[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest tacchan23
Looking at your thread, i'm confuse... :)

Wish you can create for 6.5 too. B)

I think it should work also on 6.5 too (of course without the bottom bar).

I made a black theme for 6.5 too (link in my signature) but just in blue and not many options.

Guest hangman11

the lastest rom is so so sweet, loving it to the max!! thanks KC :)

however one major concern i have is the battery life.set to high performance with middle brightness and average using of GPRS and smsing could only last me 3/4 day or even 1\2 a day ;/

but still, good work thumbs up~

Guest davicito13

good job and very very thanks a lot for all developers :) ... but...

I can't never ever download bacause Rapidshare always is bussy!!!

:) c'mon!

so, nobody can do a mirror? really?!?!?!? why!?!?! :)

I prefer paypal to some developer than Rapidshare!!! :)

sorry for my english

:)

Guest forelli
good job and very very thanks a lot for all developers :) ... but...

I can't never ever download bacause Rapidshare always is bussy!!!

:D c'mon!

so, nobody can do a mirror? really?!?!?!? why!?!?! :)

I prefer paypal to some developer than Rapidshare!!! :)

sorry for my english

:)

try 'FreeRapid-0.83UI', you will find it with google. You copy and paste the link from khuanchai and you wait an hour et voila: the rom is downloaded!

This is how I solved the rapidshare problem :)

Hi Andrew,

Can I ask the battery-life for the new ROM you are using? Wish to know first before flashing to the 23518 ROM.

I am using the i8000KC28205Neo_lite ROM and the battery-life is hardly 1 day. During standby, the battery-life drops by 1% every half an hour.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Alvin

Using any of KC's ROM's (and I've used all of them), I've never experienced such drain. But remember this isn't a fault of the ROM (unless everyone is experiencing it). Battery drain is very dependent on what the phone is doing, and how hard it is looking for a signal etc. For example, if your work/home is far away from a cellphone tower, the device will try harder to remain connected. This will use more battery, even in standby mode. If you're in a car most of the time, I believe the signal power of the phone increases 6 fold (if I can remember correctly), because the car acts as a metallic box preventing signal going in and out. So battery drain is highly dependent on its environment.

I suggest you try utilise applications like NoData to turn off 3G if you don't need it. 3G is a huge battery drainer. There are a number of tools out there that'll help with battery drain. If you are using such programs, and are close to a cellphone tower all the time, I'd suggest its a hardware fault (maybe something shorting the battery, faulty/dying battery), since a 1% decrease every 30 minutes on standby is just wrong. I can have my phone in standby for half a day and it'll drop maybe 1-3% maximum. This has been the same on all of KC's roms and Secany's roms. I also have two brand new backup batteries for my i8000 and they show the same thing.

Guest sys_error

Hi Khuanchai,

Just checking... Any chances to get this new threaded SMS interface cooked into your ROMs?

screen27o.jpg

Edited by sys_error

Guest Khuanchai
Hi Khuanchai,

Just checking... Any chances to get this new threaded SMS interface cooked into your ROMs?

screen27o.jpg

Not sure this needs Samsung Phonebook or just a plugin for M$ messaging. Is it just a CAB file or needed to cook in? Please give the link and I can check later when time allows.

Hello to all,

Anyone know how to add Neo-Titanium style CLauncher panel?

Will deeply appreciate anyone can share the info.

If you have the link for neo Clauncher, give me a try.

Edited by Khuanchai

just flashed the JA1 6.5.5 rom, thanks KC for your effort

Overall: Seems the previous version is far better than this

The text messaging interface is extreme inconvenient in this rom because i cannot trace back the message sent by the same person and the samsung interface was used in stead of threaded interface when i am composing a text

I also cannot trace back the missed text messages (more than one) sent by the same person.

Just want to find a way to link the SMS-MMS.exe provided in the secod post to titanium in order to change the interface and solve problem 1, but i can't find any.

some programs e.g. fpsece 1.0 crashes when i launch it (this happen in every 6.5.X KC rom, haven't try other 6.5 and 6.1 builds )

overall

the 28008 is the best build so far, it has a threaded message interface.

i will gonna flash back PDAviet's 6.5.3 or KC28008 in order to get back fpsece or threaded sms interface.

