JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest kydkylin
Geez, how could I forget.

Thank you kydkylin for the ROM links! ;)

You're welcome ;)

I just share the mirror links in the firs post as a mesaager~

Let's give big thx to those mirror providers~ ;)

Guest DunKnow

hmm, yea i noticed the bug about the volume stated by manosandrea. I did not flashed everything, but only PDA and i am missing the new incoming call screen, also i have facebook and youtube preinstalled. LOL!!

Guest Apolousm

OK, I've just flashed the ROM and I just can say that I feel very comfortable with it, But there's one problem and I would liketo know if someone can help me to solve it. When I am using the XT9 keyboard (texting), sometimes it loses the predictive function, I mean, it's like you tap the words but the predictive screen that let you see the multiple options for you to choose dissapear at all, so you just get the words in the screen but no options to choose.

Any idea on how to solve it?

I have had this problem in others ROMS, so I stayed in the JB1, but I would like to upgrade to 6.5.3

Guest KOYKOYRAS

Τhank you for this great ROM!

In general I'm satisfied with this one. Faster, more finger friendly, more beautyfull...

The media player is better BUT... It doesn't support .srt subtitles anymore!! This is a major drawback and i hope they'll fix it in the upcoming releases...

Guest manosandrea

Does anyone know , how we can change the wallpaper ( image) of the lock screen ??????

I think there is a thread in here somewhere , but don't know where exactly.

Thanks

Guest msra6la2
1st I like to thanks kydkylin for this greatest ROM. 谢谢您!This is by far the best ROM by Samsung.

4507806604_124733f449_o.png4507807266_1ecb426f8f_o.png

4507170209_d3668abe9b_o.png4507168357_9d638886fd_o.png

4507171695_73f3e03d37_o.png4507809674_d9abca555a_o.png

4507415515_e91b3aa577_o.png4507808738_f927403fa9_o.png

4507808420_e644e19b42_o.png4507170477_5232d5ae86_o.png

My small review of JD1 ROM:

- 1st Official Samsung WM 6.5.3 ROM.

- No more Alignment Issue.

- The most smoother Samsung WidgetPlus - no longer refresh the widget and jumping between each page is fluid and smooth.

- New Media Player, re-design with big and clear cover display (Similar with JC2) with better volumn control at left side volumn button.

- New Photo app as now it allow you to deselect folder you don't want to be display.

- Re-skin the calculator, must more better color than JC2.

- Re-skin of Samsung Keyboard which now suite better with theme and dialpad.

- Top header re-color, now is even much more better than JC2 which darker and better coloring.

- The Dice game is still the old one, why only Taiwan and Hong Kong preloaded with newer dice.

- New incoming call screen when device is unlock.

- New Opera Mobile 9.7 preloaded.

- More RAM available, now 152.13MB available.

- No issue displaying asian language.

- Samsung Main Menu & Cube 3D removed. Kinda miss it but is ok as it is pointless to having it.

- Larger Indicator has been remove and replace with default WM 6.5.3 one.

Hi Andrew, do you see both Samsung settings and WM default settings on Honeycomb menu? or is it now like the HTC settings which has the option to take you back to WM default settings (you know on HD2 or HD Mini there's only 1 settings icon on start-menu and that icon takes you right to HTC settings and only in HTC settings can you open up WM default settings)

Guest DunKnow
i have one stupid question...when i download 2 files, are they .nbo or .mst files? i cant notice that.. ;)

The PDA part is in .mst extension.

Guest gchris7

Widgetplus is indeed super smooth, although memory management is still not so good.

Picture viewer is also alot smoother than before and at last they implemented a folder filter feature.

This by far the best rom from samsung...

Edited by gchris7

Guest NewForce
Found it at Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader!

Million of thx to quattro formaggi who made the wonderful program!!!

Here's the changes:

1.It's 6.5.3!!!

2.Cayon Physics and Asphalt 4 are in the .mst as before.No need to install like we do in ZNJC2

3.No samsung cube and Main Menu

4.GPRS Counter is increased

5.Samsung today and samsung widget fits the 6.5.3 rom perfectly!

