[12.09.2010] [ROM] I8000 CUSTOM WM6.5(.x) ROM FROM PDAVIET by Sonblack

Guest sonblack

Guest bouboule

Very beautiful and reactive rom

Is this possible to have the same ROm but light, without S2U2, JMLtoday etc ... like your ROMs SB12, 13 .....

Because we cannot remove this programs, they are all include in the ROM

I prefer have more RAM than all this, even its beautiful

And with cabs the one who wants S2U2, etc ... can install by himself.

Thanks again

Little Problem : I cannot use Fring like older roms (wifi mode : wifi ok, but don't connect to Fring, don't find the password and username screen and go back)

Edited by bouboule

Guest quizesilver
I can't connect as well after flashing. I believe its the JC rom issue. tried with both JC1 and JC2, gprs are not working even using the restore setting method.

What i did was to backup the registry settings in JB(1 or 2 or 3) version which was working and restore it back to JC2. Do a soft-reset and its working.

Thanks for the rom, sonblack. :P

hi bro

which registry did u back up ??

Guest plguzman

SB, looks like a great ROM. Unfortunately I need more RAM available :-/. It would be possible to release a "UltraLite" version of this ROM?

Cheers!

Guest contable

@previa: install whatever you like, it´s your phone :P

@bouboule: I´m running fring right now. I´ve posted in Lancez´s thread how to set up fring

Guest quizesilver
The discussion about the gprs configuration is really boring because it has been answered more than 1000 times here at modaco... :P Fact is if the rom is working with one provider (in my case it´s working with T-Mobile Germany) it should work with all other providers, too.

hi contable, i am sorry that u have to keep on repeating such "easy" solution.

a screen shot of my device. do not have this "adc.exe" under the window directory.

also

i am facing the same prob for all hong kong or taiwan base rom.

i am sure this has nothing to do with the cooker. as i tried stock rom also cant.

i am back to using GC JB3 base rom.

aside to spectralblade, can u try delete the "setting" and use the adc method if it works.

thanks

post-443921-1269848781_thumb.png

Guest contable
hi contable, i am sorry that u have to keep on repeating such "easy" solution.

a screen shot of my device. do not have this "adc.exe" under the window directory.

also

i am facing the same prob for all hong kong or taiwan base rom.

i am sure this has nothing to do with the cooker. as i tried stock rom also cant.

i am back to using GC JB3 base rom.

aside to spectralblade, can u try delete the "setting" and use the adc method if it works.

thanks

Use Total Commander instead of File Explorer (or go to settings and enable all files) and you´ll find it. File Explorer doesn´t show up (hidden) system files by default.

Edited by contable

Guest bouboule
@previa: install whatever you like, it´s your phone :P

I've only between 44 and 25.26 MB free RAM. It's not enough for me and Igo8 refuse to start without soft reset for cleaning the ram

And we cannot remove all JML etc ... They are not listed in the "Remove programs"

@bouboule: I´m running fring right now. I´ve posted in Lancez´s thread how to set up fring

Please where ?

i found a post lowcaller but not post for settings Fring

and found a post where you say u install Fring with Active Sync but i have the same problem :

Fring start, connect to the wifi network, but cannot go further

@all: For getting full auto-data-configuration: start Total Commander, browse to windows folder and start adc.exe one time.

Click on adc.exe and ... don't start

Thanks for all

Edited by bouboule

Guest jhlee_0722
Another hint:

If the JMLToday buttons aren´t clickable after flashing do the following:

1. Press SK2 (Menu) , then Settings and Finally JMLPanexForPlugins

2. Choose JMLToday, than all or page1

Now the buttons should work. :P

the buttons below the clock are still unclickable.. instead of the supposed menus, the sk2 menu came out everytime i click them... pls advice. thx

post-655816-1269858109_thumb.png

Edited by jhlee_0722

Guest quizesilver
Here 2 screenshots of my device:

post-502784-1269850290_thumb.pngpost-502784-1269850320_thumb.png

Best regards

contable

hi contable, thanks alot for your effort!

i think i know why it is not show due, i am not using sonblack rom. as i was making an inquiring on the jc2 rom

Guest Iggih
the buttons below the clock are still unclickable.. instead of the supposed menus, the sk2 menu came out everytime i click them... pls advice. thx

I had the same problem too - it seems that icons somehow have been shifted. I tried to manually change offset (Menu - Settings - JMLOffset) but couldn't

repair it completely. I already wanted to give up, but then I changed skin to "JMLToday_v5.5" and after that, again to "default". After that everything

was OK.

However, are the buttons left and right from the clock supposed to be clickable? And also buttons between Bluetooth and Wifi icons?

EDIT: Now I noticed that you were talking about icons below the clock, sry... I had problems with the whole today panel which was shifted quite a bit.

But there are still "unclickable" icons around and below the clock.

Edited by Iggih

Guest NewForce
Thank you and very happy when I know you here!

I'm uploading Part 2!

I hope to receive your feedback here! :P

Hi Sonblack,

Has been a busy day for me and some hard time download your rom from Rapidshare which I ended download from zSHARE.

Below some of my quick feedback after using it for 1 hour.

The good one,

1. You rom so far the fastest rom among wm6.5/6.5.x under 16MB pagepool.

2. No USB Active/Mass Storage connections trouble at all no matter how many times I've plug in & out the USB cable.

3. ActiveSync/Mass Storage connections File browser speed under also much faster compare to other rom's.

Did you added a Turbo accelerator onto the USB connection? B)

The bad things,

1. There's old wm5.3/6 password/email screen at initial boot-up screen? Can this to be remove?

2. Many users might have been confuse as there's some new Titanium setup screen at 1st fully boot-up screen.

Can this to be remove? I'd believe most users will like to have the choice on their hand to choose their desire Titanium?

