Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

As I promised today I released v2.0 of the 21686 roms. You'll find them in the 1st post.

Video calls added and I also added the Omnia Lite dialer, for the whole thing to be complete, although I said I wouldn't. But I thought if I let you install the dialer by yourself some of you might encounter problems, the video calls still wouldn't work, so I cooked it in at the sacrifice of about 7mbs.

Enjoy while it lasts! ;)

Guest xeonic17

Hey steff, i am a tight fan of ur roms. especially 21683 is my favourite but could u plz add the turkish xt9 keyboard for turkish users like me? thanks in advance.

Edited by xeonic17

Hi Steff,

I have tested your first version of the 21686 rom. It was really nice ROM with very good battery life. Since my omnia is already more than 2 years old, the battery is important to me. I've used a lot m2dv2 but seems that it consumes a lot of the battery life /including on my favourite 6.1 rom/ ;) What interface do you use on 21686 and is it good for battery? I think that you mentioned before that you are WAD fan. If so, what theme gives you good battery life. I want to try ver.2 of the ROM installing the interface that the cooker of the ROM uses and most probably tested during cooking of the ROM. Regards.

Guest steff195

@xeonic17: I'll see what I can do. :)

Now, while I was surfing through my /Windows files I noticed that one file (PlusSecContact.exe) was left in rom. It's not a problem,it doesn't affect functionality at all,but it is useless and it occupies 225kb for nothing. Now I'll have to recook the roms again. ;)

But until then it's safe to use the roms...but you'll have an extra 225kb taken. :D

Guest dragonmatahari

hey there :D just want to thanks Chef for releasing this Videocall version. I've enjoy a lot and still impress with 21686 v.1 so with this newest added feature i dont mind at all with PlusSecContact.exe occupied for about only 0.3% on free space :)

(of course v.Lite as always ;) )

Guest steff195
hey there ;) just want to thanks Chef for releasing this Videocall version. I've enjoy a lot and still impress with 21686 v.1 so with this newest added feature i dont mind at all with PlusSecContact.exe occupied for about only 0.3% on free space ;)

(of course v.Lite as always ;) )

Yeah, I know that's not much space occupied, but it bothers me to know it there, as I'm perfectionist. ;) ... but I think I'll leave this way for now, it's too much work to do just for that... anyway, it's on my to do list to take it out in a future release. :D

Nobody to mirror yet? Come on guys, help out guys like me. Rapidshare su***.

I know rapidshare s*** for free users, but it's faster for me to upload all the files. After testing/cooking/packing/etc. I don't have time to wait for the uploads also. I hope you feel me. :) I'm sure someone will mirror the files soon, maybe Mandrake will provide his mirrors, as usual. :D

Edited by steff195

Hey steff its no biggy, i can wait mate, i know how cool this rom wud be as i was following ur v1, so little impatience here if u feel me:-) I sure will wait. Thanks again buddy.

Guest musicadi

Great!!! Mersi, Steff!

I tried several times to install the Lite dialer, phonebook and call log....but never worked, so thank you for adding them!

Now all that I need is the Hungarian Lite keyboard (the one where you can add diacritics by long pressing the key). Some Rom here had it, but can't remember which one ;). Tried to install it also, but didn't work out.

Thanks,

Adrian

Guest steff195
Hi Steff, Great work done. But one issue with rom. Will you please help to fix this. Dialer screen is much bigger than normal. Please look at screenshot.

I think that you installed that dialer by yourself,that is not the default dialer, which I included in my roms. See my screenshots from 1st post for that. The problem in your screenshot is that the dialer is for WVGA resolution, and your phone is WQVGA.

I think that you installed that dialer by yourself,that is not the default dialer, which I included in my roms. See my screenshots from 1st post for that. The problem in your screenshot is that the dialer is for WVGA resolution, and your phone is WQVGA.

Thanks for the update, but I just flashed the rom, no dialer installed seperately after flashing the rom. Will you please provide dialer cab file, so i'll try to fix the issue.

Best regards.

Guest SsBloodY

Using lite and I have a problem with Windows Media Player when i go to now playing or library it's constantly blinking and returning me to top very annoying!