Wifi problem

Guest AndyHamp

Hi,

i've just got my phone to how i like it ... but i now seem to have broken the wifi.

I'm running secany's J6 ROM. I'm running PointUI instead of touchwiz.

When i go into WiFi Settings and press the button to turn on wifi, it says searching and then stops... the button goes blue but it doesn't connect ...

Any ideas ?

Only thing i know i did was go through the progams in the Windows directory looking for useful utilities ... did i run something i shouldn't have ?

:D

Help ! ...

Andy

Guest Timerider

When i go into WiFi Settings and press the button to turn on wifi, it says searching and then stops... the button goes blue but it doesn't connect ...

The same happened to mine - with an unmodded i8000 :-( Any ideas anyone?

Guest mechcool

I have the same problem too... I was surfing and fiddling around with my newly upgraded (WM6.5) Omnia 2 when I noticed that the wallpaper was buggy (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/295125/bugs-you-would-like-samsung-to-fix/)

So, I just switched the phone off and on again... After that, the wireless doesn't seem to work anymore like the rest above.

Wonder if anyone have found a solution... Try not to hard reset lah... Already spent the whole day yesterday customising liao leh...

Guest awarner (MVP)

If you have tried changing your homescreen theme or UI by installing one you have downloaded try uninstalling it then reboot the device and see if WiFi can now be activated again otherwise check any other recently installed applications.

This happened to me and now my WiFi is up and running again after removed the cause.

Guest markwica
If you have tried changing your homescreen theme or UI by installing one you have downloaded try uninstalling it then reboot the device and see if WiFi can now be activated again otherwise check any other recently installed applications.

This happened to me and now my WiFi is up and running again after removed the cause.

Hi,

this happened to me after I installed skype. After deinstalling skype and softreset wifi worked again.

Do you have skype installed?

Guest crasy666

I have the same problem, that WIFI is sometimes "not available", it is also not present on the conntection Manager.

I have installed Skype, but it works, if I reboot the device (sometimes more that one time)

But I have not uninstalled Skype, I like, it, since the Original VoIP client is not very comfortable (compared to the one in my Nokia N82, where you can select if you do the call over IP or normal cell phone network).

btw. I have a German device with Original WM6.5:

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000DBTII9

Telefon I9000XXII6

WM: 6.5 build 21856.5.0.65

not so much Progs. installed: NoData, Garmin XT, Sykpe, Fring, Orientation Detection, SPB Shell.

But this bug has occurred since the very beginning, so at least Orientaiton Detection and SPB couldn't be the root cause of the issue

Guest mechcool

The only theme that I changed was what the phone has available. UI wise, I was using the default Samsung Touchwiz. Will try to figure out and keep u guys updated. Meanwhile. Guys, please try to figure out too, to help each other :-)

Guest mechcool

No choice but to hard reset... Got everything back already... Do exactly what I did before. Except for OFF/ON with Wifi connected and Advanced clean with SKTools.

I suspect it could be due to SKTools... Good Luck guys...

No choice but to hard reset... Got everything back already... Do exactly what I did before. Except for OFF/ON with Wifi connected and Advanced clean with SKTools.

I suspect it could be due to SKTools... Good Luck guys...

Here the same problem with different 6.5 roms (the last 4 Secany's roms) recently i was watching youtube (with wi fi) when finish i run sktools to clean, Then soft reset and wi fi dissappears???????. Menwhile I am reading this tread and uninstalled skype (i installed it Saturday night 48 hs before), then sk tools to clean and a soft reset and wi fi appears. In other rom the same I uninstalle Spb Shell and installed again and wi fi appears. I dont undersatand.

Sorry my poor English

Carlos

Guest pdaphonemaster

I flashed to Secany's IJ 9 and started to experience this problem of WIFI disappearing. So far I identified the follwoign problems that seem to cause this.

Magic button

Wktask

SK tools (all recent versions)

SPB traveller

There may be more...

Unistalling these resurrected WIFI. Maybe these programs need to be updated to 6.5 and may not necessarily be a fault with the Samsung rom.

Edited by pdaphonemaster

Guest Wilson@China

Regarding the WiFi unstable issue, so far no any certain reason yet. But with differnt software installation, the occurance is different significantly. From my experience, the GpsGate ans SKTools is the major contributor of WiFi missing.

I didn't install GpsGate and SKTools after the recent flashing, there is still chance see WiFi missing, but it's much less occurance compared with those software installed. To resolve it, no need hard reset, but most of time, soft reset is enough.

