Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest advancedpcs

The screen brightness seems to work fine (auto or manual) until the phone switches off (power saver/standby) or we press the power button. When the phones comes back out of standby the brightness is static at 50% :) Only way to bring it back properly is a reboot B)

Other than that, great ROM!

On another note, does anyone know if the newest M2D (TouchFLO) v2.5 is available to us yet?

Edited by advancedpcs

Guest Atreidhs
Have u tried fingerkeyboard Atreidhs? I'm not entirely sure, but that might be able to type in greek.

Thank you Natsirt!!!

I am already using fingerkeyb!!!

:) B)

Guest George_red_storm
@George_red_storm: To answer you: no. But why do you need a cab when it's already in rom?

Because i install taskbar with 1% battery drive and i don't like! I want your beautiful taskbar back.

Guest demented1

hi steph... nice rom (steff195_i900_6.5.3_28205) i have a small problem though..... when i touch picture in today screen it says "the file pic004 cannot be opened. either its not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cant be found. try reinstalling or restoring this file"?? yet if i touch all photo's at the bottom it goes to my pictures and opens then fine... what dya recon is going on? cheers

Edited by demented1

Guest PTKTheBest
Steff: Thank you, its a brilliant rom and the first one that I felt comfortable with when flashing my omnia to 6.5.x.

There was one thing though - 6.5 felt much more sluggish than 6.1 (something Microsoft would probably call a "feature", :) ). Part of the reason for this I felt, was the response from the touch screen (especially the dialer). I found a reg tweak posted at samsung-omnia.org which helped greatly:

Go to [HKLM/System/GWE/Touch/Filter] and reduce the value for the DWORD MinimumTapTime - (default was 0x28). Soft reset.

I've set it to 0x2 (binary "2") and it works well. Of course if anyone has more wisdom on this it would be appreciated, but I hope that helps anyone suffering from a similar issue.

I love you! This is good FIX =D

Guest smittybob

Hi steff first time flasher awesome rom but i noticed a bug after you shoot video you cannot review it the camera just shuts off,

any ideas?

other then that fantastic work thanks heaps :)

Guest codo2003

Hi Steff

This is a good rom as I am testing it for 3 days, also Arabic is working with it well.

BUT I can not active sync with windows 7, it is not detecting and not charging the battry.

In storage mode it is charging the battery.

Any Help Please....

Guest xiaocb
@aguditu: don't know man, I'm an amateur in this, maybe you should contact a professional. But I remembered I've flashed DXHJ1 first and then install the preffered rom. Search this forum and give it a try. You don't have anything to lose anyway...

@George_red_storm: To answer you: no. But why do you need a cab when it's already in rom?

@xiaocb: I'm satisfied with the battery life on my roms, the battery lasts as the original DXIA5 rom... I use the Normal version.

Now, about that problem with ringing, you have to put some files (mp2, wav...) into My Storage directly and then go to Sound settings and select it from the list. Original files have been removed by me, and that's why the phone doesn't know which file to play when receiving a cal...

@Natsirt: I also consider that the Normal version consumes less power as it has more free ram than the M2D version. It's normal to act this way. :)

@advancedpcs: I would be delighted if you mirrored my rom files. But only if you say it's easier for everybody to download, otherwise it's pointless. B) Thanks!46

EDIT: updated the first post with new mirros provided by advancedpcs. Thanks again!

hi Steff thanks I give a try again on the rom and i going to test all ur build see which one suit me xD

Guest rayghost
I recommend using VMWare Workstation , because it has an auto-activate USB function . In Virtual PC , it does not automatically activate de USB connection in the virtual machine so after the restart of the Omnia , the phone will connect to the host computer, not the virtual machine running the update software.

I followed your recommendations and it works, thanks a lot, now I don't have to use a XP machine anymore

Guest ColdWindR

One question. When he says "removed FM Radio, does this mean he disables the mobile from hearing the radio? I know it's a silly question but listening to fm radio is pretty nice when you want some fresh music :|

Guest AnhPhe
May i know where i can open the 'Task'?

Also is there any video available in this ROM? Or any cab to install it with?

Thanks! :)

Remove app task in Rom!

Guest aguditu

i manage to resolve the flashing prob with grandprix but new prob ocured :)))

when i try to turn on the phone func it won`t turn on. i tryed several times uninstaling SMD & act sync but nothing. B) ((

when i try to install the phone.bin it wont work can`t open the port

Downloading PHONE...

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

KW.KIM Create retry(25)

KW.KIM Create retry(24)

KW.KIM Create retry(2)

KW.KIM Create retry(1)

KW.KIM Create retry(0)

Download failed!!

trying to open port 0 , can i change or choose which port to open ??

Version : PDA : I900DXHL2/DXIA5

PHONE : DXIA5

HELPPP MEEE PLZZZ

Guest Teo BTK

Hello, I've flashed to your ROM too last night, it works fine, except one major problem: I can't get the phone to ring, it only vibrates when there is an incoming call. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Regards, TEO

Guest steff195

23518Normal/M2Dv2 RELEASED... see first post. :)

If anyone wanna help with mirrors... I'll update the links.

@Teo BTK: see the tips on the first post... on the last build.

Edited by steff195