[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000_23529 Lite ROM (Eng) - Timebomb patched

Guest KSTAN

Guest johnchua55

internet cannot download blank means your "start" address is left blank .... personally this i what i prefer ... since you don't wanna waste connection time on explorer connecting to MSN or some site you don't wanna go to whenever you startup internet explorer. i dunno how to change this setting as i don't see any option for it. must be a hidden setting.

Guest johnchua55

there's abug in the contacts menu ...... i set the scroll bar to the left ...... but after a while it keeps going back to the right ..... buggy samsung sh#$t

Guest corny2007

Does anyone else have a bug with messaging? If the phone has been on for a while, if I try to message someone using the wm sms, I cannot add any recipients, and I select the contact first their number is not added. Quite an annoying bug!

Guest turtle_brian

Thanks very much for this excellent rom. But I have an issue on Samsung skinned SMS application.

Since I have a huge amount of SMS (nearly 10k for years) and everytime when I use the Samsung skinned SMS app it is HORRIBLY slow. In the previous 6.5 Lite ROM I have applied the .cab to change the SMS app back to the original one bundled in WM. Please refer to the cab here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...abs-repository/

(using the original SMS app can definitely improve my situation)

But when I tried the same .cab again in this 6.5.5 Lite ROM, there is no change to the SMS app, it is still Samsung skinned app. May I know if the original SMS app is included in this Lite ROM? Is there any method to enable the original app and disable the Samsung one?

Thanks very much again.

Guest corny2007

Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

From http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-programs-faq/

Guest Crudeoil

I've been trying this rom for a while and it's great. Anyhow, I learned how to live with some issues it has.

for example the ie "blank screen" message every time i open the browser (i use titanium).. using chome editor I just remove internet explorer tab and made a opera tab.

Sometimes the device hangs when it locks, having to remove the battery for making it comeback.

On the other hand, I don't know why but seems that there's a problem with marketplace, i mean.. it works, but keep showing connectivity problems frequently, being the only app that gives me that kind of problems, I assume something is wrong.

Battery life seems to be worst with this rom, comparing with the original 6.5 one, but the device feels faster and has more free memory.

thanks KSTAN for your hard work

Guest wymonsoon

I have flashed your rom, it works perfectly on my phone.

I am always attracted by lite roms since i can decide which application i can install and use.

Very elegeant work, thanks anyway

ROM is release 'as-is', there is NO garuantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM. (Anyway, it's working on my phone).

Build 23529 Based on 25th Jan 2010 OEM release

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.5.5 build 23529 (Thanks Da_G for the based ROM)

- OEM from 25th Jan 2010

Removed:

- Online Widget, Most ringtones, images, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, Midomi, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Smart Converter, Smart Memo, Video editor, Windows Live, marketplace, Myphone, Msn weather, Msn money, opera, application store, rich internet, games, youtube, adobe reader.

Preserved:

- Samsung tclock, Samsung Calendar, CHome, Photo Album, Recorder, Samsung Settings, Samsung MMS-SMS, phonebook, samsung keyboard, Touch Player, FM Radio, Blacktheme and Classic Blue theme and WM default themes.

Added:

- Removed Security warnings, SDK Certs, some modified registries.

- 5-column start menu

- Button 1 --> Mapped to Samsung Settings

- Button 1 hold --> Mapped to WM TaskMgr

- Button 2 --> No change

- Button 2 Hold --> Mapped to Samsung Calendar

- Timebomb patched

Bugs:

- Vertical scrollbar in samsung dialer. (Dialer set to default WM dialer).

- To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin.

- Let me know if there's others :(

Screenshots

post-538416-1265478538_thumb.png post-538416-1265478544_thumb.png post-538416-1265478549_thumb.png

MediaFire Links

1. pda-kstan-lite-23529-ja5.part1.rar

2. pda-kstan-lite-23529-ja5.part2.rar

Rapidshare Links

pda-kstan-lite-23529-ja5.rar

Build 23518 Based on 25th Jan 2010 OEM release

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.5.5 build 23518 (Thanks Da_G for the based ROM)

- OEM from 25th Jan 2010

Removed:

- Online Widget, Most ringtones, images, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, Midomi, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Smart Converter, Smart Memo, Video editor, Windows Live, marketplace, Myphone, Msn weather, Msn money, opera, application store, rich internet, games, youtube, adobe reader.