Edited by Wilson@China

Here the same problem with different 6.5 roms (the last 4 Secany's roms) recently i was watching youtube (with wi fi) when finish i run sktools to clean, Then soft reset and wi fi dissappears???????. Menwhile I am reading this tread and uninstalled skype (i installed it Saturday night 48 hs before), then sk tools to clean and a soft reset and wi fi appears. In other rom the same I uninstalle Spb Shell and installed again and wi fi appears. I dont undersatand.

Sorry my poor English

Carlos

After I mentioned in my previous post, I made a register optimization with sktoos, soft reset and then disappeared again wi-fi. I tried a soft reset again and did not appear. I went to sleep. In the morning I turn on Wi Fi and it worked. I really do not understand that these errors. Greetings

CArlos

Guest pdaphonemaster
I flashed to Secany's IJ 9 and started to experience this problem of WIFI disappearing. So far I identified the follwoign problems that seem to cause this.

Magic button

Wktask

SK tools (all recent versions)

SPB traveller

There may be more...

Unistalling these resurrected WIFI. Maybe these programs need to be updated to 6.5 and may not necessarily be a fault with the Samsung rom.

I spoke too soon. WIFI is gone again and no amount of resets would bring it back. This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be the public release version of 6.5 (IJ9).

I am going back to 6.1

Again the problem But:

With SK tools i go to

Optimeze

Action

Performance (Check)

then optimeze and appears wi fi

Then I check the same but

Stability instead of Performance

And dissapears wi fi

Again the first step and appears again wi fi

May be this the problem??

Sorry for my english

Carlos

Question which can help us find reason of problem:

How many processes (not tasks) executed on your device if you have problem with WiFi?

You can check it in standard task manager (menu->view->processes) or in SKTools->Processes.

Guys,

Notice that this only happens in Wim6.5 ? If you had done the tweak to Enable SMS Threading, the Wifi is gone after the soft reset...This is my scenario...The very minute u disable back the "Enable SMS Threading"...and soft reset...the Wifi is back.

Can anyone confirm ?

Guest vsanzbajo
Guys,

Notice that this only happens in Wim6.5 ? If you had done the tweak to Enable SMS Threading, the Wifi is gone after the soft reset...This is my scenario...The very minute u disable back the "Enable SMS Threading"...and soft reset...the Wifi is back.

Can anyone confirm ?

Can smeone please fix this annoying problem with the WIFI dissapearing.

Thanks

Guest CrazyDr

I can confirm that my Wifi inside the Connectionmanager is gone! Sometimes it´s after free Ram or soft reset and now without any reason.

Sometime is comming back after soft reset and sometimes it needs to take out my battery for 1min but it still gone :-(

I have the problem with i8000XXIJ6 and I8000NXXIJ9 (secany's ROM)

Can you help me ?

THKS

Guest dgmorland
I can confirm that my Wifi inside the Connectionmanager is gone! Sometimes it´s after free Ram or soft reset and now without any reason.

Sometime is comming back after soft reset and sometimes it needs to take out my battery for 1min but it still gone :-(

Can you help me ?

THKS

Try the solution in post #4 in this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...rtial-solution/

Guest CrazyDr

Can you help me ?

THKS

Thanks!

The problem is SKTools.

I use now Advanced Configuration Tool and I have no more problems.

Edited by CrazyDr

Guest silvos3189

happens to me after I softreset... But i usually fix it if I go to Settings, Network Settings, Wifi then press that thing to turn it on... THEN i do my soft reset and it always restarted back with my wifi showing on the Connections Manager thing again and works too.

• 1 month later...
Guest DAYAN - BRAZIL

Hi people! This is my first post here!

Well... I had the same trouble with my omnia 2 using the WM6.5 pro original, just like it came from the seller. Yersterday i spent many hours srfing the web and tested many soluctions.

I just have to say that, using the phone for almost 3 days, my wifi was ok, too much better than others i had before. I didn't install SKTOOLS, so, this was not the caus of my trouble.

I justa installed w few gps apps but, even after uninstall all that GPS stuff, wifi didn't came back. It simply disappear from may connections settings like happened for the most of you all.

I tried the soluction over th widget (the soluction for omnia i900) that seams to work for many people, that consists basically in shut down the phone while the widget is trying to enable WIFI. For me, nothing happened. (tried 4 times)

But i found something that i think cans solve, even just by this moment, the problem.

