09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest escudo
Hi.

I've just installed this ROM but whenever i go to the screen on the left and then try to swipe back it says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Pleasee try again".

Is there a way around this or will i just have to not use the screen on the left?

Hey man. I had exactly the same earlier today. Problem is that i went from Tmob verson to this Vanilla style version and didnt wipe the phone. @ that point it wanted to show the Tmob widget on the left screen. Ocasionally this Vanilla rom does not have these tmob widgets, but still it is trying to show it.(Since you did not wipe the phone, i guess it reminds everything and places it to the original place)

What i did to solve the problem:

Wipe the phone and reinstall the rom. Then i had this problem which i posted right above this post. Which is odd....

Guest h3dshot
I already have, i wiped the phone before flashing this rom all the widgets are the ones that are built into the rom, every time wifi is disabled or i put the phone in standby and wifi goes into standby it keeps trying to connect via a data connection, i dont have the money to top my phone up and its incredibly annoying having to press ok to about 20+ messages saying i need to top up to use data connection.

If i disable data i get an annoying icon in the top bar telling me data is off and then it wont let me use android market over wifi if background data is disabled.

This doesnt happen with the stock December update T-Mobile rom.

Is there any way of stopping this?

I dont want to have to go back to T-Mobile rom i prefer the stock android look.

erm hi, i have the vanilla rom and my phone lets me do whatever using wifi or data service, i dont need to have data service on to connect to market.

but then again most of the time i do cos i have that £10 a month topup thing where it gives unlimited internet and texts for the next month, maybe you should look into that?

only advice i can give is to reformat(wipe) your phone again :)

Guest JohnPorter

hi guys,

i've got the vanilla 1.7 rom installed and my phone is working okay. i just want to know how to tell if ap2sd is installed an working correctly?

Guest ogiogi
hi guys,

i've got the vanilla 1.7 rom installed and my phone is working okay. i just want to know how to tell if ap2sd is installed an working correctly?

See how much internal storage space you have free. Then install some apps and see if it will change.

Guest bas-r

Does anybody know what will happen with A2SD when I don't have an EXT partition?

Will it just install apps on the phone memory, and more importantly, will it NOT need the ext-cleaning from recovery after a reboot?

This is, because I'm giving the Pulse to my GF, and I know she won't be installing loads of apps, and I don't want to burden her to go into recovery and repair the EXT partition after a reboot.

Guest ogiogi
Does anybody know what will happen with A2SD when I don't have an EXT partition?

Will it just install apps on the phone memory, and more importantly, will it NOT need the ext-cleaning from recovery after a reboot?

This is, because I'm giving the Pulse to my GF, and I know she won't be installing loads of apps, and I don't want to burden her to go into recovery and repair the EXT partition after a reboot.

If u don't create the EXT partition, the apps will be installed on the phone memory, and no ext repair after restart :).

• 2 months later...
Guest TobiasFP
I've been using R6 (both with Apps2SD and without), and I'm experience loads of "force closes" and reboots. Not sure why as other users don't seem to be experiencing this many problems.

For example:

- Android Core and Voice Search crash on every startup (including first)

- Setup Wizard crashes and restarts (although it does remember my Google login)

- Everytime I unlock the phone, I get an "Android Core" and "Voice Search" force close

- The phone reboots every 5 to 20 minutes

- Random force closes involving "Dictionary", "Input Methods"

When I installed (both Apps2SD and without) ROMS, I use the following process:

- Reboot into recovery

- Perform Nandroid Backup

- Enable USB Mode

- Copy Nandroid backup to PC

- Wipe System (Factory Reset)

- Wipe Dalvik Cache

- Wipe SD:EXT

- Partition ("0 Swap, 0 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Non Apps2SD version, "0 Swap, 512 EXT2, Remaining FAT" for Apps2SD version

- Enable USB Mode

- Copy ROM image to SD FAT partition via USB

- Flash ROM

- Using ADB, create the SD mount point (optional step if using Apps2SD)

- Reboot using recovery mode "Reboot" option

Apart from random reboots (when phone is idle, e.g. no user input), I experience reboots when performing the following operations:

- Immediately after voice input returns the processed text from their servers

- After reading an email (not Gmail, but IMAP configured email account)

- Occasionally after unlocking the phone after it has been asleep

I've had more stability with the Non Apps2SD version. I have not installed any other applications (from the market or unknown sources).

I understand this is a beta version, so not a complaint, but thought I'd share my experiences so far.

Cheers,

Louis

+1

I also hace the problem that sometimes when in terminal (any terminal, BTE, Terminal, etc), it almost always crashes.. Not just when su´ing.

• 8 months later...
Guest SweetAdii

Thanks for this good work man

My Huawei 8230 was almost dead but when i install your rom it alive again lolz but i face one problem touchscreen is not working on my mobile plz help

reply ASAP

Thanks in advance

Adnan

• 5 months later...
Guest darkdevil1

Does anyone still have this file and is willing to upload it somewhere? The link in the OP 404s and the link posted above also... :(

Desperately tried using Google but all sites seem to point to the romraid mirror that isn't available any more.

After messing around with all sorts of roms since I got my pulse a few years back, I still find this rom runs faster and more stable than any other rom out there (without A2SD). Granted, it's only android 1.5, but my mom doesn't mind ;)

Edited by darkdevil1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...