Enable Samsung default lock screen

Guest cezzarmicu
That's an easy one!

Place a shortcut of lockscreen.exe to your /windows/startup folder

hkcu -> software -> samsung -> lockscreen -> Lock (set to 2)

exit regedit -> reboot (if you want to avoid reboot just run once the lockscreen.exe and then It will work all the time)

press once the lock button

Tadaaaaa! :)

OK here comes a Bonus...

hklm -> software -> tecace -> PhotoAlbum -> Menu -> LockScreen (set to 1)

You can now set any picture as the LockScreen! ;)

SuGaRDaD

thanks B)

• 3 weeks later...
That's an easy one!

exit regedit -> reboot (if you want to avoid reboot just run once the lockscreen.exe and then It will work all the time)

Tadaaaaa! :)

OK here comes a Bonus...

You can now set any picture as the LockScreen! :)

SuGaRDaD

Hi, i did this and add the files attached in the thread and works fine. but i have one problem, the alarm not rings. Can some one help me with this.

Thanks and sorry for my ugly english.

Martin

Just drop these 2 files into your windows folder and it should work, make sure to backup the lockscreen.exe and the lockscreen.swf in there just in case, as I wasn't able to copy over the lockscreen.dll no matter what I did. This is the Verizon i920 version, which I prefer over the others as it displays emails, sms, and voicemails among other things on the lockscreen.

Hi, thanks for the files, it's working perfectly. But could you also upload the settingMain.exe and setting_l.exe?

Thanks!

Hi, i did this and add the files attached in the thread and works fine. but i have one problem, the alarm not rings. Can some one help me with this.

Thanks and sorry for my ugly english.

Martin

Same here, any suggestions?

I overslept today ;)'

Guest Rapid81
OK here comes a Bonus...

You can now set any picture as the LockScreen! ;)

SuGaRDaD

Hi!

There's any way to change just the lockscreen's background? Not the Samsung's lockscreen, the Windows lockscreen, that one with the slider.

THX!

• 3 weeks later...
THE ALARM..... stops 1secs. im gonna oversleep for midterms =\

you simply have to set the snooze mode (repeat 3 times every 1 min). The first time the alarm sounds for a second the following times the alarm sounds as usual. So not a big issue... :(

ps if you want the date in european mode you simply have to copy into windows folder the files suggested extracted from an european wm 6.1 i8000 version

hope this help :(

Edited by kibiwi

Guest lucienium

Anyway we can make this work with the Samsung S'skin Lock Application from the Samsung App store instead of S2U2? :-)

... Okay... I think I know how but I've no idea how to CAB it. I'll let you know how I did it and then someone would need to help me CAB it.

Edited by lucienium

• 1 month later...
Guest gallant_suri

Thanks to all those guys who uploaded lock.zip and added registry tweaks. I tried lock.zip on my Omnia II it's perfectly working. No issues.

Guest jeffrey2000

I tried the 'newer' (Samsung Default) lockscreen, left is the verizon i920 (uploaded by Steel Reign), right is default i8000 and can confirm it also works on the newer 6.5.5 rom [ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5 by Enrico988.

I can change the background picture but doens't display all notifications (see below). It displays the text: "NaN" and says I've got one blue 'something' I dunno what it is :P

post-346680-1270635314_thumb.png post-346680-1270638462_thumb.png

Anyone know how to get the other values working and tell me what's the last blue notification? (I don't have the i920 but i8000 maybe that's why).

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest bluhound
Just drop these 2 files into your windows folder and it should work, make sure to backup the lockscreen.exe and the lockscreen.swf in there just in case, as I wasn't able to copy over the lockscreen.dll no matter what I did. This is the Verizon i920 version, which I prefer over the others as it displays emails, sms, and voicemails among other things on the lockscreen.

That's an easy one!

Tadaaaaa! :P

OK here comes a Bonus...

You can now set any picture as the LockScreen! :(

SuGaRDaD

OK, I have made a cab file with the registry settings. Install to device and reboot. Lockscreen should work after that.

Tested on WM6.5.5 JC2.

samsunglockscreen.cab

*On first time the lockscreen has been invoked, the background will be black. Go to Photos -> (Select your picture) -> Set As -> Lock screen

Now I have a problem, on my phone the lockscreen does not show any notifications and calendar.

Guest jeffrey2000
Now I have a problem, on my phone the lockscreen does not show any notifications and calendar.

The default samsung i8000 lock only displays the amount of emails, new version displays other items (in both version the touchplayer works) but no calendar but it has the date is that what you mean? See my previous msg with both screens.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest bluhound

post-584433-1270639554_thumb.png

@jeffrey2000,

This is my lockscreen. It's from the same files provided by Steel Reign but it looks different from yours.

Even the lock words are different. Mine shows 'Touch to Unlock' instead of your 'Phone is locked'.

What I mean by calendar is the appointments. Does this lockscreen show appointments?

Edited by bluhound

Guest jeffrey2000
@jeffrey2000,

This is my lockscreen. It's from the same files provided by Steel Reign but it looks different from yours.

Even the lock words are different. Mine shows 'Touch to Unlock' instead of your 'Phone is locked'.

What I mean by calendar is the appointments. Does this lockscreen show appointments?

Both versions don't show appointments as I see now, strange about these differences do you have the i8000 or i920?

