[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest forelli

With KC lite 2, sometimes the phone just freezes, mostly when opening Opera v10 beta from a link in an email, then nothing, loading for ages, at the end: battery removal is the only solution. Is it me or does it happen to other people? I guess 28205 was not very stable, KC maybe you will try 28014 for the next release?

Thanks

forelli

Guest AndrewTan
With KC lite 2, sometimes the phone just freezes, mostly when opening Opera v10 beta from a link in an email, then nothing, loading for ages, at the end: battery removal is the only solution. Is it me or does it happen to other people? I guess 28205 was not very stable, KC maybe you will try 28014 for the next release?

Thanks

forelli

So far I never facing any Freezing issue yet in this ROM, it is by far the most stable and smooth ROM ever release.

The freezing issue could possibly came from Opera v10 beta? as v10 still under beta.

anyone experiencing key lag on the WinMo Dialer?

it's like after pressing a number, you will have to wait a while to key the next one or else it doesn't register.

Guest Khuanchai
So far I never facing any Freezing issue yet in this ROM, it is by far the most stable and smooth ROM ever release.

The freezing issue could possibly came from Opera v10 beta? as v10 still under beta.

Hi Andrew,

New Titaniumweather.mscr for correction of ° character. TitaniumWeather.zip

Copy this file to /windows, disable today titanium and enable it again. Update weather and check that ° is displayed correctly.

Guest AndrewTan
Hi Andrew,

New Titaniumweather.mscr for correction of ° character. TitaniumWeather.zip

Copy this file to /windows, disable today titanium and enable it again. Update weather and check that ° is displayed correctly.

Thanks a lot Khuanchai, :) now it working perfectly B)

4254450650_31a3185922_o.png

Guest AndrewTan
anyone experiencing key lag on the WinMo Dialer?

it's like after pressing a number, you will have to wait a while to key the next one or else it doesn't register.

Ya, the default WinMo Dialler Pad is lagging and not so responsive and Samsung Dialler at the moment is having scrolling issue.

No choice, to make it perfect, I am using Resco Contact Manager at the moment.

I still love the Samsung Dialler Pad, wish any genius can share a hand help on this matter. :)

Guest GeneNZ
how can i get touchwiz back?

Why don't you just reflash with Secany's L5? It doesn't make sense why you install KC's i8000 ROM, then want touchwiz back.

Just as a side note, if the reason you want touchwiz back on KC's i8000 ROM is because you want touchwiz on 6.5.3, you need to realise that it won't display properly. That is, there is going to be a small gap between the top taskbar and the touchwiz interface.

Guest quizesilver
Welcome, :)

Attached below the registry for fixing the icon using .png (Due to my lazyness, I import the whole start from the original WM 6.5 ROM)

Due to different naming in certain Samsung program, you need to rename certain program shortcut to make it working.

Original --> Rename

SMS-MMS --> Message

Touch Player --> Media Player

Calendar --> Schedule

Phone Book --> Phonebook

Smart Converter --> Unit Converter

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/331607626/Start.reg

* If you notice your extra install program .png icon not working after this merge, just reinstall that program will solved it, or manually create back the link.

For manual edit, follow below instruction:

Enable .png as Icon

• Goto HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start
  • Select the .Ink folder you plan to use custom .png as icon.
  • Create New string Value and name it as Icon.
  • Place your .png location path in String area. (Example: \Windows\start_fm_radio.png)
  • Soft reset for icon change in Windows Menu. (Samsung Main Menu icon will immediate change after registry edit)

u are saying to make changes to the shortcut in the window start menu?

Guest corny2007
newest version (28205/23518)

23518 is the latest, "6.5.5", http://wmpoweruser.com/?tag=wm-6-5-5

Khuanchai, do you plan to cook a ROM with 23518?

Is the x button working on the 205 build? does anyone have a good tasskbar icon set too?

PS If anyone can make a Samsung MEMO cab, it would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

James

Edited by corny2007