[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest marcionavarro

Staff in this new ROM resolved the problem of the app on Twitter as names blank in RT or REPLY?

And how do I solve the problem of WI FI? I can not run it connects but never logs on the network.

Hug from Brazil to all forum.

Guest sioppao
Good luck with exams, Enrico!

Anybody knows how on this WM version to set default keyboard?

I installed swype, I select it while typing anything all ok; but after reset everytime Samsung keyboard becomes default. I can't find "Input Method" on this version of WM ;)

Also, Is there HTC messaging app. in cab for our phone anywhere around?

Install IMSelector or SIPChange

Guest Liberteh

Hello.

I've been using standard firmware with own modifications + SPB Shell. It runned alot more smooth than Sense is right now (I installed it yesterday)

Although this is a VERY VERY nice ROM there are still some issues. This is what I've seen so far:

My bluetooth headset controls don't work for music. If I get called, I can pick it up etc with my headset (button)

That's not a problem right? Not if I used my headset (Philips SHB9000) for primarily music (on the go). So it's a little annoying to first get your phone, unlock it en then pause the music so you can answer some strangers question for direction.

Also, the Samsung keyboard is a bit too low. It goes a little over the OK/CANCEL etc buttons. Not a problem, but I love eyecandy.

Also, I saw vlad69's comment on Internet Explorer. I can use it here, it just gives an error "Internet Explorer cannot download blank" (and it loads the samsung default page after that.

I haven't changed my homepage yet, so that could be it.

The buttons (on the bottom when in program) I don't like the design. The roundy effects spoils it, in my honest opinion. I think this is HD2's default. But can't you put in some other? square ones ;)

Another problem: When Sense does not recognize a number, and I wanna enter it in the addressbook, the text I enter turns up the same colour (it types, but looks like spces) as the background.

I also noticed when listening to music and doing 1 other thing (that might be from a simple settings change to opening a program) the music stops for a second.. or two.. or three.. won't start till the program or settings change is done (loading). I think that's because the music player (on the homes screen) is integrated with Sense, and Sense can't keep up at those times, amirite?

the reason I started using this rom is because I find the TouchWiz UI badword annoying/stupid/ugly/slow/uncooperative. but I still see parts of it back with this rom.

I think you're doing an amazing job, Enrico, keep it up, you'll get this ROM right!

Guest bratboo

Hi Sir Enrico,

Your ROM was fantastic! Can I ask on how to change the Start Menu in to the other Menu Start?

Some thing like this, If I tap the start button the Default Start Menu Will be like that.

Sense_English.png When press main.jpg

Hope someone can help me. That start menu was much faster.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by bratboo

Guest enrico988
Hi Mr Enrico,

Good luck to you for your great ROM. Can you pleased add 95% application from HD2, like mr rod Leo2 ROM like sms, mms, keyboard ez input, calculator, previously i am htc user and great love to their software. My omnia ii untill today still cannot run Garmin XT, stop during ' i agree' term. Any idea how to get video call & you tube function. Tqvm

With the new release I'll add some other HTC stuff ;)

About GarminXT, it's due to AmebaService's PositionFix.. Try to fix it downloading the new version (here, 0.8rc). You can see it's mentioned in the changelog.

Hello.

I've been using standard firmware with own modifications + SPB Shell. It runned alot more smooth than Sense is right now (I installed it yesterday)

Although this is a VERY VERY nice ROM there are still some issues. This is what I've seen so far:

My bluetooth headset controls don't work for music. If I get called, I can pick it up etc with my headset (button)

That's not a problem right? Not if I used my headset (Philips SHB9000) for primarily music (on the go). So it's a little annoying to first get your phone, unlock it en then pause the music so you can answer some strangers question for direction.

Also, the Samsung keyboard is a bit too low. It goes a little over the OK/CANCEL etc buttons. Not a problem, but I love eyecandy.