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest jeffrey2000
I have an i8000.

hmm strange, just noticed that I still had Tylwith's (s2u2) version installed, uninstalled both that and ur cab file, reinstalled yours, rebooted and got this after. But still dunno what's that blue icon :P

post-346680-1270641137_thumb.png

PDA: i80000XXJC1

CSC: i8000XENJB3

PHONE: i8000xxJB2

WiMo Build: 5.2.23550

OS Language is set on UK English but regional code to the Netherlands.

Update: If you have all notifications as 0/zero these icons are simply not displayed at all.

HINT: If someone can decompile and rebuild the flash file we can have the weather there on the lockscreen aswell!! Just input some code to download weather data and insert the graphics :(

------

@bluhound: Maybe you can update the "older" samsung lock settings aswell in ur cab so it's easier to the change backgrond :( like Tylwith's version had it also.

Or manualy drop the attached "settings_l.exe" file into Windows root and make a shortcut and drop it into "windows\Start Menu\programs"

and call it e.g. "Lock Settings" and then you can select the "wake up lock" to adjust the background (make sure to run the windows\startup\lockscreen.lnk file again (and/or reboot) to enable the Samsung Lockscreen again).

setting_l.exe

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest bluhound

When I opened lockscreen.swf (from Steel Reign's rar file) using Internet Explorer, this is what I get.

post-584433-1270643673_thumb.png

This is odd that my phone does not show the above format even if that file is already in \Windows.

PDA: i80000HZHJC2

CSC: i8000XEUJC1

PHONE: i8000XXJB2

CE OS 5.2.23550 (Build 23550.5.5.0)

I have tried to use setting_l.exe previously but it messes up with this specific registry key.

hkcu -> software -> samsung -> lockscreen -> Lock

My cab file sets it to 2 but after running setting_l.exe it sets the key to 1, which reverts back to WM's default lockscreen.

Guest jeffrey2000
When I opened lockscreen.swf (from Steel Reign's rar file) using Internet Explorer, this is what I get.

This is odd that my phone does not show the above format even if that file is already in \Windows.

I have tried to use setting_l.exe previously but it messes up with this specific registry key.

My cab file sets it to 2 but after running setting_l.exe it sets the key to 1, which reverts back to WM's default lockscreen.

Hmm yeah I noticed it now, dunno how it's working in Tylwith's version, probably S2U2 which changes the registry "HKCU\Software\Samsung\LockScreen\Lock" value to 2 right away.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest bluhound
hmm strange, just noticed that I still had Tylwith's (s2u2) version installed, uninstalled both that and ur cab file, reinstalled yours, rebooted and got this after. But still dunno what's that blue icon :P

post-346680-1270641137_thumb.png

PDA: i80000XXJC1

CSC: i8000XENJB3

PHONE: i8000xxJB2

WiMo Build: 5.2.23550

OS Language is set on UK English but regional code to the Netherlands.

Update: If you have all notifications as 0/zero these icons are simply not displayed at all.

HINT: If someone can decompile and rebuild the flash file we can have the weather there on the lockscreen aswell!! Just input some code to download weather data and insert the graphics :(

------

@bluhound: Maybe you can update the "older" samsung lock settings aswell in ur cab so it's easier to the change backgrond :( like Tylwith's version had it also.

Or manualy drop the attached "settings_l.exe" file into Windows root and make a shortcut and drop it into "windows\Start Menu\programs"

and call it e.g. "Lock Settings" and then you can select the "wake up lock" to adjust the background (make sure to run the windows\startup\lockscreen.lnk file again (and/or reboot) to enable the Samsung Lockscreen again).

setting_l.exe

Now I know what is that blue icon! I decompiled the swf file and found out that the blue icon is VVM.

Decompiled ActionScripts from lockscreen.swf:-

_root.p_Cover.p_IndicatorBottom.p_Type1.p_Call_Message.p_MsgInfo.TXT._visible = true;

_root.p_Cover.p_IndicatorBottom.p_Type1.p_Call_Message.p_CallInfo.TXT._visible = true;

_root.p_Cover.p_IndicatorBottom.p_Type1.p_Call_Message.p_EmailInfo.TXT._visible = true;

_root.p_Cover.p_IndicatorBottom.p_Type1.p_Call_Message.p_VVM.TXT._visible = true;

Googled VVM and it shows Verizon Visual Voice Mail.

Anyway, I have managed to show that lockscreen on my phone. I used Tylwith's Lockscreen.exe and Steel Reign's lockscreen.swf file. However, since the blue icon will always show up as 1, I think I'll stick with the previous lockscreen which shows notifications properly.

Edited by bluhound

Guest msra6la2

post-584433-1270643673_thumb.png

I use HZHJC2 stock rom and I can assure you this method doesn't work properly in HZHJC2.

Use Tylwith Samsung Lockscreen modification, it takes up about 4mb of RAM (1.02mb for S2u2.exe, 0.28 for ilock.exe, 1mb eaten up by S2U2 application at start-up, 1mb for tocuh radio skin and another mb for touch player skin, both of which were present in 6.1 lock screen)

Edited by msra6la2

Guest jeffrey2000

Tnx for the blue icon info, so it's redundant for people who are not on Verizon...

FYI: If you change the value: "HKCU\Software\Samsung\LockScreen\Lock\Clock" to 1 (big clock) or 2 (small clocK) the format will be changed. These registry changes are visual straight on the next lock event.

How's your flash knowledge? Do you know how to add stuff like weather update which needs weather graphics and some code (parse xml data to action script probably)?

Edited by jeffrey2000