Samsung Today

Some people had, after flashing the latest firmware from Secany, an option to select Samsung Today to display on Today Screen.

I had a look at I8000DBTIL5.csc (German) and there are files for Samsung Today. I dumped the CSC file so, if someone wants to create a cab for it (removing some of the unnecessary files) go for it. In the archive there are also english language files (0409) which have to be added to get English version (original  were German). Copy the files to Windows directory. The files were taken from Omnia Pro dump.

The other option to install it, is to select this CSC from CSC_I8000NXXIL5.CSC, select English language, and flash the phone. If you already flashed the other parts you can flash only CSC part. Note that you will loose the contents on you Main Memory.

After that, copy the English files from the archive (two 0409 mui files from the second folder in the archive) and it should work. I haven't tested everything yet but you can try and comment.

When you click on Edit you cad drag other items on today screen.

I8000DBTIL5.csc.rar

post-420700-1261623384_thumb.png

post-420700-1261623395_thumb.png

post-420700-1261623906_thumb.png

Edited by wes58

Guest JasonMania

Where would you get that ,CSC_I8000NXXIL5.CSC?

I recently flashed to IL5 and in the CSC file select option i didn't find any open market CSC version ?

is it there cause I check the list couple of times and couldn't find it ??

How is the performance of Samsung today is it fast ? how much RAM does it consume ?

I really like to get that today screen , it seems a quick way of accessing information.

Edited by JasonMania

Where would you get that ,CSC_I8000NXXIL5.CSC?

I recently flashed to IL5 and in the CSC file select option i didn't find any open market CSC version ?

is it there cause I check the list couple of times and couldn't find it ??

How is the performance of Samsung today is it fast ? how much RAM does it consume ?

I really like to get that today screen , it seems a quick way of accessing information.

CSC_I8000NXXIL5.CSC - that's a csc that came with Secany's rom. Load it with Octans downloader and then select I8000DBTIL5.csc.

Edited by wes58

Guest guy.user
Hi, I've made a cab.

Credits of course goes to wes58 for the english files as well as the location (dbtil5) of the samsungtoday files :)

DISCLAIMER: works on mine, may not work on yours. If any error kindly post here. I am not responsible for any device errors and destruction.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FB3QP4SD

wow, thanks, can't wait to try it out!

Guest guy.user
It works on my CDMA i920! Dude you are the man!!

!? I thought i920 comes with this Samsung Today plugin.

btw, it didn't work on my i8000L....

---

update:

it worked after uninstalling spb mobile shell

Edited by guy.user

Guest JasonMania

Alright so I tried it , I am on IL5 , it works very well , but however when you go to Items on Today screen setting , you get abit of error , i just turned off error reporting and it is fine , it works at first when it loads it is abit funky the screen flashes and stuff , but after a few second it is fine ,

I need more time with it , but initial review , it works fine and it is lovely to use , I have been looking for a today screen like that for a long time now ,

I would like to thank you guys for making that possible :

powser

wes58

and of course Secany.

will update if i face any problem with it, but so far very smooth.

Guest DunKnow

Powser Thank You for the cab :) Hope you would not mind if i post the cab here for convenience, i would remove it if u mind.

All Credits to Powser for the cab and wes58 for providing the dump.

samsungntoday.cab

Edited by DunKnow

Guest superoy
Powser Thank You for the cab :) Hope you would not mind if i post the cab here for convenience, i would remove it if u mind.

this is so nice, but have a problem in Wm6.5.3, could you solve it??

Screen21.png

see the top.....

Guest jonggie112
I cannot find the weather in here , there are lots of widgets but no weather.

too bad... thanks jasonmania. will try it in a while.

thanks so much wes and powser

Edited by jonggie112

Guest superoy
tap and hold, then change short cut

I mean the seach brower not working, sorry for my english

BTW, tap and hold, then change short cut is not working too.....

Edited by superoy

I mean the seach brower not working, sorry for my english

BTW, tap and hold, then change short cut is not working too.....

It works for me and most people.

so i guess the Samsung Today is incompatible with 6.5.3 or Chinese Roms...

Guest dani_carrabba
how come there's no weather tab ?

yeah it have a weather tab on the pro, i think this is a new samsung homescreen build and a bit diffrent from the pro...

yeah it have a weather tab on the pro, i think this is a new samsung homescreen build and a bit diffrent from the pro...

Nope, the weather widget was photoshopped in on Samsung's pictures of this interface, there never has been a weather widget on this today screen.