PDAVIET -Rom Cook I8000 WM6.5 ROM 24/12/2009

Guest Tiny1990

Guest manosandrea
You won't have a greek language rom here neither: like the name says, in PDAVIET, VIET stands for Viet Nam, so either you'll have it in Vietnamese, or you'll have the WWE.

and as gtryf said, WWE is World wide english, for the most people to take advantage of it. Khuanchai already answered your question about multilanguage roms in his thread. To refresh your memory:

What is easier: learning how to cook a rom or learning english?

When you have an answer to this question, you'll have an answer to your question.

forelli

My dear Friend , it's not a matter of speaking english ( i consider i speak english ouite good)

On my laptop i have english for my basic language.

But one thing is speaking english and another one is Not to able to write an sms-mms or a contact ( or anything else ) in your everyday speaking language.

Understand now why i'm looking for a greek lang supporting lite rom.

And another thing : i'm not such good and advanced with computers so as to try and make/transform a rom

Guest forelli
No problem, my friend. I've searched greek pda forums but unfortunately nobody has cooked an i8000 greek rom yet. At least not that I know of. That's why this forum is so valuable to me, because studying its postings I hope I'll be able to cook one very soon!

Have you read the cooking thread? There you will find a lot of informations and a kitchen to cook. Cooking thread

There it's also specified that at the moment you can't cook a multilanguage rom...

forelli

Guest manosandrea
Hi George,

I don't want to be hard on the man, but asking the same thing in different threads without giving examples like yours makes his reqwuest looking like a kid's caprice. Sorry if I misunderstood it and I apologize, but I guess Khuanchai's answer was clear enough. I know that on I900 you could install languages separately but with I8000 it's not anymore possible, unfortunately. I would advise to search for a greek custom rom in a greek forum as it's not so common.

forelli

I asked the same thing in different threads because i found 2-3 different lite roms and would like to use one of them.

But no luck.

And , as my colleague said ( gtryf) we don't have a greek cooked rom.YET i hope.

Guest forelli
I asked the same thing in different threads because i found 2-3 different lite roms and would like to use one of them.

But no luck.

And , as my colleague said ( gtryf) we don't have a greek cooked rom.YET i hope.

sorry about that. As i said to your friend, check the rom cooking thread, you'll have a lot of information to make your own rom. I suggested you to ask a cook (by pm) if he could make it for you for a little donation... Have you tried the finger keyboard 2.1? I think it has greek language. A great cook of this forum is lives in Cyprus, find him and pm him to ask if he knows about a greek rom for I8000. The guy's name is Sector, used to cook for I900, moved on for HTC HD2, but asking is free and you have nothing to lose, don't you?

forelli

Have you read the cooking thread? There you will find a lot of informations and a kitchen to cook. Cooking thread

There it's also specified that at the moment you can't cook a multilanguage rom...

forelli

Yes, of course! I read it regularly, that's where I've gathered most of what I know about i8000 cooking. I'm this close now, but to progress I've sort of written my own toolkit. When it's done I'll post it there so that other cooks may take advantage too!

Guest manosandrea
sorry about that. As i said to your friend, check the rom cooking thread, you'll have a lot of information to make your own rom. I suggested you to ask a cook (by pm) if he could make it for you for a little donation... Have you tried the finger keyboard 2.1? I think it has greek language. A great cook of this forum is lives in Cyprus, find him and pm him to ask if he knows about a greek rom for I8000. The guy's name is Sector, used to cook for I900, moved on for HTC HD2, but asking is free and you have nothing to lose, don't you?

forelli

Personally speaking ,i don't think i can cook ( don't even have time for such a job ,medic beeing )

but thanks for your suggestions

I hope Gtryf will do something good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of people here waiting !!

Edited by manosandrea

Guest dgmorland

I am using the PDAVIET 6.5.3 ROM. It has a modified Titanium (WM7 version?) included. I was wondering if there is a way to undo this and use the standard version of Titanium (the one with the narrower panels as is included on all standard Samsung ROMs).

Guest kasamba

Welcome tiny1990

Is possible to make mirror on R A P I D S H A R E or M E G A U L O A D servers?

Many users having big problem with www.4shared.com download.

Thanks for your help.

Guest sonblack
Welcome tiny1990

Is possible to make mirror on R A P I D S H A R E or M E G A U L O A D servers?

Many users having big problem with www.4shared.com download.

Thanks for your help.

I'm in Vietnam. I make the rom but cannot upload it to RapidShare because I don't have an account for this.

Sonblack only upload to 4share! :)

Currently it's the best ROM for Omnia-II.

Maybe it doesn't look so awesome like a'la HD2 by rodrigofd, but is fast and non-problematic.

Only thing is, that Titanium Weather has problems with city names with special characters.

Maybe is it possible to change the codepage or remove special chars?

@kasamba

Why? 4shared is less strict and better works with download managers like JDownloader.

MU on my line is extremely slow and RS has always all slots busy.

Edited by d0nMD

the gps reception is more good in this rom ?

did u guys found out that there are some option cannot click?

like Windows update and Input Method

Start>>Samsung Settings>> Advanced Settings>> System>>Input method and windows update 

when i click nothing happen.. it do not open...

do anyone have the same problem?

Guest sonblack
@Sonblack,

how did you fix the display problem that is causing wrong position of the screen?

like scrollbar in samsung dialer?

Depend on build from MS, I can't and it's related by many files.