I8000NXXJD1 LITE 20100410

Guest twu2

Guest cengaver83

Hi Twu2. I really wonder what does make differ your ROM than the others, since GPS locks to satellites extremely fast. I want to use another rom and want the gps as fast as yours. Can you help me about this? Any cab ? :huh:

Also i don't know why S2U2 cannot overwrite your ROM's incoming call screen. When i get a call, system first shows windows call screen and then S2U2 then windows's again. If we could fix this i can use your ROM.

Edited by cengaver83

Guest akurone
2010/04/10

This is a lite (or ultralite) rom based on I8000NXXJD1.

thanks a lot twu2!

just to note, bubble breaker is missing from the cabs! :huh:

Guest kromo
Also i don't know why S2U2 cannot overwrite your ROM's incoming call screen. When i get a call, system first shows windows call screen and then S2U2 then windows's again. If we could fix this i can use your ROM.

mine work fine...

Guest Neo Wonge

thanks twu2 ... i installed successfully without any problem so far

anyone using different pagepool and is there performance different ??? i am using default which is 15m, performace ok ... thx

Guest Miguel Singson
CHome => The WM 6.5 "Windows Default" Today.

Connected Home => DLNA => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

Connected Home is used for media servers thru wifi. I host a media server at home and with connected home i can stream/ download music/ movies etc straight from any computer in our house straight to my phone using wifi

Guest Miguel Singson
Thanks for the ROM twu - didn't know that the extra 30MB or so of free RAM was going to make such a big difference. Glad you made this available.

RE: Headphone Jack Dialogue.

Didn't work for me initially. Installed FM Radio Cab - still didn't work.

Then I noticed this: After fresh boot - first insert will not bring up the dialogue. Subsequent inserts do.

RE: Samsung's SMS-MMS.

Thanks again twu for your topic on "Replace WM's tmail.exe with Samsung skinned email/SMS application (jinbox.exe)" http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-jinbox-exe/

I was looking for the wrong file the whole time - I was initially looking for SMS-MMS.exe Obviously a file that does not exist.

RE: Samsung skinned phone dialer.

I disabled this through the registry. With HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin/ changing Enabled from 1 --> 0. Did it to save that extra 10MB or so of RAM. Unfortunately, the bottom toolbar - out of "Phone" and "Phonebook" I've noticed that "Phonebook" appears to invoke the Samsung skinned dialer. Well, it looks like it, anyway.

Is there a way to get rid of that "Phonebook" button on the bottom?

"Phone" starts up the default windows mobile one (I think) and I'm happy enough with that

"Phonebook" can be remapped with SKtools. im sure other similar programs can do this also. i use SKtools though. best bang for my buck imho

Guest vam2010

i like this rom very much, but i am spanish, may you explain me how can i change the language to spanish?, i have no idea about rom, i only know how to change, but for me, built it, will be impossible. I have read this:

"If you need other language... you can try it, it might work, or build a new one by yourself."

thank you very much, and sorry for my english.

Guest yorkhoh

Anyone else got problems with DMC (Connected Home) and this ROM?

I've happily used this JD1 rom for a while now and as the need arose - I added back in some of the included Samsung apps. One of these being "Connected Home".

Symptom:

Program cannot play or view correct video/display.

I can find my server and select files. Video or Photos. Photos don't display anything. Videos play, I can hear the audio but no video. It remains on the same screen when I press "Play". ie. it shows my server, a tunnel pointing to my player (my i8000 device) and the player controls down the bottom.

I thought it might have something to do with the divx registration - went and did that ... no change...problem persists.

I rebooted phone -

I uninstalled and reinstalled DMC on both "My Storage" and "Device" -

I added in "My communities" just in case -

Problem still persists.

Everything else seems to be working with the app - I can browse my server's shared files but I cannot view the images when I press "Play"

Any help here?

Maybe the JD3 rom might have similar issues too?

P.S. I'm noting that my wifi profiles started to screw up because of "Connected Home". DMC may be the cause of all those lost wifi profiles stated in numerous other threads.

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

cant seem to download smartsync.cab

it says "This file is copyrighted and may not be distributed without permission of the copyright holder. We will direct you to RapidMovies, where you can buy upcoming games and movies legally online."

help any1 pls?

BTW, great rom Twu2, clean & fast! thanks a lot, been waiting 4 this 1..

Guest yorkhoh
cant seem to download smartsync.cab

it says "This file is copyrighted and may not be distributed without permission of the copyright holder. We will direct you to RapidMovies, where you can buy upcoming games and movies legally online."

help any1 pls?

Try downloading from another one of those "multi" upload sites. The error above sounds like rapidshare. I just successfully downloaded the Smart Sync app from megaupload. Just scroll down to see all the other links.

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

do you have ringtone problems? i cant seem to hear my ringtone when someones calling me.. :'(

EDIT: just reflashed, evrythings going great now! thanks again

Edited by arthurjohngeronimo