[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest Man12529

I notice my navphone some time will open successfully with out the sense bar block it.. but i still can't get it to work everytime..

Edited by Man12529

Great effort!! But not without problems – I had to revert to Samsung ROM for the following reasons:

8. Screen locks up on wakeup and no way to turn it off

I will try again once the above problems are fixed. I appreciate the effort!

You can disable it in Samsung Setting

Guest ahillies
I notice my navphone some time will open successfully with out the sense bar block it.. but i still can't get it to work everytime..

had the same problem but ok after soft reset. probably due to low memory.

Guest Man12529
had the same problem but ok after soft reset. probably due to low memory.

you are right man!! it troublesome to reset everytime. but @ least it is working.. thnaks!! btw u got problem locking GPS with xtra on?

Guest Snowman119

Today, I run the FPU Enabler because I want to overclock the CPU by S3Clock to 900Mhz.

After that, I find that my free memory increase about 10MB!!!

Anyone know why??? Surprise!!!!

Ok, I've done another FIX-cab, this one should work. Please give some feedback.

It fixes:

-Album text mirrored

-XT9 dictionaries

-WiFi on/off button in Sense Comm.Manager.

Great! All of the fixes work! Except that the dictionary for the PlumSIP WGA v6.1 that i use for input in the HTC Message still dont work. I understand that the interface is in chinese so you may have problems fixing it, so that's alright, everything else is great!

As for Wifi, a tip here for all. I use Wifi Toggler from: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...fi-toggler.html. Set it as an icon in the home tab. It much much much faster than going into the Comm.Manager (it lags so much!)

Guest enrico988
Great effort!! But not without problems – I had to revert to Samsung ROM for the following reasons:

1. WiFi did not work – just would not turn on

2. Installed Swype, but the keyboard overlapped with the Start/Phone/Menu buttons

3. Could not get the same look of Sense as shown on the pictures. Button menus are too highlighted

4. Slow response time

5. This ROM does not use nice Sense Messaging

6. No Input option for default selection of keyboard

7. Internet Explorer does not work. Message: couldn't install blank

8. Screen locks up on wakeup and no way to turn it off

I will try again once the above problems are fixed. I appreciate the effort!

Hey you :P

1. I did a fix for this. Otherwise you can change a reg key mentioned in this or previous page.

2. It's 6.5.x fault, not mine :(

3. Pictures show my Sense configuration with THIS rom, so actually you can reproduce it.

4. We don't have a HTC phone to fit perfectly SenseUI.

5. Right.

6. Againg, 6.5.x fault. For changing input, tap-hold the keyboard pop-up button.

7. It works. When "couldn't install blank" screen appears, just press 'X' button and close it, IExplorer will start correctly.

8. As mentioned some posts ago, it can be done from Settings-->Display

Thank you for trying this rom :(

Great! All of the fixes work! Except that the dictionary for the PlumSIP WGA v6.1 that i use for input in the HTC Message still dont work. I understand that the interface is in chinese so you may have problems fixing it, so that's alright, everything else is great!

As for Wifi, a tip here for all. I use Wifi Toggler from: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...fi-toggler.html. Set it as an icon in the home tab. It much much much faster than going into the Comm.Manager (it lags so much!)

Thanks for the feedback!

However the dictionary fix was intended for european languages, those included in euro-JC1 rom.

And thanks for the WiFi tip, I'm going to try it B)

@All: It seems that changing manila's main MUI (user interface language) may cause some random issues, so please leave it english or deal with them.

Guest Screaming
Today, I run the FPU Enabler because I want to overclock the CPU by S3Clock to 900Mhz.

After that, I find that my free memory increase about 10MB!!!

Anyone know why??? Surprise!!!!

Can you share soft required for that? Link on homesite of this leads to nowhere these days.

Is there way to make this overclocking automatic? i.e. don't have to start application every time by hand...

How is battery doing on 900Mhz of CPU?

Thanks

Guest Mrcot
Can you share soft required for that? Link on homesite of this leads to nowhere these days.

Is there way to make this overclocking automatic? i.e. don't have to start application every time by hand...

How is battery doing on 900Mhz of CPU?

Thanks

i'm testing Fpuenabler +Overclock since a week with good result in Sense.

There is a mortscript command plus a little software for customization that i found on the web.

Complete automatic starting can give some issue, not always work, i think it's due to many processes at boot.

Any way i created a mortscript link on my today and even on sense to start overclock procedure+ Fpu with only one click

and it works like a charm.

You can speed your cpu untill 950 mhz with any iussue and with less significant battery drainage.

Give a look here: http://forum.hdblog.it/showthread.php?t=8435

But it's in Italian

Guest willis111

awesome rom, everything (except the landscape tf3d) seems to be working. The weather is so freaking smooth. Only problem I've seen is how it chews through the battery, even when I set performance to auto I get about 3/4 of a day out of a full charge with minimal use (I use my phone as an mp3 player at work, screen off and in my back pocket all day) and no "My Location" weather :P even tried installing the htcGeoService cab I found on ppcgeeks and firing up/locking on google maps prior to updating.

Guest Chivas610
Dear Enrico988

sense 2.5 feat v1.1

is that Italian rom????

is it an enlgish rom????

please answer me please as it is a newer rom than this and it seems better...

What makes you think it's newer and better? It's the same sense version and build...

