I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest nap_rz

hey garry, do you know how to :

1. making the sms panel on titanium notifications opens the samsung sms application instead of tmail.exe

or

2. enabling tmail.exe's threaded sms?

Guest Gary Crutcher
hey garry, do you know how to :

1. making the sms panel on titanium notifications opens the samsung sms application instead of tmail.exe

or

2. enabling tmail.exe's threaded sms?

Try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM]

"SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001

Change to

"SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000000

Guest nap_rz

does not work ;) the text on the bottom said '1 conservation selected' however there is no threaded sms there, just a normal sms.... even after soft reset

Guest Jeanne8fr

I seem to have a problem with the zoomed bar of icons that pops up when you click on the taskbar. I get a blank area at the top that messes up all my screens and won't go away after that.

That's with GC_JD1_23113_Lite

Any ways to fix that?

Thanks

Jeannette

Guest Rufik
Gary is right it was JC2 23549 which had this problem with the lock screen.

And he posted a registry change in that thread. Take a look there.

Found post, but these registy changes haven't helped :/ Still with old, grey "tap to Unlock" lockscreen :/

Guest Gary Crutcher
Found post, but these registy changes haven't helped :/ Still with old, grey "tap to Unlock" lockscreen :/

Well, first of all, you are posting in the wrong thread.

The rom was posted in WM6-5-5 Thread

Second, there was a new rom which should have fixed the problem: JC2/23551

You may want to try that rom.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I seem to have a problem with the zoomed bar of icons that pops up when you click on the taskbar. I get a blank area at the top that messes up all my screens and won't go away after that.

That's with GC_JD1_23113_Lite

Any ways to fix that?

Thanks

Jeannette

First time I've ever heard that problem. Never heard of it happening in any of my roms.

Did you hard reset after flashing? If not, maybe try a hard reset to see if it gets resolved.

Guest contable

@Gary:

Many thanks for cooking in my AppLauncher and giving me full support ! It´s the 2nd time that a chef has cooked in this plugin.;)

If I find some time I will share a new version. Since I´ve started the JMLToday skin/mod project I had to stop the older developements...

BTW the asian chicks wallpaper section will start very soon. ;) Please visit Lancez´s thread.

Cheers,

contable

Guest Jeanne8fr
First time I've ever heard that problem. Never heard of it happening in any of my roms.

Did you hard reset after flashing? If not, maybe try a hard reset to see if it gets resolved.

Actually I did a couple of soft resets and it seems to be fine now. Not sure what happened..

Thanks,

J.

Guest Rufik
Well, first of all, you are posting in the wrong thread.

The rom was posted in WM6-5-5 Thread

Second, there was a new rom which should have fixed the problem: JC2/23551

You may want to try that rom.

No, I'm using your "12 April 2010: JD1 (23103) / 23557 Lite version" from this thread, really ;) I can made a screenshot to prove it if you want to.

Guest karos

Hello

i flashed the last rom with JMLToday.

But actually i diddnt understand what it is and how to use ;)

Could anybody tell me please

OK.

I found your instructions about.

But Your 15 Apr. is the best rom i think.

Thanks again

Edited by karos

Guest Gary Crutcher
@Gary:

Many thanks for cooking in my AppLauncher and giving me full support ! It´s the 2nd time that a chef has cooked in this plugin.;)

If I find some time I will share a new version. Since I´ve started the JMLToday skin/mod project I had to stop the older developements...

BTW the asian chicks wallpaper section will start very soon. ;) Please visit Lancez´s thread.

Cheers,

contable

Thanks Contable. I really like the AppLauncher.

Looking forward to the Asian chicks section.

Guest Gary Crutcher
No, I'm using your "12 April 2010: JD1 (23103) / 23557 Lite version" from this thread, really ;) I can made a screenshot to prove it if you want to.

Ok, but all you said was "I'm using this one with WM 6.5.5 build 23557".

It was a problem with a version on another thread. Problem was fixed and has not

shown up since.

I tested this and no problems here.

Did you hard reset after flashing?

EDIT.......

Ok...I see where you are getting this. It's normal. You are going to start menu and clicking lock at the bottom.

You need to change a reg setting to get Samsung lock screen.

Click on Samsung settings | Display and Light | View More | Lock Screen

Then click "Lock when device is woken up" - should be green on right after clicking.