6.Opera is 9.7 now (biggest change so far)

7.Large Toolbar Samung icons are gone, replaced by standard WM 6.5.3 icons

8.New keyboard skin and updated layout

9.Nice Black Theme, but not selected by default

10.New calculator app (at least new skin)

11.Touch sensitivity is low (default) - touch.cab makes it perfect (tweak required)

12.Samsung apps have new skin (slight change from JC2 and JC1)

13.Media Player is updated (although very close do JC2)

14.More available RAM, increased by 8MB!

(The default PDA pagepool is 20mb, but flash with eboot will change to 15mb.so the 152mb is for 15mb pagepool.Samsung really free up more ram for user)

15.the new home screen with this transition a lot smoother and the widgets are not reloaded with every time.

16.new keyboard, now is not on the bottom bar, and with new color

17.It looks like they made Touch Player better in this version. Now you can delete Songs and Albums that you don't want directly on Touch Player.

18.there was no bubblebreaker game,a downgraded Windows Live Messenger and some Samsung customized popup menu is gone. The touchwiz interface for today is very very smooth.

19.Asian Lang. displays and types fine. No problems displaying Korean & Chinese.Also has regional settings for Korean.

20.New Photo app as now it allow you to deselect folder you don't to be display.

Great thx to all of you who share the screenshots and change logs with us!!! ;)

Thank you very much kydkylin for this new rom! ;)

Finally, the first official WM6.5.3 by Samsung for Omnia2 with more RAM than before.

I've always been a great supporter for official, as I love most of the Samsung Apps.

Think I might use JD1 for quite sometime from now. (until the next official rom release? who know...)

Edited by NewForce

Guest AndrewTan
Hi Andrew, do you see both Samsung settings and WM default settings on Honeycomb menu? or is it now like the HTC settings which has the option to take you back to WM default settings (you know on HD2 or HD Mini there's only 1 settings icon on start-menu and that icon takes you right to HTC settings and only in HTC settings can you open up WM default settings)

They is only one Samsung Settings, the default WM settings is hide, you can always enable back via below registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\

and change Value 'HideSettings' to '0

Guest Shrekster

Hmm i have put the language on dutch and installed with dutch choosen in the csc

but my callender days and moths is in Greek

and when i install spb shell its in greek too

Any way i can fix that ?

Guest msra6la2
They is only one Samsung Settings, the default WM settings is hide, you can always enable back via below registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\

and change Value 'HideSettings' to '0

oh good thanks

Guest monsterfly
Some thoughts for the undecided (coming from JB1):

No Youtube/Facebook app pre-installed, but easily obtainable via marketplace or m.youtube.com/app

Youtube and Facebook applications are in the ROM but shortcuts are deleted by CSCConfig.xml which is in I8000EURJD4.csc file.

Guest sesser

i have strange problem, recived massages (sms) are dated yesterday, so the samsung message chat is messed up.. does any one had trouble with that ?

Guest gunner16avr

i've installed this rom. I want to change the CPU mode to High, but everytime i close the settings screen it changes to Auto.

What i've to do?

Edited by gunner16avr

Guest andel90

Thank you for the excellent ROM kydkylin! Im having problems using the keyboard can anyone tell me why the letter doesnt appear when i press it on the keyboard when sending a text?

Hmm i have put the language on dutch and installed with dutch choosen in the csc

but my callender days and moths is in Greek

and when i install spb shell its in greek too

Any way i can fix that ?

Change Regional Setting

Guest AndrewTan
i've installed this rom. I want to change the CPU mode to High, but everytime i close the settings screen it changes to Auto.

What i've to do?

Did you use the Samsung Today as Items On Today, if YES, then it will always switch back to Auto. You can set the CPU to High by only not use the Samsung Today as Items On Today.

Guest gunner16avr
Did you use the Samsung Today as Items On Today, if YES, then it will always switch back to Auto. You can set the CPU to High by only not use the Samsung Today as Items On Today.

ok thanks!

Guest skutchi

Hi,

ever when I receive MMS or SMS, the indicator on Samsung Today/Widget Plus or SPB Shell stays at 0 new messages. Is there a solution for this to fix it?

Thanks

Guest lcesser

Man, this is the best rom until now. Replaces the chinese JC2 with advantages. Only drawback is the XTRA problem, but already solved.

Thank you very much. ;)

Sds

Luciano