I download sktool (evaluation) from the sk tools website and a just changed some parameters of the wifi. Something like to add one second to the wifi delay after boot, and i enabled G support for wifi too... When restarted, wifi was ok and there goes 24 hours without troubles.

I think it may be a windows problem (like always is...) and "probably" just the effect of changing anything makes the windows "wake up" to see the wifi again. i'll try it again if my wifi goes "invisible" again.

And then ill post here.

I just have to ask for everyone who tried this and even other soluctuons, succeeded or not, please tell your experience here.

Since samsung nor microsoft will take care of it, lets do it by ourselves...

Sorry about my poor english (im Brazilian)

Best regards and merry christmas everybody!!!!!

Guest DAYAN - BRAZIL
Hi people! This is my first post here!

Well... I had the same trouble with my omnia 2 using the WM6.5 pro original, just like it came from the seller. Yersterday i spent many hours srfing the web and tested many soluctions.

I just have to say that, using the phone for almost 3 days, my wifi was ok, too much better than others i had before. I didn't install SKTOOLS, so, this was not the caus of my trouble.

I justa installed w few gps apps but, even after uninstall all that GPS stuff, wifi didn't came back. It simply disappear from may connections settings like happened for the most of you all.

I tried the soluction over th widget (the soluction for omnia i900) that seams to work for many people, that consists basically in shut down the phone while the widget is trying to enable WIFI. For me, nothing happened. (tried 4 times)

But i found something that i think cans solve, even just by this moment, the problem.

I download sktool (evaluation) from the sk tools website and a just changed some parameters of the wifi. Something like to add one second to the wifi delay after boot, and i enabled G support for wifi too... When restarted, wifi was ok and there goes 24 hours without troubles.

I think it may be a windows problem (like always is...) and "probably" just the effect of changing anything makes the windows "wake up" to see the wifi again. i'll try it again if my wifi goes "invisible" again.

And then ill post here.

I just have to ask for everyone who tried this and even other soluctuons, succeeded or not, please tell your experience here.

Since samsung nor microsoft will take care of it, lets do it by ourselves...

Sorry about my poor english (im Brazilian)

Best regards and merry christmas everybody!!!!!

HI! It's me again!

Well, the wifi came on and off for all those days (in my Samsung OMNIA II i8000) since i posted here. But i discovered that it only happens when the phone is restarted... So, when you restart again, it will probably come back. If don't come back, try restart again, and agian, and again... It comes back! Belive, it will... It's working for me righ now.

Interesting - the wifi (in my particular case) never had any problem after it is able to be loaded together with windows. I think it won't be disabled after it starts correctly. So, the problem must be at the time it is "plugged in" at the windows... because, after it is loaded in the system, it works without problems. The risk is when you restart... And i have to comment that have a very good signal, catching wifi signal with the same power that my laptop can do. (dell vostro 1510)

Interesting 2 - I found that any changes i do over caonfigurations, or trying the widget trick, or sktools registry editing, independent of what i do, the wifi hardware works, or not, kinda "randomly", everytime i restart my Omnia II. It's like the "lotto"... LOL...

I think in a few days or months microsoft must release a fix... This means to be not a big problem...

I'm still VEEEEERY happy with the omnia II, is a wonderful phone (i can't even call it by phone, because it's tooooooo much more than that). The camera is "no words to describe", the SO works fastly, never freezing, the ammoount of APPS and tweaks is infinite, and 99% you find for free at the web. I still don't understand how people can buy iphones... The power of propaganda still shocks me everyday... I think someday they will sell a white acrilic bar, whit an aplle printed, called "i-poo", and people will pay 500 bucks for it. Just because it's "cool", "fashion"... Oh god... Human being sucks... LOL...

Best regars for you all and merry christmas!

Guest domini angelus

I’ve read on another topic of this forum that Opera Mobile 10 could be a possible source of the problem (yeah.... it has a very strange behavior and I suspect it could be caused by more than one app). One guy was complaining it was the third time he was browsing (via wifi) when his phone lost the settings after a freeze. I remember losing my wifi settings once after browsing with Opera via wifi. After a hard reset I only installed SKTools, tried to change some configurations and nothing happened. Wifi is still there.

O2 is a great smartphone, I love its camera, but problems like this and the few amount of free memory, increase my interest in future good Android devices (I hope new ROM’s, like Kuanchai’s www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-gsm-rom-discussion/298087/rom-wm-6-5-3-i8000-rom-with-bt-voice-dialing-thai-eng-version, do a better job in free RAM memory).

Sorry for my bad English. Greetings from Brazil.

Edited by domini angelus