Bluetooth headsets/earpieces - what's yours?

Guest tropolite

Guest tropolite

Hey OmnIIans...

I'm in the market for a new BT unit, but I'm unsure which to buy...

Reading through the threads there's been those that have a good experience with their BT's and other's that haven't especially with MVC (Microsoft Voice Command), and other VC software, MM player sound, etc.

Anyway, I am undecided. I've been eyeing off the new Jabra Stone, but haven't seen anyone discuss it here.

Then there's another gem I'm looking at, the Planetronics Voyager 855, with its extra earbud for A2DP suitability.

Those fellow OmnIIans that have a moment, I'd like to hear which BT you use and briefly how it works for you, and integration with the O2, quality, etc.

Appreciate it and possibly others will gain some benefit from this too...

Cheers

tropolite

Hey OmnIIans...

I'm in the market for a new BT unit, but I'm unsure which to buy...

Reading through the threads there's been those that have a good experience with their BT's and other's that haven't especially with MVC (Microsoft Voice Command), and other VC software, MM player sound, etc.

Anyway, I am undecided. I've been eyeing off the new Jabra Stone, but haven't seen anyone discuss it here.

Then there's another gem I'm looking at, the Planetronics Voyager 855, with its extra earbud for A2DP suitability.

Those fellow OmnIIans that have a moment, I'd like to hear which BT you use and briefly how it works for you, and integration with the O2, quality, etc.

Appreciate it and possibly others will gain some benefit from this too...

Cheers

tropolite

been through lots of BT headsets.

Right now...using the Bluetrek Bizz. It's main feature is it doubles as a flash drive. Just pop in a microSDHC card and when you plug it in a USB port, it charges the unit and allows you access to the card. Check out this review

I simply LOVE the look on people's faces when I show them that!

T

E

C

Guest tropolite
been through lots of BT headsets.

Right now...using the Bluetrek Bizz. It's main feature is it doubles as a flash drive. Just pop in a microSDHC card and when you plug it in a USB port, it charges the unit and allows you access to the card. Check out this review

I simply LOVE the look on people's faces when I show them that!

Thanks TEC - yeah going through lots of BT sets myself and that's what I'm trying to avoid this time.

That's cool with the USB inbuilt! Never knew that was available.. and 8Gb too!

But, what is the quality like and have you tried it with any VC (voice command) interface yet? VC is very dependent on BT compatibility.

Cheers

Guest silvos3189

My first and only bt headset was the Planetronics Voyager 855... and it made me kinda... not want to get any other headsets anymore. Reason was... it was TERRIBLE!

I couldn't even get clear quality unless I was holding my phone in my hand which... that was defintely NOT the reason why i wanted a heaset. The slide to talk was alright, except for the part that i ended up pressing the button to answer calls more. Also it was after htis headset that I realized i really hated In-Ear Headphones.

Guest tropolite
My first and only bt headset was the Planetronics Voyager 855... and it made me kinda... not want to get any other headsets anymore. Reason was... it was TERRIBLE!

Hmmm ... Silvos3189 that doesn't sound good at all! I wonder if it was just a faulty unit? I have seen another one or two talk highly of it. Perhaps some else can confirm the PV 855's quality.

Meanwhile I just happened to find a recent unraving review on the Stone ( Jabra Stone Review ). Still no definitive info on pairing it with our handset of choice O2.

• 1 month later...
Guest eny2000

I use a Nokia BH-214 stereo headset. You can use your own headphones with it if you like. It pairs very simple with my Omnia B7610 so I assume it will be the same with the Omnia II. I bought it because of the missing music controls on my default headset. This one has music controls for next and previous track, and play pause. The volume isn't too loud to. Anyway i'm happy with it and I can recommend it.

Guest dwallersv

I have two: The Plantronics Voyager 855, which is worth every penny and I would recommend hands-down as your first, and then for more specialized used (i.e. during physical activity, working out, etc.) I have a Jabra 3030T dogtag, which is awesome for listening to music.

I can take the latter in the Sauna, 190degF, and listen to toons while I sweat. I wouldn't try this with the 855. Also, the 3030 has a standard 3.5mm jack, so it gives some flexibility in output device.

Get the 855.

Guest dwallersv

I couldn't even get clear quality unless I was holding my phone in my hand which... that was defintely NOT the reason why i wanted a heaset. The slide to talk was alright, except for the part that i ended up pressing the button to answer calls more. Also it was after htis headset that I realized i really hated In-Ear Headphones.

Can't match your experience... My 855 is superb. Perhaps you didn't set something up right?

Excellent in all profiles, BTW.

The only complaint I have about the 855 is the the earbuds tend to work their way out of your ears over time, so you have to periodically reseat them. However, this might be a problem with my ears, not the device, as I have the same problem with quality earbud headphones of the same type (i.e. the little soft rubber cups, instead of the old-style foam covered almost-dime-sized buds).

Even though these type headphones come with different sized, interchangable cups, doesn't matter: The all work their way out while I'm doing anything other than lying down, still.

Regardless, it's an inconvenience I am willing to live with. The old style earbuds always resulted in sore ear canals after extended use. The newer style does not.

