Guide to flash on Windows 7

Guest sorg

Guest wiggy6230
I am facing problem on "Start Downloading".

After I click on Detect, "Download RAM size" shown.

Then, I switch off my phone.

But the "Start Downloading" word does not appear to black and allow me to click on it.

Do anyone have idea?

I am running on Windows 7 x32 and the driver is the latest now.

Hi,

Try this.

Confirm that:

The right driver is installed, the one from post 1.

Go to Windows Mobile Device Center/ Mobile Device Settings/ Connection Settings and check that "Allow Automatic Device Authentication" and "Allow data connections on device when connected to PC" are un-ticked.

On phone in Start/ Samsung Settings/General Settings/USB Connection "Enable advanced network functionality" is not sellected.

Load up Octans, click detect, turn phone off as you have been, if you do not get Start DownLoad (OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&96052ee&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}) on Octans and the Download mode screen on your phone, try, ONLY IF the phone is showing its on charge, unplugging it and plugging into another USB port or back into the same one.

I have done this a few times before the phone is detected, once it is and the Start Download Button is highlighted, I press it and place the phone down and dont touch anything untill the flash is completed.

I take no responsability for any damage that may happen to your unit. As Ive stated I have and do carry out this method when I flash.

Hope it helps,

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to say that I have made windows 7 x64 to work on my computer! It is a painful process to go through but it is worth it.. I would like to thanks sorg and deepower for teaching and providing all the help! I will also come out with my simple guide to allow all Win 7 x64 user to enjoy what I'm enjoying right now.

Instructions:

1. Restart your computer. At the boot screen, keep pressing F8 and you will be lead into the boot menu, select disable driver signature enforcement and click ok. (thanks to deepower)

2. Turn off phone, Connect USB cable, Click on Windows Start, click on Devices and printers

3. Select GT I8000, select hardware Tab, click properties, select driver tab.

4. Update Driver, select browse my computer for driver software, Click on 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

5. Select Have disk, select the directory where you have extracted the x64 driver and install from there. (thanks to sorg for the drivers)

6. After installation, switch on your phone.

7. Ensure your Octans is running in Win XP SP3 and you are good to go. Follow all the flashing ROM steps.

8. Click on Detect, Switch off your phone, the start download will be active. :)

note:

Please restart your computer everytime you need to flash the ROM to disable the signature driver enforcement.

Win7x64OmniaII.jpg

Hi

may i know what to do with "SAMSUNG_MODEM_4.34"? when to install this before loading in "disable driver signature enforcement" or after?

Thanks

I'm glad to say that I have made windows 7 x64 to work on my computer! It is a painful process to go through but it is worth it.. I would like to thanks sorg and deepower for teaching and providing all the help! I will also come out with my simple guide to allow all Win 7 x64 user to enjoy what I'm enjoying right now.

Instructions:

1. Restart your computer. At the boot screen, keep pressing F8 and you will be lead into the boot menu, select disable driver signature enforcement and click ok. (thanks to deepower)

2. Turn off phone, Connect USB cable, Click on Windows Start, click on Devices and printers

4. Update Driver, select browse my computer for driver software, Click on 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

5. Select Have disk, select the directory where you have extracted the x64 driver and install from there. (thanks to sorg for the drivers)

7. Ensure your Octans is running in Win XP SP3 and you are good to go. Follow all the flashing ROM steps.

8. Click on Detect, Switch off your phone, the start download will be active. :)

note:

Please restart your computer everytime you need to flash the ROM to disable the signature driver enforcement.

Win7x64OmniaII.jpg

thanks alot ur step it work on my windows 7 64 bits ^^

Instructions:

note:

Thank you, this solved my problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dj_suca

hello everyone,

i've tryed all but still the erro in attach,

i have windows 7 PTg with the phone of i get driver V5.... something, ok, start OCtans mini with the phone not connected, put nso and click on detect and them connect the phone to pc...

and 30 minutes after i got the same error.

post-615871-1262815901_thumb.jpg

post-615871-1262815909_thumb.jpg

hello!

ive installed the driver as told here (for W7), startet octans in xpsp3 compatibility mode, but the flash process doesn't start. in octans i guet the message:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&1d7a6375&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

nothing else happened...

i recognize that sometimes when i connect the handy (turned off) the yellow explanation mark apears in the device manager, than i have to reinstall the xp32 driver.

what can i try?