Also, I saw vlad69's comment on Internet Explorer. I can use it here, it just gives an error "Internet Explorer cannot download blank" (and it loads the samsung default page after that.

I haven't changed my homepage yet, so that could be it.

The buttons (on the bottom when in program) I don't like the design. The roundy effects spoils it, in my honest opinion. I think this is HD2's default. But can't you put in some other? square ones ;)

Another problem: When Sense does not recognize a number, and I wanna enter it in the addressbook, the text I enter turns up the same colour (it types, but looks like spces) as the background.

I also noticed when listening to music and doing 1 other thing (that might be from a simple settings change to opening a program) the music stops for a second.. or two.. or three.. won't start till the program or settings change is done (loading). I think that's because the music player (on the homes screen) is integrated with Sense, and Sense can't keep up at those times, amirite?

the reason I started using this rom is because I find the TouchWiz UI badword annoying/stupid/ugly/slow/uncooperative. but I still see parts of it back with this rom.

I think you're doing an amazing job, Enrico, keep it up, you'll get this ROM right!

-The bluetooth headset issue: does it work with TouchPlayer?

-There is a new theme provided in the rom (the one from screenshots). Go in theme selection e choose "Condor GT Black Edition".

-About the addressbook I don't know, but it happens only on English verison (not on Italian one).

Hi Sir Enrico,

Your ROM was fantastic! Can I ask on how to change the Start Menu in to the other Menu Start?

Some thing like this, If I tap the start button the Default Start Menu Will be like that.

Hope someone can help me. That start menu was much faster.

Thanks a lot!

Download Ameba settings from here and set as StartMenuTap action: open app...then just browse in \Windows for MainMenu.exe...

Edited by enrico988

Guest kaizer hanz
Is this ROM better or worse at this time than Rodrigofd's leo beta2? So should I make the switch? For what I have read, good job Enrico and keep up the good work! Can you add the HTC book tab and this one: http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/co0kies-...home-tab-mod-17 ?

I've been tested in others ROM (GC ROM build 21647), and then I install Manila HTC Sense 2.5 2011 + co0kies Home Tab v1.7.0.0, if I want to change "Home Layout" (to change clock and weather in Home tab) HTC Sense is Crash... I think the problem is from Driver 3D openGL, we need update driver 3D openGL for Samsung (as like Chainfire thread) I hope we can collect some "donation" for Chainfire to make 3D driver OpenGL v2 work better in our Omnia 2 so we can "play" HTC Sense without problem ;) ;) ;)

but I don't know in ROM from enrico988 (WM 6.5.5 build 23551), i didn't test it.. :P

Guest Asgardi
I've been tested in others ROM (GC ROM build 21647), and then I install Manila HTC Sense 2.5 2011 + co0kies Home Tab v1.7.0.0, if I want to change "Home Layout" (to change clock and weather in Home tab) HTC Sense is Crash... I think the problem is from Driver 3D openGL, we need update driver 3D openGL for Samsung (as like Chainfire thread) I hope we can collect some "donation" for Chainfire to make 3D driver OpenGL v2 work better in our Omnia 2 so we can "play" HTC Sense without problem ;) ;) ;)

but I don't know in ROM from enrico988 (WM 6.5.5 build 23551), i didn't test it.. :P

Yeah I got that crash too. It might be possible that cooking it in solves the problem and if not better OpenGL driver is needed. It differs from previous opengl driver issues with rodrigofd's beta 1 so that at that time sense was restarted. Here the problem is that sense hangs. Of course everything else works with that mod and I think it is possible to change those settings through registry editor if someone finds the correct keys... However, the defaut settings are better than original sense so cooking it in is still a good idea.