Finally, the problem is reduced a lot if you use the included ear hook to help stabilize it.

Guest dwallersv
I have several blutooth headset and "large" speaker. All works great except for watching video. All of them has a irritating lag

Again as in above, I don't experience this. Video/audio are in perfect sync with Coreplayer, Touchplayer, Windows Media, and Pocket Player.

Use it all the time for this purpose.

Guest nitro_xlr8r

+1 for the 855, using it with the O2 for long now.

Only problem I'm having is with VoiceCommand, I can hear prompts on the 855, but for some reason VC won't pick up what I say via bluetooth - in the 855 mike.

I have also not yet figured how to configure the 855 button for voice commands.

have been using a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS220 headset.

everything is great about it but sometimes the called doesnt seem to hear me well, seems like BT has somekind of mic gain ajustment... or the windows itself...... does anybody have a clue what might be happening? ty

I own a Motorola S9 A2DP and works fine with a Nokia N95-1. Do you know if it works also OK with the i8000 (which I'm about to buy)?

Try S9 HD, you will be blown away with the sound quality since both headset and Omnia II have SRS WOW HD

86835640.png

1. Noise cancellation

2. SRS WOW HD

3. Both earsets for voice call, unlike the old S9 only one side

4. no wire at all

5. Totally black

6. Dust and sweat proof

Anyway, the headset is not suitable for you to wear all day in the office or car but if you have this headset you need to readjust your lifestyle of not wearing earset all the time like:-

1. Cradle your omnia in the car, use microsoft voice command to open GPS navigation system, to play, skip and stop music, to read your email and sms and to make and receive call effortlessly while driving.

2. Try use your hand to pick up omnia in the pocket which is only few cm away.

3. Get rid of wire and clip from the rest of your office attire.

4. free yourself from wire in the gym or jogging while listen to good music and still can receive call and listen to incoming email and sms.

5. pair it with your netbook/laptop in cafe while listening to the sound of video/youtube/game and pair it to omnia to receive call, listen to incoming email and sms.

6. Enjoy music in high quality stereo sound for both ears wirelessly

20091121051816-trtqqjqwvgurffshr.jpg

Edited by chokia

Try S9 HD, you will be blown away with the sound quality since both headset and Omnia II have SRS WOW HD

86835640.png

1. Noise cancellation

2. SRS WOW HD

3. Both earsets for voice call, unlike the old S9 only one side

4. no wire at all

5. Totally black

6. Dust and sweat proof

Anyway, the headset is not suitable for you to wear all day in the office or car but if you have this headset you need to readjust your lifestyle of not wearing earset all the time like:-

1. Cradle your omnia in the car, use microsoft voice command to open GPS navigation system, to play, skip and stop music, to read your email and sms and to make and receive call effortlessly while driving.

2. Try use your hand to pick up omnia in the pocket which is only few cm away.

3. Get rid of wire and clip from the rest of your office attire.

4. free yourself from wire in the gym or jogging while listen to good music and still can receive call and listen to incoming email and sms.

5. pair it with your netbook/laptop in cafe while listening to the sound of video/youtube/game and pair it to omnia to receive call, listen to incoming email and sms.

6. Enjoy music in high quality stereo sound for both ears wirelessly

20091121051816-trtqqjqwvgurffshr.jpg

Damn! That's a lovely setup! Thanks for letting me know!

I'll really consider upgrading my current S9 to the S9 HD which I just found out they existed! The thing is that they both look IDENTICAL, so I feel like I'm paying for the same thing again haha

So, how do you find them working with the i8000? Do all the buttons work (pick call, next previous track, pause, etc)? Does it work well with the stock Samsung player, with third party or with both? Also, about the Bluetooth range, do you suffer micro cuts (skipping, gaps) when, let's say, you carry the cell in a backpack?

Thanks again man!! Looking forward to your answers to get me one of those (oh, and the phone too!)

Guest Polleoh

I am still using the nextlink Q7 I bought it right before Motorola got their hands on. I spent fortune on buying all the nextlink headsets and I don't want to spend anymore ;)

post-629259-1265395241_thumb.jpg

Guest brainstorm03
Damn! That's a lovely setup! Thanks for letting me know!

I'll really consider upgrading my current S9 to the S9 HD which I just found out they existed! The thing is that they both look IDENTICAL, so I feel like I'm paying for the same thing again haha

So, how do you find them working with the i8000? Do all the buttons work (pick call, next previous track, pause, etc)? Does it work well with the stock Samsung player, with third party or with both? Also, about the Bluetooth range, do you suffer micro cuts (skipping, gaps) when, let's say, you carry the cell in a backpack?

Thanks again man!! Looking forward to your answers to get me one of those (oh, and the phone too!)

I've been using the S9 HD since I had the i910 and it's easily the best headset I've ever used. I have the 920, so not sure if there will be any differences. All buttons work perfect with the Samsung player for both music and video,and they worked fine when I used S2P on the first Omnia also. The range is really good. Indoors I can leave my phone on the first floor of my house and reception holds up fine even when I go upstairs. Outdoors I occasionally have some minor gaps with the phone in my back pocket and a hood covering the receiver. Without anything covering them I usually have no gaps or skipping at all.