I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest jhlee_0722
hi GC

i am not sure if this is a bug.

the new sms that comes in does not show the person name but shows their hp no.

any advise ?

possible cause which i suspect is the including of the country code that cause the prob.

how to resolve this?

which csc u using? try changin HKCU\Control Panel\Phone\CalIidMatch to 8

Guest sesser

Hi GC, thanks for clear anwser ;) i flashed about ~20roms i8000 till now, but theres one thing i still dont understand.. now im trying your JD1 with 0MB PP and got 167MB total RAM to use, after installing usual SPB + Espresso and PhoneEx and hour of use i end up with 45MB free ram, its the same situation as JC1 with 16MB PP, JB1 and so on.. is this that memory leak in WM6.5x that eats whatever free ram u have or i do something wrong ?

EDIT: i didnt do the patching properly, so i guess im still on 8MB PP ;) my bad...

Edited by sesser

Guest midimal
why did you keep opera 9.7 ;), please remove in the next version opera 10 is so much better. But great work will try it out and see.

U can install OPERA 10 using internal memory - whats the problem? ;)

Guest midimal
Hi GC, thanks for clear anwser ;) i flashed about ~20roms i8000 till now, but theres one thing i still dont understand.. now im trying your JD1 with 0MB PP and got 167MB total RAM to use, after installing usual SPB + Espresso and PhoneEx and hour of use i end up with 45MB free ram, its the same situation as JC1 with 16MB PP, JB1 and so on.. is this that memory leak in WM6.5x that eats whatever free ram u have or i do something wrong ?

What is the benefit to set Pagepool to 0MB when Samsung sets it to 15MB? I mean there must be the reason for settings >0MB

I mean u can google internet and find out what pagepool is good for - i dont think 0MB is a good idea ;)

Guest sesser
What is the benefit to set Pagepool to 0MB when Samsung sets it to 15MB? I mean there must be the reason for settings >0MB

I mean u can google internet and find out what pagepool is good for - i dont think 0MB is a good idea ;)

why u asking me ? ;) i did this just for a test to see if theres any difference and i have to say... hmm.. i dont see any ;) and i mean siriusly no difference since the free ram avaiable is still the same ;/ the responsivness and overal performance are pretty much the same, no slowdowns or something like this,

Edited by sesser

Guest Niaoson

Is anyone having problems restoring a backup using PIM Backup? I can restore EVERYTHING except my messages.

The restore proceeds fine and it claims to have restored all 1000+ of my messages but when I go to messages I don't see anything there at all (I did make sure I wasn't looking at the email section)

Anyone? ;)

Guest midimal
why did you keep opera 9.7 ;), please remove in the next version opera 10 is so much better. But great work will try it out and see.

Just to inform you

Samsung allows only to use Opera 9.7 or lower to get stuff from their homepages (from your omnia)

If u use Opera 10 they block (lets say if u want to get widgets ) with error message: incorrect device!

If u use Opera10 beside Opera 9.7 (and 9.7 as a main browser) u are fine

As i wrote before - just install Opera 10 into "Main Memory" and keep 9.7 as default browser (or IE)

Ciao

Guest jebise
Just to inform you

Samsung allows only to use Opera 9.7 or lower to get stuff from their homepages (from your omnia)

If u use Opera 10 they block (lets say if u want to get widgets ) with error message: incorrect device!

If u use Opera10 beside Opera 9.7 (and 9.7 as a main browser) u are fine

As i wrote before - just install Opera 10 into "Main Memory" and keep 9.7 as default browser (or IE)

Ciao

Yeah i know i had both before. Thats not the issues the purpose of a lite ROM is to removed all software that people don't want. Yes i can install 10 no issue it just a waste of space having 9.7 that i will never use./

Guest midimal
Yeah i know i had both before. Thats not the issues the purpose of a lite ROM is to removed all software that people don't want. Yes i can install 10 no issue it just a waste of space having 9.7 that i will never use./

Ah comon how many MB do u losse - maybe 5MB? ;))))))) so what - u still have over 200MB free. The RAM is there to be used and not to watch on it ;)))

Guest lucienium

I for one prefer Opera 9.7 stay on the ROM; It's only about 5 - 10 MB. What matters is we have a ROM that has as much working RAM as possible.

Guest nap_rz
the samsung phonebook and messaging app is there

no u can uninstall 9.7. it is "write" into the rom.

can anyone, please... tell me how to disable these samsung sms and phonebook?

sorry for the huge texts, I've been asking about this several times at different threads with no answer

Guest dommu

Hi Chinese users, are you able to view chinese characters even after installing Newforce "chinese display" cab on this lite ROM?

I got only square with it. PlumSip and MOAkey are installed.

Any idea?

Guest quizesilver
Hi Chinese users, are you able to view chinese characters even after installing Newforce "chinese display" cab on this lite ROM?

I got only square with it. PlumSip and MOAkey are installed.

Any idea?

hi i maybe wrong

GC mention that this is a english rom

so i am not sure if he remove any of the chinese language.

i didnt try the plumsip and moakey.

but u may wan to try this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...re-appreciate/#

on the #1 post.

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi i maybe wrong

GC mention that this is a english rom

so i am not sure if he remove any of the chinese language.

i didnt try the plumsip and moakey.

but u may wan to try this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...re-appreciate/#

on the #1 post.

I tested a Chinese notepad program Skoda60 gave me and it worked ok - displayed Chinese characters ok.

Guest dommu
I tested a Chinese notepad program Skoda60 gave me and it worked ok - displayed Chinese characters ok.

Hi Gary,

You mean you the lite rom dispay chinese characters on notepad without installation of NewForce cab? Do you have to install or tweak anything to get it to display chinese.

Anyway, great job on the rom.

Dommu

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

You mean you the lite rom dispay chinese characters on notepad without installation of NewForce cab? Do you have to install or tweak anything to get it to display chinese.

Anyway, great job on the rom.

Dommu

Did not do anything but run the Chinese notepad program.

Skoda60 gave it to me to test as he was having problems displaying Chinese chars.

Maybe check with him as I did fix a previous version for him and did the same testing with this one.