Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Hi Steff195,

Once again excellent work and my phone appears to be a lot faster now??...Would like to ask please.

Do you by any chance have the latest orignal samsung files for this phone or do you no where I could get them please. At some stage I will probs sell this phone but obviously dont want to sell it with a cooked rom (not that theres anything wrong with them...Only thing is I wish I could do one). You no what some people are like....

The other thing I would like ask please!...

Is there a screen to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. Its just sometimes I have to press the screen quite hard for it to react.....

Do you no if anyone has cracked windows 7 for these phones...My next phone will probs be windows 7 so it would be good to have a play before I get stuck with one....

Sorry for all the questions.....Keep up the good work. Ill make a donation at the end of the month...Your hard work is very much appreciated..

Best Regards,

Kev :huh: :D

If your using these roms then they're windows mobile 6.5 which are all cooked roms as there was never an official release for the i900. Your best bet is to search for an original 6.1 rom if you want it in the original state to sell.

As for windows 7 it never has and never will be available for the omnia. Best thing to do is go to a store where they have a demo phone set up and give it a try. Becareful you wont want to go home without the phone! :P

Guest melburnian
If your using these roms then they're windows mobile 6.5 which are all cooked roms as there was never an official release for the i900. Your best bet is to search for an original 6.1 rom if you want it in the original state to sell.

As for windows 7 it never has and never will be available for the omnia. Best thing to do is go to a store where they have a demo phone set up and give it a try. Becareful you wont want to go home without the phone! :D

Hey Sb,

Do I heard that warning from a guy that has gone Win7??? :D

Hello,

Out of all problems from internet/mms not working to SmartLock not responding/freeze locking the device, I'm down to one last problem that is driving me crazy.

It's the warning window when you take a picture with your camera and choose to send it as a mms, if the resolution is too big, it should ask you if you want to resize the image to a smaller format, but the window's empty and you have to click yes blindly since the buttons don't show ether. I figure this is a template problem, since the buttons show when you choose the "Classic Blue" theme, but the text and the icon next to the text are just black squares... Is there a theme out there that doesn't have this problem?

using 21686 Lite v2.0. rom. But it's the same with the Normal version and I can't remember any windows mobile 6.5 rom that I tried that didn't have this problem.

And I apologies if someone already answered this somewhere, I couldn't find it. :huh:

HI! I'm new here, so sorry if bugging:)

Since I got an i900 I've flashed it with the 21686 v2.0 normal and... everything is just perfect except for...

I GOT A PROBLEM WITH WIFI

When i turn it on, it connects to the router but the internet doesn't work! and it happens only with certain acces points but it wasn't happenning before flashing.

Any solution for this? It's quite annoying:/

Thanks in advance! :huh:

Edited by trybi

Guest nikkodonatte
HI! I'm new here, so sorry if bugging:)

Since I got an i900 I've flashed it with the 21686 v2.0 normal and... everything is just perfect except for...

I GOT A PROBLEM WITH WIFI

When i turn it on, it connects to the router but the internet doesn't work! and it happens only with certain acces points but it wasn't happenning before flashing.

Any solution for this? It's quite annoying:/

Thanks in advance! :huh:

Try changing to another operator, wait 20 sec. and return to yours. That may correct your problem.

To do that: Start ---> Settings ----> Personal -----> Phone ----> Network Tab ----> Change Automatic to Manual (The phone will serch availables networks) select a diferent one from yours. Wait 20 sec. an then return to your operator.

Done!!!!

Hi all,

I've never flash my i900 phone because I've got it since 1 week :huh:

I've got a question about flash operation : is it necessary to flash the boot part (eboot.nbo) to use this release?

I've read in the i900 modaco forum the eboot part is a sensitive one which could brick the phone.

Thanks for yours replys!!

Hey Sb,

Do I heard that warning from a guy that has gone Win7??? :huh:

LOL, yeah I've finally crossed to the other side. Got a brand new i917 focus for $330. Omnia i900 are going for $275!!! Who wouldn't cross over for that price??

Guest trybi
Try changing to another operator, wait 20 sec. and return to yours. That may correct your problem.

To do that: Start ---> Settings ----> Personal -----> Phone ----> Network Tab ----> Change Automatic to Manual (The phone will serch availables networks) select a diferent one from yours. Wait 20 sec. an then return to your operator.

Done!!!!

Thanx mate:) worked for me :(

Cheerz!

EDIT

My grandma use to say "dont bless the day before the sundown"

YES, changing helpes... for about a minute before internet stopes working again, though still being connected to the router:/

any other solution?

