Easy to create your lite rom like me...

Guest twu2

Guest twu2

please follow the documentation.

in your environment, no LITE folder, and... I think you never execute the php -Cq i8000lite.php script.

do you just dump the rom then build it? please use rom_dump.bin file, don't use .nb0 file directly.

Guest Daley Lay

Hi Twu, i have downloaded the dskdump v2, but i dont know where get wrong, i have error while opening the file, i am using Vista sp2, thanks.

# new version here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1243716

It's very easy, just following this documentation step by step:

0. get php win32 binary from here: http://windows.php.net/download/ and install it to c:\php\

1. get sorg's dskdump.exe from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

2. flash the official rom and choose the language you need, then use dskdump.exe to dump the rom to rom_dump.bin

3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/

4. copy _Template folder to I8000NXXJD1, and follow wes58's documentation, copy and change the file we need for LZX compression.

5. put rom_dump.bin to I8000NXXJD1 folder, like this:

post-609730-1271145386_thumb.png

6. execute romtool.exe, choose 'Dump PDA (.nb0, .nb, .bin file)', and click the 'Select File' button to choose the rom_dump.bin, then check the option like this:

post-609730-1271145392_thumb.png

then click 'Run' button, wait for a few minutes, you will get a result like this:

post-609730-1271145402_thumb.png

7. then choose 'Setting', click 'Start ExtReloc' button like:

post-609730-1271145409_thumb.png

8. change to 'Optoins' tab in ExtReloc, then change the option and like this:

post-609730-1271145415_thumb.png

then click 'Save Options', then exit ExtReloc program.

9. extract files (include folder) from i8000lite.zip, you should get the environment like:

post-609730-1271145424_thumb.png

post-609730-1271145432_thumb.png

post-609730-1271145439_thumb.png

10. open a command prompt, change to the I8000NXXJD1 folder, make sure the php command work fine for 'c:\php\php.exe -v', then execute 'c:\php\php.exe -Cq i8000lite.php' like this:

post-609730-1271145448_thumb.png

the result will like this:

post-609730-1271145455_thumb.png

the script will move files we don't want to deleted folder like:

post-609730-1271145464_thumb.png

11. you can do some fine tune here, to delete some other files, change some registry, add some program.... (change the setting in zzzzMyMods folder, it's for English, some might change in different langaue)

12. return to romtool.exe, choose 'Build PDA (.nb0 file) tab, and Click the '...' button after 'Work Folder' to choose the our work folder (I8000NXXJD1, yes you need to choose it again, even it's already this folder), change the PDA version to what you like, and click the option like this (also change the pagepool size to what you want):

post-609730-1271145471_thumb.png

13. click 'Run', it will pop-up BuildOS like this:

post-609730-1271145477_thumb.png

14. click the green execute button, and wait for a few minutes, it should like this:

post-609730-1271145486_thumb.png

15. before you close BuildOS, here is the final stage if you still need to modify some files or some setting, just do it in 'temp\dump' folder....

16. close BuildOS program, it will pop-up ExtReloc like this:

post-609730-1271145493_thumb.png

17. then just wait... maybe 5-10 minutes depend on you computer speed... you should get the result like this:

post-609730-1271145500_thumb.png

18. then check the 'Finished ROM' folder, you should get the lite ROM here:

post-609730-1271145508_thumb.png

19. flash it and test it...

for cabs... there's no easy way or script to do it, you need to use 'WinCE Cab Manager' to create it or modify the one I created.

here is the file include the script, setting, and zzzzzMyMods OEM.

i8000lite_eng.zip

PS. please delete the following line in deleted_files.txt, if you remove this, and forget to put a new file (4 row menu) for this, you can't see the start menu after flash the rom:

StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr

StartMenu_GridScene_800x480.cpr

post-653191-1275882092_thumb.jpg

post-653191-1275882129_thumb.jpg

Guest fubo
Hi Twu, i have downloaded the dskdump v2, but i dont know where get wrong, i have error while opening the file, i am using Vista sp2, thanks.

dskdump.exe must be copied on SD card of your I8000 and launched from I8000. It's a WM application, not Windows one.

Guest Daley Lay

Thanks Fubo, i have copied it but i have error, but where goes wrong???

dskdump.exe must be copied on SD card of your I8000 and launched from I8000. It's a WM application, not Windows one.

post-653191-1275893125_thumb.jpg

Guest fubo
Thanks Fubo, i have copied it but i have error, but where goes wrong???

I said SD card, not My storage. It MUST be an external SD card.

Guest fr@p

hi twu2. thanks for this tutorial. im a newbie and i have a question. is it possible to just use rodrigofd's o2util to convert an MST file to NB0 so that i dont have to flash the device with the full rom? any issues with that? thanks!

Guest dextro_
hi twu2. thanks for this tutorial. im a newbie and i have a question. is it possible to just use rodrigofd's o2util to convert an MST file to NB0 so that i dont have to flash the device with the full rom? any issues with that? thanks!

I've tried once and I couldn't open it, gave me some kind of errors. It's better you flash the mst file and use diskdump.

It's easy and you are sure that's ok :) I've done 3, JD6 JE2 JE3, with my own oem. I'm using My JE3 now :) if you need help ask !

good luck

Edited by dextro_

Guest Clemenzo

Could someone kindly post step-by-step examples of how we can add programs to the rom with oemizer? Maybe we could use simpler and common ones like the 4-column start menu or the new SDKCert cab for illustration?

Thank you!

