Can not update Samsung MITs drivers

Guest das7771

Guest das7771

I have been trying to flash my o2 the past couple of days but I have been having trouble with my phone staying connected to my comp once I turn my phone off. I am using Windows 7 x64 and have followed the steps in the guide closely. But every time I turn my phone off and plug in the usb cable my phone will show up in the mobile device list with Samsung Mit showing in the list. As soon as the charging icon appears on my phone and the phone begins to charge I lose connection and the mobile device listing disappears. I can plug/unplug my phone and the drivers will show under the mobile device menu but disappear as soon as the phone begins to charge. I can not find a way to hold a connection so that I can change the drivers and connect to Octans. I was looking for a way to disable charging through the USB cable but I can not find a setting so I am assuming I can not do it. I have also hard reset my phone and I get the same results. Has any one else experienced this.

Guest amdzero
I have been trying to flash my o2 the past couple of days but I have been having trouble with my phone staying connected to my comp once I turn my phone off. I am using Windows 7 x64 and have followed the steps in the guide closely. But every time I turn my phone off and plug in the usb cable my phone will show up in the mobile device list with Samsung Mit showing in the list. As soon as the charging icon appears on my phone and the phone begins to charge I lose connection and the mobile device listing disappears. I can plug/unplug my phone and the drivers will show under the mobile device menu but disappear as soon as the phone begins to charge. I can not find a way to hold a connection so that I can change the drivers and connect to Octans. I was looking for a way to disable charging through the USB cable but I can not find a setting so I am assuming I can not do it. I have also hard reset my phone and I get the same results. Has any one else experienced this.

as previously stated...

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

you should be back in business after this.

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

THATS when you finally plug your powered off phone to the usb.

Guest das7771
as previously stated...

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

you should be back in business after this.

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

THATS when you finally plug your powered off phone to the usb.

Well I can not thank you enough. The guide I was following was missing some steps. I am currently flashing my first rom. thanks for the quick reply.

Guest amdzero
Well I can not thank you enough. The guide I was following was missing some steps. I am currently flashing my first rom. thanks for the quick reply.

No problem. Glad I could help.