb.jpg

Samsung_Omnia_i8000_Samsung_Messagebox.cab

Edited by taril

Ive created an istallation file that sets your samsung megssagebox looks, from now, all your messages (sms, mms, email) are in threated mode, its much better than the simple threated sms mode like in i900.

There is a bug in the samsung message layer at imap folders, the folders arent updated.

Now you can find a shotcut called Windows Mail oin xour program list, this is the default winfos message manager, you can set the imap folders with this, after the samsung layer will update your selected imap folders correctely!

Enjoy! :)

thank u, looking forward to ur new 6.5 ROM :D

Guest FerdiBorbon

Taril, just a suggestion if its possible to show a thumbnail of a MMS, similar to the iphone, as also i would like the text a tad bigger than what youve got it set as, i tried changing the settings to enlarge the text, but it doesnt work, so im guessing youve tweaked it this way..

Thanks again.

Taril, just a suggestion if its possible to show a thumbnail of a MMS, similar to the iphone, as also i would like the text a tad bigger than what youve got it set as, i tried changing the settings to enlarge the text, but it doesnt work, so im guessing youve tweaked it this way..

Thanks again.

It is a bug of samsung message layer. I do hope samsung will fix these errors soon! Or someone else. :D :)

Edited by taril

Guest argoldst
i installed it. but i don't look anything change in my phone. who can show me how to install it ? thanks a lot

Same here. I installed the cab but nothing changed. I did do a soft reset after also.

Guest wakeupneo

Works fine on H3 rom. Thank you very much!

Just a small problem: In mails it groups messages from totaly different topics (sender is the same ofc), wich is strange to me.

Guest argoldst
Works fine on H3 rom. Thank you very much!

Just a small problem: In mails it groups messages from totaly different topics (sender is the same ofc), wich is strange to me.

I am running h5 and also mobile shell 3. Wonder if either is causing the problem. Any ideas?

I am running h5 and also mobile shell 3. Wonder if either is causing the problem. Any ideas?

SPB cause your problems! SPB suc*s alway, mix up the registry database without brain like the developers at SPB.

I suggest you to remove all of them.

I will create a setup for reverting back to original inbox layer.

Edited by taril

Guest argoldst
SPB cause your problems! SPB suc*s alway, mix up the registry database without brain like the developers at SPB.

I suggest you to remove all of them.

I will create a setup for reverting back to original inbox layer.

Can't argue that SB sucks but it is fast and sadly the touchwiz interface that samsung uses is VERY laggy and slow. But i have removed SB and will try your threaded chat. I would rather have lag but a decent threaded chat.

Does MMS still work with this cab?

UPDATE: I installed it and it works great. The only problem is it doesn't get rid of the "new message count". meaning, if you have a chat with 3 txt's, even after you open the chat window, your phone will still show you have 3 new messages. Is there any way to correct this?

Edited by argoldst

Can't argue that SB sucks but it is fast and sadly the touchwiz interface that samsung uses is VERY laggy and slow. But i have removed SB and will try your threaded chat. I would rather have lag but a decent threaded chat.

Does MMS still work with this cab?

It works, it does not change any apps, do not worry.

Guest mike-biker

In the old way on Omnia i900 were threaded SMS OK, even the earlier. But the big bug - functionless MMS, was obstruct. :) I tried this cab too. I have Spb Mobile Shell, and if i understood, there is a problem. :D But the same is on my Xperia, which was threaded SMS without problems. :D . I hate Touch Wizz and Spb Mobile Shell is one of the best system upgrade. Is any way, to have threaded SMS and MMS with this application? :P

In the old way on Omnia i900 were threaded SMS OK, even the earlier. But the big bug - functionless MMS, was obstruct. :) I tried this cab too. I have Spb Mobile Shell, and if i understood, there is a problem. :D But the same is on my Xperia, which was threaded SMS without problems. :D . I hate Touch Wizz and Spb Mobile Shell is one of the best system upgrade. Is any way, to have threaded SMS and MMS with this application? :P

If you have already set the "threated sms mode for omnia i8000" and changed the dll's in registry, you are did a big mistake! All the ppl!

This samsung layer has its unique threated function that different from microsofts threated sms!

I suggest you to hardreset you system to get the defaults!

Edited by taril

Guest ular_king

Thanx for the great threaded messaging. Is it possible to have the latest message on top rather than on the bottom. Everytime, i get a message on top of the 100+ message from the same number, I have to scroll like crazy to view it....

If you have already set the "threated sms mode for omnia i8000" and changed the dll's in registry, you are did a big mistake! All the ppl!

This samsung layer has its unique threated function that different from microsofts threated sms!

I suggest you to hardreset you system to get the defaults!

Hi Taril,

Great work on the threaded sms mode. I apreciate your work. I like to tinker with stuff to, and i know it takes a lot of time to create something good.

I made a backup of the registry settings so I suspect its possible to revert the settings by doing the oposite of what tacchan23 suggested in his post. I'm going to try this, i can always perform a hard reset if i need to. :)

Have a good day and the best wishes from Holland,

ganchan

Thanx for the great threaded messaging. Is it possible to have the latest message on top rather than on the bottom. Everytime, i get a message on top of the 100+ message from the same number, I have to scroll like crazy to view it....

Yes, this is a bug that should be reported to samsung. :)

Hi Taril,

Great work on the threaded sms mode. I apreciate your work. I like to tinker with stuff to, and i know it takes a lot of time to create something good.

I made a backup of the registry settings so I suspect its possible to revert the settings by doing the oposite of what tacchan23 suggested in his post. I'm going to try this, i can always perform a hard reset if i need to. :)

Have a good day and the best wishes from Holland,

ganchan

Its not threated sms, it threated inbox, that means you have threated sms, mms and email together!

I agree 100% it would be very very helpful

Also, it would be great if you could make a distiction visible between the person who sent the sms and your reply because it's kind of hard to see who sent what... (like color, or indentation/spacing or whatever)

But great work, thanks a lot

I agree 100% it would be very very helpful

Also, it would be great if you could make a distiction visible between the person who sent the sms and your reply because it's kind of hard to see who sent what... (like color, or indentation/spacing or whatever)

But great work, thanks a lot

Its an app by samsung, not by me, so report, suggest directly to samsung (korea/singapore)