Guest skoda60

For newbies as me, I modified twu2 instruction 4 and 5 as below and using kitchen 3.01 with attached:

0. get php win32 binary from here: http://windows.php.net/download/ and install it to c:\php\

1. get sorg's dskdump.exe from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

2. flash the official rom and choose the language you need, then use dskdump.exe to dump the rom to rom_dump.bin

3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/, used the latest version 3.01, see attached files was the complete version of kitchen Ver 3.01 with the directories structure created for you. You just extracted it to c:\ or d:\. and you will see the full directory tree. In i800_rom, I added in Twu2 v3 for JE1 and Je2, Octanc 2.14 and cab2OEM you may need it.

4. copy _Template folder to eg "My_lite_ROM" folder which I already created or create yourself.

5. put rom_dump.bin to "My_lite_ROM" folder, like this as shown in post #1 and fellow closely and you will be success like me.

On builddos pop up, twu2 made a useful way for us to select those package you need with checked box. but 1) Samsung keypad, 2) Power on/off animated, and 3) My OEM were essential for a basic lite ROM.

i8000_ROM.rar

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60
Could someone kindly post step-by-step examples of how we can add programs to the rom with oemizer? Maybe we could use simpler and common ones like the 4-column start menu or the new SDKCert cab for illustration?

Thank you!

Good ideal, I also have problems with this.

Guest fr@p
I've tried once and I couldn't open it, gave me some kind of errors. It's better you flash the mst file and use diskdump.

It's easy and you are sure that's ok :) I've done 3, JD6 JE2 JE3, with my own oem. I'm using My JE3 now :) if you need help ask !

good luck

thanks dextro. i guess there really is no other way but to flash the full rom. anyway i have another question. and this goes to anybody who knows wat im asking. is a rom dump similar across all O2 devices? wat i mean is, if i install a full rom and i dump it using sorg's utility or pako's executor. can other people take my dump and use it to create their own lite rom? im asking because if that's possible then we can create a thread to share our "dumps" with other people and let them download so we can skip this step in cooking roms. lesser time to cook a rom and that means more people can do it. if thats even possible, i will volunteer to share my dump from my O2. thanks a lot! :)

Guest Daley Lay

Said if i don't have SD card for the phone, if i am prefer one of the ROM that i am prefer, how can i create/cook for this new ROM? appreciated.

For newbies as me, I modified twu2 instruction 4 and 5 as below and using kitchen 3.01 with attached:

3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/, used the latest version 3.01, see attached files was the complete version of kitchen Ver 3.01 with the directories structure created for you. You just extracted it to c:\ or d:\. and you will see the full directory tree. In i800_rom, I added in Twu2 v3 for JE1 and Je2, Octanc 2.14 and cab2OEM you may need it.

4. copy _Template folder to eg "My_lite_ROM" folder which I already created or create yourself.

5. put rom_dump.bin to "My_lite_ROM" folder, like this as shown in post #1 and fellow closely and you will be success like me.

On builddos pop up, twu2 made a useful way for us to select those package you need with checked box. but 1) Samsung keypad, 2) Power on/off animated, and 3) My OEM were essential for a basic lite ROM.

Guest skoda60
Said if i don't have SD card for the phone, if i am prefer one of the ROM that i am prefer, how can i create/cook for this new ROM? appreciated.

There is another version which you can dump into the my storage card. Or you used pako's executor V3 see attached with manual inside the zip file.

EXEcutor_3.0.zip

Guest Daley Lay

Thanks, cool, there so many option under the program, but how do i go about there?

There is another version which you can dump into the my storage card. Or you used pako's executor V3 see attached with manual inside the zip file.

Guest skoda60
Thanks, cool, there so many option under the program, but how do i go about there?

I never used this program so can't advice. But you can read Apr 14 2010, 14:11

Post #20 on this thread by twu2.

Guest Clemenzo
Good ideal, I also have problems with this.

I tried it out and was successful with adding softreset and 4-column start menu. There was an error about StartMenu_GridScene_***x***.cpr being existing while running buildOS, so I made a manual overwrite into the temp/dump windows folder before closing buildOS. It works for me but I think there should be a more proper way of doing it.

To add programs to your ROM, copy oemizer files into the tools folder start it. Check the boxes "OEM Info", "Files & Shortcuts" and "Additional Registry Entries". Go to the "Files & Shortcuts" and click on "Import Cab".

Once done, click on "Create OEM", this should create a folder name specified in "OEM Info". Then you can select this folder in BuildOS.

The above worked for me for simple cabs. Yet to explore more. Please share your experience and best practices. Thank you!

Guest roseghost

Hi twu2

First thank you for your instruction ans script . With JE3 original rom is ok , When i tried with JE2 original and your script JE2_V3_Lite , every thing done without error but i can not boot my phone , it is alway stuck at black screen ( same turn off ) . Pls tell me a suggestion .

I am waiting for JE3_Lite script from you .

Edited by roseghost

Guest skoda60
how can i install php

and which version should i choose

This version worked for me: php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi. Just fellow twu2 guide.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Odysseas07

Hello and thanks

Can i ask you something ???

How i can add oem files on your php ??? i have to add theme there ???

I have fix some of oem files with apps which i wand and i wand to add in my new rom

Thanks againnnnnnn

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest dextro_
Hello and thanks

Can i ask you something ???

How i can add oem files on your php ??? i have to add theme there ???

I have fix some of oem files with apps which i wand and i wand to add in my new rom

Thanks againnnnnnn

You must use OEMizer that's in Tools folder. ;)

One question, how can I add my wallpaper to appear on first boot? besides that one blue.

Guest msurg

@twu2

Thank you for the tutorial. I can cook my own ROM now.

How do you produce the cab files for programs excluded from ROM? I tried wince cab manager, cabtools but no go. Any clue?