Edited by johho

Guest Dj_suca
hello!

ive installed the driver as told here (for W7), startet octans in xpsp3 compatibility mode, but the flash process doesn't start. in octans i guet the message:

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&1d7a6375&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

nothing else happened...

i recognize that sometimes when i connect the handy (turned off) the yellow explanation mark apears in the device manager, than i have to reinstall the xp32 driver.

what can i try?

i'm getting the same one...

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#c62a0200-3f71-0801-ec00-939261023231#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

post-615871-1262819998_thumb.jpg

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

Have tried exactly as stated above but can not get it to detect my device, on clicking detect nothing happens other than two lines of text opposite stating Win XP and download RAM size.

If I disconect the usb and reconnect it I get an error in the device manager statiing that the device cannot start and a yellow exclamation mark next to the Samsung MITs USB sync...please can someone help :)

UPDATE: Just flashed it in work on Win XP, all good first time...I now have a good reason to go to work :)

Edited by kersey

Guest chesterbro
Since i'm planning to move to Windows 7, i've tried OCTANS on one of my notebooks (Sony Vaio P90HS) with Win7.

It didn't take long time to figure out working method.

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

I've tried it by myself and it's 100% working.

If it's not working for you then you did something wrong. Check my guide again more precisely and correct your mistakes.

For x64 perverts, there is X64 driver attached. Guide is exactly the same, but i didn't test it because i hate to deal with MS signature checks. Only real perverters love Windows x64 and its signature hell :)

X64 driver is not signed, so have a nice sex with WinX64. I know you like it B)

for step 3 i get an error stating that the driver didnt install correctly. on step 4 i check device manager and of course, it doesnt show the Samsung MITs driver for me to update. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thank you,

ChesterBro

Guest macomnia

HELPLESS!!! I did unlock my i900 with some codes that I found, now I have my Omnia II but can't find a way to unlock(flash) the network. Can some one plz find some time in your life to explain it "unlock network for dummies" already much appreciated to anyone as I can see there is well trained people in here. P.D. if your sending downloads links, plz no rapidshare, I find much trouble downloading there thanx.

on PC windows Vista

on Omnia WM 6.1 English

Pda I8000LUBIH5

Csc I8000LCGUIH2

Phone I8000LWMIH2

Edited by macomnia

Hi,

I tried to follow guide, but when I connect my OMNIA II and update driver (xp x32): I've "USB error code 10"!

Is it normal? Can I start Octans?

thanks

Same here! Tried with Win 7 x64 and get the error code 10, can't start device, when I'm connecting my omnia2 (switched off).

Then I used WinXP SP3 in a VM with the same problem. The Mobile drivers for Win7x64 and the driver for WinXp allways get the same error.

Please help!

Guest Andrew Steele

I followed every instruction to a T and also did it two or three times to make sure, restarting the computer each time and installing the drivers each time.. still does not work.. the phone will power off and then after it looks as if OCTANS will detect it the phone goes to the charging screen and nothing happens.. check out the screen shot I have provided that is where it gets stuck.. ;)

post-459451-1265908057_thumb.jpg

Guest enrico988
I followed every instruction to a T and also did it two or three times to make sure, restarting the computer each time and installing the drivers each time.. still does not work.. the phone will power off and then after it looks as if OCTANS will detect it the phone goes to the charging screen and nothing happens.. check out the screen shot I have provided that is where it gets stuck.. :D

I suggest to disconnect internet while flashing. Because Windows Update will try as you turn off the phone, to update the WinXP-adapted MITs driver with the Seven's one.

So, with phone turned off, update manually the MITs driver with WinXp one, then close internet connection and boot your phone.

From here, same as the guide says:In octans, press detect, turn off phone, then, after wait some second, "start downloading" button will appear.

This worked for me, and hope also for you! ;)

Guest Andrew Steele
I suggest to disconnect internet while flashing. Because Windows Update will try as you turn off the phone, to update the WinXP-adapted MITs driver with the Seven's one.

So, with phone turned off, update manually the MITs driver with WinXp one, then close internet connection and boot your phone.

From here, same as the guide says:In octans, press detect, turn off phone, then, after wait some second, "start downloading" button will appear.

This worked for me, and hope also for you! ;)

Nope still did not work.. it like connects and then disconnects when its off after 5 seconds because then thats when the phone starts to charge.. not sure what to do really.. never had this issue with the Omnia 1 lol

Guest enrico988
Nope still did not work.. it like connects and then disconnects when its off after 5 seconds because then thats when the phone starts to charge.. not sure what to do really.. never had this issue with the Omnia 1 lol

Weird...

When you change the MITs (with turned off phone), you should have in driver details, version 4.xxxxx (XP version).

Do you confirm this?