Guide to Flashing using 32bit Vista/Windows 7 only

Guest KSTAN

Guest omniatoo
I can not roll back the driver what ever I try. I keep getting the message I already have the best (newest) driver :) Any suggestions? I'm using Vista....

Hi Chivas610

this step did my head my in for many hours but i finally managed to figure it out and as always its something small that you miss.

hope this helps

when you are in device manager under mobile devices right click on "Samsung MITs USB sync" and highlight "update driver software"

then click on "browse my computer for driver software"

then click on "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" and go to the location of the drivers.

(this is the step where i was getting it incorrect as i was going to the "browse" link and locating the drivers that way which causes windows

vista to say that you already have the correct drivers and not rolling back to v5 drivers)

you should now have the v5 drivers installed, let me know if you have any further issues and ill try and help, but once i fixed the v5 driver issue i was then able to update my rom to 6.5 on my omnia 2 via windows vista 32 bit after many many hours of trial and error

Guest muppetterror
Fixed the Mobile center, but get thsi in the log for downloading

[Error:0] USB no ack. Check ActiveSync. TimeOut:-1

i get the same please help

Guest abdelrahim

Thanks ... I have used Octans 2.14 with success to flash with an official ROM on vista 32 bit

GT-I8000_I8000NXXII9_I8000XEUII9_I8000XXII6_I8000XEUII9_XX_XEU

• 2 months later...
Guest MiRo31285

i made exactly what you are saying but mine octans 2.14 ompatibility has only windows xp sp2,not sp3.. how i can fix it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I think it is the same way as windows 7

Hi there speedfrog

Did you mean the proccess of flashing is the same?

Or that Windows 7 64 drivers would work on Vista 64 aswell?

Thanks in advance :lol:

Edited by Leeds

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide!

My problem is the detection of the phone by WM Device Center.

After installing the v5 driver, the phone is detected by WMDC anymore. If I switch back to v6.1, it is immediately detected. Same happens if I check (instead of uncheck) "Enable advanced network functionality". But in this two cases, I can't flash with octans (v 2.14).

Any ideas?

Win Vista Home Premium SP2

• 1 month later...
Guest panayiotisK

Hello

My phone is installed with the Samsung MITs USB Sync driver version 6.1.6965.0

When I try to update the driver to the CDMA_modem it says that my driver is up to date

can I still flsh my phone? how?

thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest icing160
Fixed the Mobile center, but get thsi in the log for downloading

[Error:0] USB no ack. Check ActiveSync. TimeOut:-1

Hey man,

maybe u shld chk ur Samsung MIT Usb sync driver version. it MUST be v5.0, not v6.1. I got stumped for a while too, since my driver kept displaying that it is already up to date at v6.1 (which means that u did not actually install v5.0 properly)

• 1 month later...