Guest enrico988
How can i enable the weather background in home screen?

Right soft-key in Home-->home background (or something similar) --> weather background: and choose a static wallpaper from your collection. It will have the weather animation on the home :P

awesome rom, everything (except the landscape tf3d) seems to be working. The weather is so freaking smooth. Only problem I've seen is how it chews through the battery, even when I set performance to auto I get about 3/4 of a day out of a full charge with minimal use (I use my phone as an mp3 player at work, screen off and in my back pocket all day) and no "My Location" weather :( even tried installing the htcGeoService cab I found on ppcgeeks and firing up/locking on google maps prior to updating.

Yeah the battery drain is quite high due to high-ram-processor-consumption from Manila.

About the weather, the HTC_GeoService is already included, you have to enable first. Go to weather tab -> right soft-key -> Enable MyLocation: just then update the weather.

Dear Enrico988

sense 2.5 feat v1.1

is that Italian rom????

is it an enlgish rom????

please answer me please as it is a newer rom than this and it seems better...

It's an Italian rom, a bit newer than this, but with the fix provided they are the same I think.

Guest Okie65

Perhaps I just don't know what your battery expectations are... Despite many activities (calls, SMS, mail, Opera usage, weather updates, games, etc. my battery lasts at least four days...

Edited by Okie65

Guest kydkylin
anyone can summarize the bug until now ? (after the fix cab is out)

JD1 rom is available at Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader.Hope your new version will based on it soon~

Really like your rom.It's so fast and stable~~Waiting for your next version~~ ;)

Guest jeffrey2000
JD1 rom is available at Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader.Hope your new version will based on it soon~

Really like your rom.It's so fast and stable~~Waiting for your next version~~ ;)

woohooo

+1 on the official 6.5.3 "[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5 v2" with this PDA/PHONE/CSC! ;)

and pls leave the samsung today screen in aswell

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=51567index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=51566

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest kaizer hanz
woohooo

+1 on the official 6.5.3 "[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5 v2" with this PDA/PHONE/CSC! ;)

and pls leave the samsung today screen in aswell

+1 ;)

Edited by kaizer hanz

Guest ov2rey

TS i wish u could release a newer build 23557 with JD1 and pls remove samsung cub and enable the windows mobile gadgets..

this build is disable the gadgets....i don't know how to enable it...

Guest Vlad69
Hey guys, I want to share my latest work ;)

post-619680-1270026888_thumb.png post-619680-1270026937_thumb.png post-619680-1270026952_thumb.png post-619680-1270026966_thumb.png

Customizations:

-HTC Sense 2.5.20121225 from HTC Rhodium.

-LZX compression (more archiviation space)

-Power On/Off animation (credits to emse_186 @ xda)

-GoogleMaps 4.0 (for MyLocation service)

-MoDaCo NoData

-Condor GT Black Edition Theme (credits to El Condor @ xda)

-Ameba Service (Fixes app closing button - credits to xTep @ xda)

-SoftReset App

-HTC StartMenu Grid font

-Performance is HIGH by default

-Disabled Security Check

-SDK Certs

-All T9 languages preserved

Removed: Connected Home, Dice, DigitalFrame, Facebook, Youtube, Midomi, VideoEditor, SmartSearch, SmartReader, SmartMemo, UnitConverter, Qik, SmartSync, SharePix, Podcast, all games, all wallpapers and ringtones (except Samsung Tune and Cloudy Tone), MSN Weather & Money, Welcome Center (Getting Started).

EZinput not included, cause it's not fully compatible, so I kept Samsung Keypad

Memory: about 215MB (Erasing CSC) of archiviation and 70MB of free ram (with Sense enabled, but no weather or wallpaper animation), ~65MB (with all animation enabled)

Known Bugs:

-VideoCall doesn't work--> possible fix: use samsung dialer.

Change this valued: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] "ext"="\\Windows\\SECDialer.dll"

IMPORTANT:

- Use Octans 2.14 or newer. Flash at your own risk.

- If you flash CSC you'll have original Samsung power on/off animations, so I suggest to Erase CSC Data in Octans

DOWNLOAD: Part1 <-> Part2

Update 7th April: First FIX pack (attached in 2nd post) fixes:

-HTC Album: in fullscreen view, some text was mirrored.

-Comm.Manager: WiFi button didn't work.

-XT9 Dictionaries: word suggestion didn't work.

Credits:

-Ginkage & ChainFire for the OpenGL v1 dll (great)

-rodrigofd and wes who initiated customized ROM project

-Sorg for his dump tool

-NooBody for his Album and Music tab Fix

-jackyaway for his precious help

-wes for his simply great romTool

-Italian forum HDblog for its support and its friends

Hope I didn't forget anybody ;)

EnjoY!

Hi! How do I get the same look for the menu buttons and wallpaper? I like the way you configured you screens on your photos. Would be nice to include Missed Calles and Swype to be displayed correctly. My Internet Explorer does not start. Thank you for your work

Guest Basil Daniel

Dear Enrico

I would like to comment on your rom.

I find the work you have done on this rom to be one of the very best. (surely where the sence interface is involved)

The other roms I tried.... "I wont reffer to names".... are far inferior. And beleive me, I tried them all .... Literally!

Please do continue supporting this post that you have created with new updates and improvements.... Not that there are many.

warmest wishes

Your fans from Crete