Then exit settings.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Rufik
Ok, but all you said was "I'm using this one with WM 6.5.5 build 23557".

It was a problem with a version on another thread. Problem was fixed and has not

shown up since.

I tested this and no problems here.

Did you hard reset after flashing?

I'm sorry for disinformation. I made Hard reset after flash. I did full flash with eboot, csc, phone and your pda.

Ok...I see where you are getting this. It's normal. You are going to start menu and clicking lock at the bottom.

You need to change a reg setting to get Samsung lock screen.

Click on Samsung settings | Display and Light | View More | Lock Screen

Then click "Lock when device is woken up" - should be green on right after clicking.

Then exit settings.

No, it haven't helped. It was the first thing I've tried ;) Any other ideas?

Guest nap_rz

garry, I have more questions to you

here is something I find interesting in all your ROMs.... that is....

that even if I use htmlnote.dll/tmail.exe/wm sms+email app (to make it short, I will use tmail.exe from now on) to see all messages (the list) in my sms inbox, everytime I want to see individual message; it will switch automatically to samsung's app/mms.dll

and also that if I compose a message, it would automatically open mms.dll instead of using tmail.exe

what exactly did you do to achieve this? other cookers ROM I've tried so far do not have this.

more importantly, is there a way to revert this?

I believe this is the reason why the hack to enabling tmail.exe threaded messaging failed because the system would bypass tmail.exe and use mms.dll instead.

Guest Gary Crutcher
garry, I have more questions to you

here is something I find interesting in all your ROMs.... that is....

that even if I use htmlnote.dll/tmail.exe/wm sms+email app (to make it short, I will use tmail.exe from now on) to see all messages (the list) in my sms inbox, everytime I want to see individual message; it will switch automatically to samsung's app/mms.dll

and also that if I compose a message, it would automatically open mms.dll instead of using tmail.exe

what exactly did you do to achieve this? other cookers ROM I've tried so far do not have this.

more importantly, is there a way to revert this?

I believe this is the reason why the hack to enabling tmail.exe threaded messaging failed because the system would bypass tmail.exe and use mms.dll instead.

Actually, I didn't do anything with regards to tmail, etc., so I don't know how this is happening.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary can you pls include samsung today in ur next build? thx alot!

JD3 will have a version with and without Samsung today.

Will post Wednesday night Bangkok time.

Guest nap_rz
Actually, I didn't do anything with regards to tmail, etc., so I don't know how this is happening.

ouch my bad...actually I've seen something in the registry that might caused that and thus I assume samsung is overriding wm registry everytime mms.dll installed/cooked...

btw why don't u cook with JD3 instead of more JD1?

Guest Gary Crutcher
ouch my bad...actually I've seen something in the registry that might caused that and thus I assume samsung is overriding wm registry everytime mms.dll installed/cooked...

btw why don't u cook with JD3 instead of more JD1?

See post #268 ;)

Hi!

Here is something I do not understand:

I've downloaded your Rom (from 19 April 2010 - GC JD1-23559 Lite w/AppLauncher) a few day's ago and installed it to my Samsung I8000.

Perfect! I saw your boot-screen and the free memory like your screenshot's shows.

Then I changed the language to German, because it's my native language.

And after that, I had the "old" bootscreen form secany's latest rom i8000XXJB1

I used Octan's download, with all files from secany but instead of his mst-file your nb0 file.

Perhaps this was the mistake? Shall I just use your nb0-file to update my phone (i haven't tried it yet)

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

heo

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi!

Here is something I do not understand:

I've downloaded your Rom (from 19 April 2010 - GC JD1-23559 Lite w/AppLauncher) a few day's ago and installed it to my Samsung I8000.

Perfect! I saw your boot-screen and the free memory like your screenshot's shows.

Then I changed the language to German, because it's my native language.

And after that, I had the "old" bootscreen form secany's latest rom i8000XXJB1

I used Octan's download, with all files from secany but instead of his mst-file your nb0 file.

Perhaps this was the mistake? Shall I just use your nb0-file to update my phone (i haven't tried it yet)

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

heo

You can't change the language, only the regional settings. Remember - it's an English language rom. ;)

Guest fattmatt

Awesome, I like the Samsung Today UI, thanks Gary.

Matt.

Guest jhlee_0722

thx gary! looking forward for ur new release!