3. SPlugin and CHome icon files has been removed. Is inconvenience for users who like the original Titanium.

I suggest you keep them in next release, they're only occupy 348KB+ of space.

4. The default theme white background does not matches the black windows busy scrolling bar.

Think the original Saumsung wm6.5 Black theme perfect matches your new black windows busy scrolling bar.

5. The top taskbar icons are small and too dime for visual pleasure. I've suggest you remove their square boxes and have their icons enlarge to a bigger size.

Above just some of me short 1 hours of experience with your new rom. I'm great it is a very fast & stable rom. Thank you very much Sonblack! :(

And for the suggestions, it is just my feeling about them. Other users might think otherwise and love it a lot.

* :( Oh my... Sonblack, did you change the 2D graphic driver or it registry settings?

The 2D graphic now without anti-liasing. Was this the secret to the faster system speed too?

Edited by NewForce

Guest Lancez
@Lancez: Are you back from Atlanta ? Buddy, you are a hardcore driver, too. :P

its a long drive, 4800miles/7740km round trip. damn it, lol. theme's working fine, except icons right under the clock. are they supposed to be a quick menu launcher? coz when i click on anyone of them, the menu pops up same as the menu botton at lower right hand side. :(

Guest sonblack
its a long drive, 4800miles/7740km round trip. damn it, lol. theme's working fine, except icons right under the clock. are they supposed to be a quick menu launcher? coz when i click on anyone of them, the menu pops up same as the menu botton at lower right hand side. :P

Oh no! This is a bug of JMLToday.

It's working fine if you set alarm in advance and then you check these icons again you will see everything OK.

If you click Menu - Update, after that you have the problem. Only set an alarm. Everything will be ok. Off course, you can remove alarm you set after that :(

Edited by sonblack

Guest sonblack
* :P Oh my... Sonblack, did you change the 2D graphic driver or it registry settings?

The 2D graphic now without anti-liasing. Was this the secret to the faster system speed too?

Thank you so much for your feedbacks

No............. I don't do that!

Edited by sonblack

Guest NewForce
its a long drive, 4800miles/7740km round trip. damn it, lol. theme's working fine, except icons right under the clock. are they supposed to be a quick menu launcher? coz when i click on anyone of them, the menu pops up same as the menu botton at lower right hand side. :P

Lancez, you're on business trip? Why on earth you travel from Los Angeles to Atlanta with a car?

Get a roc.. jet wouldn't it be much much faster and less headache?

Travel from San Jose to Los Angeles with only 7hrs of driving time already killing me.

Guest NewForce
Thank you so much for your feedbacks

No............. I don't do that!

I see, maybe I had mistaken that. Below was a screenshot from the Navigator I use to make that 2D comment.

post-31662-1269861787_thumb.png

Guest Lancez

It's working fine if you set alarm in advance and then you check these icons again you will see everything OK.

If you click Menu - Update, after that you have the problem. Only set an alarm. Everything will be ok. Off course, you can remove alarm you set after that :(

done! it is tricky,lol. i need to ask contable how to link them to my perfered apps :P

Guest jhlee_0722

If you click Menu - Update, after that you have the problem. Only set an alarm. Everything will be ok. Off course, you can remove alarm you set after that :P

thx!!

Guest Lancez
Lancez, you're on business trip? Why on earth you travel from Los Angeles to Atlanta with a car?

Get a roc.. jet wouldn't it be much much faster and less headache?

Travel from San Jose to Los Angeles with only 7hrs of driving time already killing me.

it is a part of my job to check on some branchs and teminals once every 3 months. besides i got 6 other guys with me, one of them is my boss. so a EcoVan is better than jumping around the country. i only wish i have a power socket in the damn van, lol.

7 hours from San Jose to L.A? im assuming u were talking about round trip, coz it only took me 5 hours to Sacramento last week :P

Guest sonblack
done! it is tricky,lol. i need to ask contable how to link them to my perfered apps :P

:( You only revise the files as follows in Program Files/JMLToday folder depending on your idea:

- Gps.mnu

- JMLAction.mnu

- Photos.mnu

- Media.mnu

- Settings.mnu

- Web.mnu

by Total Commander (its Text Editor)

See these files, you know the way to do easily

Edited by sonblack

Guest NewForce
it is a part of my job to check on some branchs and teminals once every 3 months. besides i got 6 other guys with me, one of them is my boss. so a EcoVan is better than jumping around the country. i only wish i have a power socket in the damn van, lol.

7 hours from San Jose to L.A? im assuming u were talking about round trip, coz it only took me 5 hours to Sacramento last week :P

My friends was the driver we were driving from South Saratoga.

Stopped by Morgan Hill to pick another friend and then head straight to Los Angeles.

Guest jhlee_0722
:P You only revise the files as follows in Program Files/JMLToday folder depending on your idea:

- Gps.mnu

- JMLAction.mnu

- Photos.mnu

- Media.mnu

- Settings.mnu

- Web.mnu

by Total Commander (its Text Editor)

See these files, you know the way to do easily

thx alot! this is really helpful!

Guest Lancez
My friends was the driver we were driving from South Saratoga.

Stopped by Morgan Hill to pick another friend and then head straight to Los Angeles.

i see. but 7 hours is still way too much. your friend must be a girl then :P