Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest dextro_
Used wes kitchen3.01, but you have to install V3 first then overwrite with v3.01, remember to copy cabarc.rar into -template\tools directory. with twu2 script i8000v3 JE2 or i8000v3 JE1 and fellow twu2 "Easy to create your lite rom like me... (4/14 new version convert to OEM package now)", fellow his instruction closely. I had successfully created a JE2 lite ROM and a full JE2 ROM with LZX compression all with pagepool 8mb. Sure you can do it.

Your directory C:\i800_ROM\i8000kitchen\je2_lite.

thanks I was using v3 not 3.01 :(

"error = 0" in ExtReloc means that there is no error.

You don't write what you are doing, what rom you are using, if you are using twu2 scripts, what OS are you porting? If you are using twu2 scripts, he will be the best persion to answer this. If it got to this screen, I think that xip would be Ok. I think it will be something with sys or oem - don't know what you deleted/modified.

ok thanks wes. I've talked to twu and it good now. thanks for you great app :(

Guest MenosOcho

Hi Wes58, thanks for this tool.

I need your help, i've an I8000L and i'm working on make my own CSC, because doesn't exists a MultiCSC unbranded for I8000L, only there are for I8000. My phone is unbranded.

I was able to build it, based on original Carrier's CSC for my chip, it has 2 languages: Spanish and English. The problem is when i flash it selecting English (i'm using Octans 2.14) the laguage in the cellphone is configured for French (it look like french).

So i tried change it again using phone's menu (english UK), but again it appear in French.

Last attempt was using Spanish (via phone's menu too) and now the language is English.

What's wrong? if i choose English then appear French, if i choose Spanish then appear English.

I did some wrong? is it not possible use it in Spanish?

thanks in advance.

Guest wes58
Hi Wes58, thanks for this tool.

I need your help, i've an I8000L and i'm working on make my own CSC, because doesn't exists a MultiCSC unbranded for I8000L, only there are for I8000. My phone is unbranded.

I was able to build it, based on original Carrier's CSC for my chip, it has 2 languages: Spanish and English. The problem is when i flash it selecting English (i'm using Octans 2.14) the laguage in the cellphone is configured for French (it look like french).

So i tried change it again using phone's menu (english UK), but again it appear in French.

Last attempt was using Spanish (via phone's menu too) and now the language is English.

What's wrong? if i choose English then appear French, if i choose Spanish then appear English.

I did some wrong? is it not possible use it in Spanish?

thanks in advance.

If you could upload your csc somewhere I could have a look

Guest wes58
Sure, zip contain the original and modified version: My CSC

Thank you!

Looking at your file, everything should work ok.

Have you tried to flash original csc? Did it setup correct language on the phone?

Guest dextro_

I've make a package with OEMizer but when I try to build a rom it pops up an error(when the build os begins to create registry) saying: Can create default.hv

I've tried to open the reg file from my package created with oemizer and the RGU (on tools folder) give me an error to saying: length can't be less than zero; parameter name Length.

someone can help?

Guest wes58
I've make a package with OEMizer but when I try to build a rom it pops up an error(when the build os begins to create registry) saying: Can create default.hv

I've tried to open the reg file from my package created with oemizer and the RGU (on tools folder) give me an error to saying: length can't be less than zero; parameter name Length.

someone can help?

I am not sure how you are trying to open it (you could archive and attach your file to you post)?

You should be able to open it with a notepad in Windows Explorer (you could always archive and attach your file to you post).

Guest dextro_
I am not sure how you are trying to open it (you could archive and attach your file to you post)?

You should be able to open it with a notepad in Windows Explorer (you could always archive and attach your file to you post).

I was trying to open it with RGU.exe from tools folder. I'm using the tools from your post. OEMizer from your kitchen2.... by the way why the OEMizer takes a long time to start if it's on the same folder as OEMizer-buildDSM and OEMizerHelp ? if those file isn't there the OEMizer.exe start in few seconds...

there's my OEM package. donwload

Guest wes58
I was trying to open it with RGU.exe from tools folder. I'm using the tools from your post. OEMizer from your kitchen2.... by the way why the OEMizer takes a long time to start if it's on the same folder as OEMizer-buildDSM and OEMizerHelp ? if those file isn't there the OEMizer.exe start in few seconds...

there's my OEM package. donwload

RGU.exe in Tools folder is used for creating registry files. You can't use it for editing registry files. As I wrote before, you can use Notepad for example (I use ultraEdit).

In temp folder you should have BuidOS log file (log.txt). If you open it you will see (at the end) in what file and where the error is in registry.

Here is error message in log.txt

Failed to parse value name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sprite Software\Sprite Backup!!!

InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" within a few lines of line 461.

ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu"

And the part of the registry file from line 461:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sprite Software\Sprite Backup]

"dwLicenseCode"=dword:-859007483

So the error is with the value of dwLicenseCode. It is shown as negative value - you may have to change it to hex. I tried CCCC9605 (this is equal to -859007483)

Edited by wes58

Guest dextro_
RGU.exe in Tools folder is used for creating registry files. You can't use it for editing registry files. As I wrote before, you can use Notepad for example (I use ultraEdit).

In temp folder you should have BuidOS log file (log.txt). If you open it you will see (at the end) in what file and where the error is in registry.

Here is error message in log.txt

Failed to parse value name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sprite Software\Sprite Backup!!!

InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" within a few lines of line 461.

ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu"

And the part of the registry file from line 461:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sprite Software\Sprite Backup]

"dwLicenseCode"=dword:-859007483

So the error is with the value of dwLicenseCode. It is shown as negative value - you may have to change it to hex. I tried CCCC9605 (this is equal to -859007483)

thanks wes. so if I remove sprite backup from the my oem how can I correct this: InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" within a few lines of line 461. ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" ? because I made other package(download) a time ago and give me the same error (without sprite backup app)

Edited by dextro_

Guest wes58
thanks wes. so if I remove sprite backup from the my oem how can I correct this: InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" within a few lines of line 461. ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-dc51-4d50-8847-bbd6d1297042.rgu" ? because I made other package(download) a time ago and give me the same error (without sprite backup app)

I changed the negative value to hex and it worked OK. If you have sprite backup installed on your phone, you can check what registry value you have in this key (in hex) and put in your package registry key - I think you will have the value that I put in previous post.

If you get an error you just have to try to figure out which line causes a problem - you can delete the key, key value and try to build. If it builds OK you know that, this was incorrect key/value. So the only thing would be to find out what the error is - like in your key, it was negative value for dword:.

If you want to delete sprite backup, you delete all the keys from registry and run build again.

The file that you attached to your last post didn't give me any errors.

Guest dextro_
I changed the negative value to hex and it worked OK. If you have sprite backup installed on your phone, you can check what registry value you have in this key (in hex) and put in your package registry key - I think you will have the value that I put in previous post.

If you get an error you just have to try to figure out which line causes a problem - you can delete the key, key value and try to build. If it builds OK you know that, this was incorrect key/value. So the only thing would be to find out what the error is - like in your key, it was negative value for dword:.

If you want to delete sprite backup, you delete all the keys from registry and run build again.

The file that you attached to your last post didn't give me any errors.

ok thanks I'll try :(

Guest MenosOcho
Looking at your file, everything should work ok.

Have you tried to flash original csc? Did it setup correct language on the phone?

Hi, i took an i8000 csc (the same that current PDA: JE5) and i modified all files. now it's working and it offer all languages and Europe carriers, but it was able to detect my SIM and apply local carrier settings.

The language selection works fine.

thanks

Guest johnchua55

i wanted to change the page pool size using romtool ... but it doesn't seem to work.

i unchecked delete temporary files .... and the tmpOs.nb.NEW seems to have the right new page pool .... but octans won't accept tmpOs.nb.NEW .... even renaming it made no difference.

Help please ....

msglog

Done... Check for Error Messages.

*** Created File tmpOs.nb.new

Exited ... tools\osnbtool.exe

Started ... tools\osnbtool.exe

*** Created File tmpXip.bin

*** Certificate, File Signing Security check already Patched

*** Page Pool Patched. PP = 10

*** Page Pool change Lock already Patched

*** Page Pool Current Value = 4

*** Created File xip.bin

Exited ... tools\osnbtool.exe

Started ... tools\osnbtool.exe

*** Created File D:\i8000kitchen\tmpOs.nb

Please Wait...

Guest wes58
i wanted to change the page pool size using romtool ... but it doesn't seem to work.

i unchecked delete temporary files .... and the tmpOs.nb.NEW seems to have the right new page pool .... but octans won't accept tmpOs.nb.NEW .... even renaming it made no difference.

Help please ....

msglog

I am not sure of your folder structure in your kitchen.

Normally you would put the file that you want to change page pool in the folder _template (or a copy of the _template folder with a different name).

_template folder has all other folders required for build/modifications - "Tools", "XipTools", "Finished Rom"...

In your case it looks like you have your file that you want to change page pool in folder "i8000Kitchen". In this folder you probably have other folders like "Tools" and "XipTools". The one folder that is missing is "Finished Rom".

If that is a case you can create a "Finished Rom" folder in "i8000Kitchen" - that's where a new .nb0 file will be created.

Or you can put the file that you want to change in _Template folder and make sure that your "Work Folder" looks like this "D:\i8000kitchen\_Template\" and "ROM:"[_Template]".

In _Template folder you should also have "Finished Rom" folder.

Edited by wes58

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Snotic

---------------------------

tools\ImgfsToDumpxxx.exe

---------------------------

Windows 找不到文件 'tools\ImgfsToDumpxxx.exe'。请确定文件名是否正确后,再试一次。要搜索文件,请

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wes58
pkgtool.exe has an error and must end.

what is this?

Pkgtool.exe is converting dumped rom files to sys and oem packages - it is reading dsm and packages.sof files. You can check if they look ok if you open with hexeditor. If you are trying to dump the rom which has been lzx compressed you will get this error.

You didn't write what you are doing. What rom are you trying to dump?

Guest Devil1978

[ROM]6.5.x_Sense2.5_lite_English, JF5(6.5.5 23569)

This ROM i flashed on my omnia and dumped the rom.

Because i will see how is builded the rom.

I will create a Sensei2.5 ROM in german language.

Guest wes58
[ROM]6.5.x_Sense2.5_lite_English, JF5(6.5.5 23569)

This ROM i flashed on my omnia and dumped the rom.

Because i will see how is builded the rom.

I will create a Sensei2.5 ROM in german language.

So, I guess it is kydkylin's rom and as he wrote it uses lzx compression. ImgfsToDumpxxx.exe (which romTool is using) won't dump correctly this rom and pkgtool.exe will fail as well.

If you want to dump this rom you could try using xidump from xda-developers website.

Guest Devil1978

Ok thank you.

And whats with this ROM?

ROM][08/07/2010] Sense 2.5.2016 - MultiLang from Shadowangel?

Is this with the compression?

I can't read anything about it.