Preserved:

- Samsung tclock, Samsung Calendar, CHome, Photo Album, Recorder, Samsung Settings, Samsung MMS-SMS, phonebook, samsung keyboard, Touch Player, FM Radio, Blacktheme and Classic Blue theme and WM default themes.

Added:

- Removed Security warnings, SDK Certs, some modified registries, NetCF 3.5.

- 5-column start menu

- Button 2 --> No change

- Timebomb patched

Bugs:

- To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin.

Screenshots

post-538416-1265089374_thumb.png post-538416-1265089380_thumb.png post-538416-1265089394_thumb.png post-538416-1265089405_thumb.png post-538416-1265089416_thumb.png

MediaFire Links

1. pda-kstan-lite-23518-ja5_020210.part1.rar

2. pda-kstan-lite-23518-ja5_020210.part2.rar

Rapidshare Links

pda-kstan-lite-23518-ja5-020210.rar

Based on 1st ROM released on Jan 2010

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.5.5 build 23518 (Thanks Da_G for the based ROM)

- OEM from 1st ROM released on Jan 2010

Removed:

- Online Widget, images, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, Midomi, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Smart Converter, Smart Memo, Video editor, Windows Live, marketplace, Myphone, Msn weather, Msn money, opera, application store, rich internet, games, youtube, adobe reader.

Preserved:

Added:

- Removed Security warnings, SDK Certs, some modified registries, NetCF 3.5.

- 4-column start menu

- Button 2 --> No change

- Timebomb patched

Bugs:

Screenshots

(Note*: Resco Photo Manager and Resco Screen Capture not included in ROM)

post-538416-1263999115_thumb.png post-538416-1263999129_thumb.png post-538416-1263999136_thumb.png post-538416-1263999156_thumb.png post-538416-1263999215_thumb.png

Download link:

Mediafire links

1. i8000-kstan-lite-23518-ja1.nb0.part1.rar

2. i8000-kstan-lite-23518-ja1.nb0.part2.rar

Rapidshare links

1. i8000-kstan-lite-23518-ja1-nb0.rar

Titanium fix

1. kstan_titanium_fix.cab

Thanks to:

- secany for ROM upload

- rodrigofd and wes58 who initiated this customized ROM project

- wes58 for his guide

- pako777 for his great i900executor

- gigges and weisun and acwan

- sorg for his dump tool and information

Let me know if i missed out any names.. :(

Hello everyone,

BREAKING NEWS: MMS send/receive is no longer a problem on this ROM! :( :( :(

Use Arcsoft MMS from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624375. Follow the steps carefully (install policy lifter reboot install arcsoft reboot).

Go to MMS options in the Messaging Meno (you won't see any arcsoft shortcut). Configure your server (like you used to do on WM 6.1) and you're good to go!!!!

I'm so glad I can contribute to the brilliant work of kstan and with all the O2 community!!!! :(

Guest lululala

KSTAN,

it is strange that I just encountered the 'The beta testing is over. .....Thank you for beta testing this release....." just a short while ago. isn't the timebomb patched already? looks like i gotta flash the 6.5.3 instead

Guest Crudeoil
anyone? =(

I think the most significant change is the upgrade to office 2010 with threaded email and other things.. anyway i moved to 6.5.3 as (at least on my side) has better battery life. Maybe there are other improvements, but I can't tell as I'm not sure.

Edited by Crudeoil

Guest Chad Petree
I think the most significant change is the upgrade to office 2010 with threaded email and other things.. anyway i moved to 6.5.3 as (at least on my side) has better battery life. Maybe there are other improvements, but I can't tell as I'm not sure.

not even new icons?

Guest Chad Petree
office icons are new.. others seems unchanged to me.

i expected much more from 6.5.5 , 6.5.3 had quite a few USEFUL improvements over 6.5 =/

Edited by Chad Petree

• 1 month later...