Guest NikAhmad
With the new release I'll add some other HTC stuff ;)

About GarminXT, it's due to AmebaService's PositionFix.. Try to fix it downloading the new version (here, 0.8rc). You can see it's mentioned in the changelog.[\quote]

Thank you Mr Enrico,

Garmin XT function after install Ameaba 0.8rc. Anyone can create cab for Video Call enable (only tweak as post 1) and Voice call cab (tweak back to phone canvas). Sometimes i want to switch from htc phone canvas dialer to samsung video call dialer. Another one, any member have you tube cab function with this ROM, tqvm

Edited by NikAhmad

Guest fekovic

Have anybody a stable rom which work on this? I install this nb0 file but i still have the same problem - 3 sec. ring delay :@

PDA: I8000NXXJC1

CSC: I8000EURJD4

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

Guest Chivas610

I've used this rom for several day's, but I'm sorry to say I'm switching to a jd1 lite due to the bad speed of this rom ;) I know sense requires a lot, but maybe the speed could be improved if you make a lite rom? I guess things like samsung cube etc could be removed to improve memory and speed...?

Hopefully there will be a faster sense rom later, then I'll return to it ;)

Guest Mrcot
I've used this rom for several day's, but I'm sorry to say I'm switching to a jd1 lite due to the bad speed of this rom ;) I know sense requires a lot, but maybe the speed could be improved if you make a lite rom? I guess things like samsung cube etc could be removed to improve memory and speed...?

Hopefully there will be a faster sense rom later, then I'll return to it ;)

I think that removing application like cube or other samsung stuff will increase you archive space that actually

is around 200mb (a very respectable figure) but doenst affect anyway sense speed.

The manila requires about 20mb ram so at reboot you start from 80mb without sense and 60mb with sense activated.

After some use for samsung/windows memory leak your available ram decline around 45mb and with massiive use

you may need a reboot at end of day.

This memory leak doesnt affect sense speed but can cause autoclose of other application like opera and camera which requires

lots of memory.

The sense speed is limited by 2 other factor:

1) drivers

2) cpu speed of omnia

The drivers are still in development stage and we all hope to have better drivers soon

To improve your sense experience actually on this rom and even on lite ultralite you have

only 2 option:

1) deactivate flip clock and weather animation on home tab, deactivate tab you dont use

2) overclock omnia using fpuenabler and s3 overclock-

I did these steps time ago and i'm fully satisfied of sense speed and overall rom performance

Guest Chivas610
To improve your sense experience actually on this rom and even on lite ultralite you have

only 2 option:

1) deactivate flip clock and weather animation on home tab, deactivate tab you dont use

2) overclock omnia using fpuenabler and s3 overclock-

I did these steps time ago and i'm fully satisfied of sense speed and overall rom performance

Oky, I see. Well, the weather animation is one of the things making this rom nifty, and a must keep ;) Maybe I'll look into the flip clock thingy (not really necessary to have the flip, and besides, it's always wrong when unlocking the phone), and overclocking. Last option is byuing an HD2 I guess ;)

Guest enrico988
Oky, I see. Well, the weather animation is one of the things making this rom nifty, and a must keep ;) Maybe I'll look into the flip clock thingy (not really necessary to have the flip, and besides, it's always wrong when unlocking the phone), and overclocking. Last option is byuing an HD2 I guess ;)

Exactly ;) But remember that the weather animation is the main cause that makes Sense slowish...

Guest enrico988
How can I switch off weather animation?

u can try installing Co0kies Home Tab v.1.7.0.0 and CHT Editor v.1.7.0.0

Tap right soft-key in the home tab and choose change wallpaper, then choose Animated Wallpaper and select your favorite background (also static).

Guest ov2rey
Tap right soft-key in the home tab and choose change wallpaper, then choose Animated Wallpaper and select your favorite background (also static).

when is the new build release?

Guest Lenny76
Have anybody a stable rom which work on this? I install this nb0 file but i still have the same problem - 3 sec. ring delay :@

PDA: I8000NXXJC1

CSC: I8000EURJD4

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

+1

Problem is same for me... ;)

Enrico please fix this....

BR,

Guest Man12529

hmmm any one got this problem when u do a soft reset with the application inside, the mobile tracker will send a sms to the reciever u set, even though u nv change sim card?