Edited by trybi

Guest kkalkan

rums that can easily be good to ... 6.5 rums and scratches but the phone. istuyorum these days, but to go back to Roman ofical ofical romlarda bird unnecessary practice very little memory. Please be so kind ofical duzenleyebilirmisiniz rum. Can you romlarinizda and programs that the normal practice? tanks...

Guest kkalkan

rums that can easily be good to ... 6.5 rums and scratches but the phone. istuyorum these days, but to go back to Roman ofical ofical romlarda bird unnecessary practice very little memory. Please be so kind ofical duzenleyebilirmisiniz rum. Can you romlarinizda and programs that the normal practice? tanks... Sorry dictionary kulaniyorum ... There are shortcomings, but ...

Guest svallentinn

salut stefan.

stii cumva cum pot salva actualul rom inainte sa pun unul din cele puse in primul post?

i900 cu xfhj1

multumesc :(

Guest Pigot

Hi everyone,

I'm using 21686 Normal for some weeks now, everything is close to perfect, except the Samsung Keybord. I've tried selecting 'french' as it's my native language, but the key distribution remain standard qwerty english but it's works... except in Google Maps. When I try to type any word in the search field, the program freeze, and I have to reset my device.

Does anyone of you, has already seen such behaviour?

I've installed Samsung Keyboard 'Lite Edition' and it works with no trouble (except, i've now two Samsung Keybord on the same device :) )

So, the question:

Is there any means to fully replace Samsung Keyboard by Samsung Keyboard Lite? ('guess not...) :(

And this part to Steph, why not including the Samsung Keyboard Lite Editon (it's really multilanguage), or no Samsung Keyboard at all..? :(

Regs, Thierry

Guest steff195
salut stefan.

stii cumva cum pot salva actualul rom inainte sa pun unul din cele puse in primul post?

i900 cu xfhj1

multumesc :(

You can't. You'll have to flash your previous rom again.

steff , it has been long time since you post new rom , i like your work , it is smooth

any news about a new rom

I could release a new rom... I'm just waiting for a good build, better than the actual one. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm using 21686 Normal for some weeks now, everything is close to perfect, except the Samsung Keybord. I've tried selecting 'french' as it's my native language, but the key distribution remain standard qwerty english but it's works... except in Google Maps. When I try to type any word in the search field, the program freeze, and I have to reset my device.

Does anyone of you, has already seen such behaviour?

I've installed Samsung Keyboard 'Lite Edition' and it works with no trouble (except, i've now two Samsung Keybord on the same device ;) )

So, the question:

Is there any means to fully replace Samsung Keyboard by Samsung Keyboard Lite? ('guess not...) :(

And this part to Steph, why not including the Samsung Keyboard Lite Editon (it's really multilanguage), or no Samsung Keyboard at all..? ;)

Regs, Thierry

If you don't want the keyboard, there is the Lite version of the rom, which doesn't include it. Regarding that Lite keyboard edition, you mean the Omnia Lite one, or a modified Lite version of the actual one? Tell me more, eventually provide a link, and I'll see what I can do.

Guest seisman

steff , can you have a look on the android 2,2 on omnia , this will be big step forward , and you will one of kind to have rom having android on i900

Guest steff195
steff , can you have a look on the android 2,2 on omnia , this will be big step forward , and you will one of kind to have rom having android on i900

I took a look but it seems that it's not worthy. But here's a tip for you, as I saw you're so eager to have Android on Omnia. You can make your Omnia to look android-ish yourself: just grab one of the taskbars available somewhere on this forum and after that go to your /Windows folder and scroll to Start_Icon.. pictures . Copy all of them to your pc and then look for Android icons to replace each one of them. After you're done, drop them to /Windows again and replace the actual one. I would have done this myself but I didn't find the whole set of icons. Aaa... and find a wallpaper that you like to ensure the background. :D

Now... since new builds started to come out again, I cooked for you guys a new build from 216xx branch, as it seems to be the best to me. So, I present to you the 21689 one. Enjoy! :(

Guest potato8810

hello,any body up 21689 normal to mediafire link,please :( ,i cant download in rapidshare link :D , sorry my english

Edited by potato8810

Guest dragonmatahari
........Now... since new builds started to come out again, I cooked for you guys a new build from 216xx branch, as it seems to be the best to me. So, I present to you the 21689 one. Enjoy! :D

thanks a million for update chef..

p.s: always been around here silently :(

Guest ignatious

Hi, its been 2 yrs since i flashed my i900.

How do i flash the 3 part rom in Win7? grand prix? Octans?

Is there are tutorial anywhere?

Thnx for any help

Ig