Thanks KC again for your effort :)

Guest davicito13
try 'FreeRapid-0.83UI', you will find it with google. You copy and paste the link from khuanchai and you wait an hour et voila: the rom is downloaded!

This is how I solved the rapidshare problem :)

thanks a lot!!!

I'll try it... thanks dude!

Guest sgmem88

Just to share on battery life issue, I have similar 1-2 day battery life with i8000KC28205Neo_lite.

Hence I fall back to i8000KC21883_Lite which battery can last about 3 days or more depending on usage.

Would be glad if more ppl can share on battery life performance with i8000KC23518Neo_Lite

Guest Georgeee
Hi Khuanchai,

screen27o.jpg

Not sure this needs Samsung Phonebook or just a plugin for M$ messaging. Is it just a CAB file or needed to cook in? Please give the link and I can check later when time allows.

Hi Khuanchai,

all you need is to replace "iframe_style.css" in the windows folder and copy there about six .gif images. Nothing else. I tried it yesterday, works fine... And somebody already made a CAB file, even uninstallable. But I think it wouldn´t also be problem to cook it in. It depends what is better. Everything in this thread.

Edited by Georgeee

Guest arun gupta

excellent report of the latest lite rom.

no bugs as of now.. ( except outlook which gets hang) so using resco contact manager as of now.

BUT still working as to how to show the bottom bar of IRIS browser..??? which gets overlaped by our windows bar.

thanks

arun

Guest deadphill

Guys

Regarding your replies to nap_rz's critisism of this ROM.

Whatever your opinions of their opinion, please respect that it is just that: an opinion.

If this is incenced you enough to reply, please take a deep breath, keep your replies breif, to the point and non personal. Above all please try not to flame. If someones posts get bad then report it. The moderators will pick this up and deal with each case.

The topic has moved on since this happened so I will leave it there for now, but please try and follow this advice!

Cheers

Phill

Guest alviner
Using any of KC's ROM's (and I've used all of them), I've never experienced such drain. But remember this isn't a fault of the ROM (unless everyone is experiencing it). Battery drain is very dependent on what the phone is doing, and how hard it is looking for a signal etc. For example, if your work/home is far away from a cellphone tower, the device will try harder to remain connected. This will use more battery, even in standby mode. If you're in a car most of the time, I believe the signal power of the phone increases 6 fold (if I can remember correctly), because the car acts as a metallic box preventing signal going in and out. So battery drain is highly dependent on its environment.

I suggest you try utilise applications like NoData to turn off 3G if you don't need it. 3G is a huge battery drainer. There are a number of tools out there that'll help with battery drain. If you are using such programs, and are close to a cellphone tower all the time, I'd suggest its a hardware fault (maybe something shorting the battery, faulty/dying battery), since a 1% decrease every 30 minutes on standby is just wrong. I can have my phone in standby for half a day and it'll drop maybe 1-3% maximum. This has been the same on all of KC's roms and Secany's roms. I also have two brand new backup batteries for my i8000 and they show the same thing.

Hi GeneNZ,

Thanks for the tip. I finally got hold to the cause of the short battery life for the past few days. It's the GPS gate ver 2.6.0.325 that I had installed. When the gpsgate application is on standby, it will stuck out 1% of the battery power every 30 mins. Anyway, I have to exit the application and launch it when I need to use it.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Alvin

Guest Khuanchai
Hi Khuanchai,

all you need is to replace "iframe_style.css" in the windows folder and copy there about six .gif images. Nothing else. I tried it yesterday, works fine... And somebody already made a CAB file, even uninstallable. But I think it wouldn´t also be problem to cook it in. It depends what is better. Everything in this thread.

Since it's just a CAB that everyone who wants can install it easily. I'll add it to the CAB repository post #2. However, will keep in mind when there is a new build coming.

when is next version coming?

There is no new WM 6.5.5 coming yet but will post the news if any.

Edited by Khuanchai