Samsung Today

works great for me too on IL5 :) but 'edit' menu works for u guys? because when i click on some icons nothing happend, none reaction

Edited by dzynio

Guest gchris7
works great for me too on IL5 :) but 'edit' menu works for u guys? because when i click on some icons nothing happend, none reaction

Yes, its fully working. Only thing i couldnt manage to get it to work is the rss panel.

By the way, you can change almost everything (from background, to title text on each panel and alot more) by editing TodayContainerRC and TodayContainer.dll.0409.

Im sure we ll see alot of mods soon. ;)

Here is my TodayContainerRC. Only changed the background for now.

post-611355-1261694540_thumb.png

To install just copy the dll to windows folder and restart samsung today. Dont forget to keep back up!

gchris.rar

Guest gchris7
allrigt, this is drag&drop, i didint realize that :) but gchris yours modify .dll doesnt work for me, the wallpaper doesnt changed

You probably did something wrong.

1. Unrar

2. copy TodayContainerRC.dll to /windows (accept overwrite)

3. restart samsung today (or just soft reset)

i've done just like u said 2times and still dont work ;)

oki doki it works, after soft reset :), can we change the messages and email space? for smaller, like notification?

Edited by dzynio

Guest bobobird

As others report - RSS Feed does not list any items, tapping the empty space leads to the RSS reader, so is essentially just a shortcut.

Anyone have it working as it should ?

Thanks

wow. Finally something that works with no fuss on my verizon Omina 2!!!! I love it. THIS is what i have been looking for!!! I got a warning saying it may not work with my version of windows mobile. But i have yet to see anything bad. It all is working nicely.

thank you very much again for your work on this. People like me who cant do this stuff really do appreciate peeps like you!!!

Guest vodanhdaisu

i've just installed succsesfully samsungtoday on mine i8000. everything works well, but phonebook soft-button doesn't because i'm using rodrigo's ROM SuperLite and samsung phonebook was removed. How can i change this phonebook soft-button to another function?

Guest dgmorland
Screen21.png

This today plugin is great - just what I wanted - a weather widget is the only missing item. It might be possible to combine this plugin with a weather plugin using something like Ultimate Launcher

I m also using a WM6.5.3 ROM and have this gap at the top. I wonder if there is any config file somewhere that can be altered to specify the positioning of the plugin? Maybe there is a guru out there somewhere that can work this out ....

Guest AndrewTan
Yes, its fully working. Only thing i couldnt manage to get it to work is the rss panel.

By the way, you can change almost everything (from background, to title text on each panel and alot more) by editing TodayContainerRC and TodayContainer.dll.0409.

Im sure we ll see alot of mods soon. :)

To install just copy the dll to windows folder and restart samsung today. Dont forget to keep back up!

gchris.rar

Do you might show us how to use our own backgroup image? Thanks ;)

Guest Michael Pang

Im sure we ll see alot of mods soon. :)

gchris.rar

is it possible to make a sense background using the attached image for us?

post-240024-1261722245_thumb.jpg

After flashing to Secany's L5, I then flashed to Rodrigofd's Ultra Lite ROM ver 22nd Dec.

I am on PDA L5/CSC nil/Phone L2.

Downloaded the page 1 Samsung Today.

I faced 2 problems:

1. My Phone book on the right bottom not working.

error msg:

"SECContact.exe" The file 'SECContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found.

2. SMS are found in mailbox.

Appreciate help.

Thks and Merry Christmas to all

Guest gchris7
This today plugin is great - just what I wanted - a weather widget is the only missing item. It might be possible to combine this plugin with a weather plugin using something like Ultimate Launcher

Im sure they meant to make a weather panel but at the end they didnt for some reason. If you check TodayContainer.dll.0409 you will find that there is a panel named Weather but the necessary files and registry keys for it are missing.

By the way, we could use the rss panel to show us the weather but it doesn't seem to work.

Do you might show us how to use our own backgroup image? Thanks :)

Try reading this. Its in italian but you can use google translate. Its a pretty good guide.

is it possible to make a sense background using the attached image for us?

I didnt test it, but it should work.

TodayContainerRC.rar

Anyone can upload the original .dll as I backup wrongly.

Original dll:

TodayContainerRC.rar

Guest AndrewTan
Im sure they meant to make a weather panel but at the end they didnt for some reason. If you check TodayContainer.dll.0409 you will find that there is a panel named Weather but the necessary files and registry keys for it are missing.

By the way, we could use the rss panel to show us the weather but it doesn't seem to work.

Try reading this. Its in italian but you can use google translate. Its a pretty good guide.

I didnt test it, but it should work.

TodayContainerRC.rar

Original dll:

TodayContainerRC.rar

Thanks a lot :)

I m also using a WM6.5.3 ROM and have this gap at the top. I wonder if there is any config file somewhere that can be altered to specify the positioning of the plugin? Maybe there is a guru out there somewhere that can work this out ....

The interesting thing is, that if you look into resource file it has images for weather inside. Maybe Samsung has not finished development of this plugin?

Guest Octopus1968
On the i920, I can't change the program shortcuts. Pressing "change" either does nothing, or gives me a message that there was a problem with ProgramSelector.exe

This could be due to some software installed on your phone interfering with Samsung Today. On my phone it was "NoDataInRoaming" which killed the Shortcut-Manager.

Regards

Rudi

Looks great but I have some problems:

- no text near icons (Time, messages, shortcuts...)

- How can I modify language (in French)

- the two menu items at the bottom (edit and phonebook) disappear when I click on edit

- no appointments item in the list

Thank you so much if you can help me to fix all those things cause I really love that today plugin.

WM6.5 with I8000NXXL2 french rom

Guest .:stn:.
Looks great but I have some problems:

- no text near icons (Time, messages, shortcuts...)

- How can I modify language (in French)

- the two menu items at the bottom (edit and phonebook) disappear when I click on edit

- no appointments item in the list

Thank you so much if you can help me to fix all those things cause I really love that today plugin.

WM6.5 with I8000NXXL2 french rom

either edit language entries the same way as pictures or ask somebody who has french on his PRO to send you the files

Guest dgmorland

Oh well hopefully there will be an updated version with weather included released later.

I tried combining the Samsung Today plugin with other Today Plugins using Ultimate Launcher. Something strange happens though - after making Ultimate Launcher the item to Show on Today, as soon as you view the page containing the Samsung Today plugin within the merged Today screen it seems to remove all items from the Today screen and just show a background. If you go back to the Items on Today option in Settings, you can see that the Ultimate Lanuncher has been "unchecked" as the item to show on Today screen. I am able to combine and use other plugins ok so it is something about this Samsung Today plugin that is messing things up.